Forums

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,481

RetroRich

Woo, first time I've ever posted from work.
Erm, had to get up that early for work, hence why I needed to be in bed last night.
I think I might be back home earlier than I had originally anticipated this evening and should be good to hunt from around eight thirty. I hope. Might have a bit of a scewed aim though as I'm going to the pub. Having said that, my gun shoots banana shots anyway, so shouldn't make too much difference.

RetroRich

Nayr-WaR

@Rich That's cool, and to be honest, your really not that bad at gunning, you died less than me and chris.

NNID: Nayr96

Chris720

I never died... I swear... o_o

Got some Capture Expert with my Good Luck, so hoping to be capping some monsters today and getting 3x the amount of rewards.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Amorous_Badger

XtremeBlitz wrote:

I hope we all are...

Well, your a better gunner than all of us, but theres the obvious things like bring every healing item ever, also, with the strategy were going to be trying, you'll need all clust ammo (hopefully you've got a gun that can fire it) and if you can fire it, also sleep ammo. I also bring freeze as I think he's weak to it.

I can do pretty much all that, bar the ice shots, if he's weak to ice then I should be able to sub in Water S without too much worry though.
Cluster 3's can do, have been able to fire THOSE since beating Lagi for the first time offline..

/edit, according to this http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Alatreon I'll need water/ice, fire/dragon, sleep and cluster..

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

Sorted.

Peco barrel, Agnablaster frame, Royal Launcher stock.

Gives me water, fire and dragon elemental, plus cluster 1-3 and sleep.
Damage of 300, weighing in at middle weight, with a range of 99m, recoil and reload could be better but no deviation(gemmed it out)and it's a folding frame, so I'll just have to time those shots properly..
Get in.

/edit.

It's taken me 40 minutes to optimise an Ala gun(which I suspect will be pretty handy vs Barroth too).
I'm not proud.

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Nayr-WaR

@Demon i've seen better runs of it, where they have all four on the wall and they dont get off until hes dead, but the people who do this have very good armour sets and skills(clust up and clust+ reload speed up and recoil down etc.) so we may be able to do it, but not as quick.

@Badger Well I can tell your a gunner! also nice set there, I think that should be good against him

Edit: heading on for a bit now to finally finish this dober gunner set!

Edited on by Nayr-WaR

Amorous_Badger

Might head on a bit early to spam Agy until you lot turn up, I've nearly got enough parts to max out my Agblaster...

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Chris720

Seems we're going to need some new tactics for Ala. I'll try working on an armor that helps with Clust shots... gonna need some Scatterfish to create some Clust Lvl 3 too.

At the moment, we might as well try to focus on getting good enough guns to take out those wings, and if possible him in a short period of time...

Also, how about abandoning sleep bombing for now? Since Clust spamming seems to be so much quicker than repeating sleep then bomb.

YouTube

RetroRich

I'm happy to do whatever it takes to get those webbings. Learning to gun effectively, although frustrating, has added a new element to the game that im quite enjoying. I need to get myself a bunch of claws so will be spending a bit of time off line until the ship turns up. SHould be on this afternoon. Let me know when you're going to be on guys.

RetroRich

Chris720

@Rich You can trade for Wyvern Claws online today. You can get 8 for 1 Ian Coin. I'm not sure what else you can trade it for, I think it was Iron Ore.

Also, I feel the same about gunning, its given the game a whole new level for me and something else to have a go at and is quite enjoyable getting all the parts together and making a mean gunner set.

YouTube

Nayr-WaR

W00T, I have lot's of Iron ore and nothing to do with it, so hopefully your right...

I think the bowgun is probably the most fun weapon to use in the game, and it really makes the game feel fresh again, as if the hunts are different.
I'll be heading on now.

Amorous_Badger

As a general tactical thing, I think that every time we attempt the quest, the quest 'leader/owner/nominator/whatever' LEADS the scrap and issues instructions as to when to wall/cluster/sleep/etc.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Amorous_Badger

Also: I didn't get in from the the pub till gone 4 last night.

I fear I may be something of a liability today.
My local is awesome.

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

RetroRich

Xtreme, sorry you are starting to find this boreing dude. I reckon 4 or 5 more successful runs and I will have all I need for my Ala armor and to upgrage my SnS. And we seem to be getting better each time. I know it was my fault last time we failed, but I had no chance to escape that icicle. Next time I will take the potion that fully raises my health so I wont be as vulnerable after first death.
If Badger plays tonight then maybe he and Chris can gun. I will sleep and you can use whatever weapon you wish.
I managed to trade 5 glitering scales for about 180 bone husk s so im good for ammo.
Hopefully see you later guys.
@Badger, you're probably still a better gunner than me even with a hang over. I also think we should def quit after 2 deaths unless we are posetive he is nearly dead and have plenty of health items left.
Sorry for writing an essay.

Edited on by RetroRich

RetroRich

Chris720

@Rich Well if Xtreme used his hammer, then we'd be able to stun him and throw all kinds of crap at his wings. I'm gonna spend a bit of time offline getting Wyvern Claws and Bone Husk S and shiz.

I should be online at about 7 or 8

YouTube

RetroRich

@Demon Send out your fishing fleet and use all the armor moursels and similar to trade for the items (I bet you knew that already - sorry). Also, as I said above, glittering scales from hunting a rath get you a fair haul too when you trade them in. I went out into Moga Woods twice, checked all the bone piles each time and only brough back 2 bone husk s. Screw that, trading is the way to go for these and the wyvern claws.

RetroRich

Nayr-WaR

I would only use the Devils Crush Hammer, Which is why I wanted to kill Jho a few times, but I can do that without you guys if you dont like Jho. I'll be back on at around 7 or 8 aswell.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.