Forums

Topic: 3DS Friend Codes

Posts 24,181 to 24,200 of 30,805

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

@Akashi it was great feature that was on the 3ds taken off. They should of limited who could use it and what not

They should've just left it as is and instead make parents actually do their job. This is what parental controls and supervision are for. That's my #1 problem with Nintendo. They always insist on playing the role of the parents. I'm 24, I don't appreciate being treated like a child.

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

3DS Friend Code: 1521-4850-2814 | Nintendo Network ID: 1MayoRice1 | Twitter:

HeroMaru

@MayoRice yep leave it to Nintendo to ruin a actually decent idea. I guess it make sense for them to do it sense we live in the era where you can sue for anything. They had to save their own butts

3DS Friend Code : 3926-5717-6066 I'm here i'm full time Gamer and part time anime viewer. I play my ps vita the most. But I also still play my 3ds 360, and ps3. Want to game some time? Hit me up. See you in the game world.

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

@MayoRice yep leave it to Nintendo to ruin a actually decent idea. I guess it make sense for them to do it sense we live in the era where you can sue for anything. They had to save their own butts

There's nothing to sue over though. The parents just aren't doing their job and utilizing the parental controls that have been on the system since day 1. That's not Nintendo's fault. Not to mention that every video game system comes with a messaging system so it's not like Nintendo is doing anything that every other system hasn't been doing for the past 8 years.

Edited on by MayoRice

PSN ID: P00_B3AR-O_O- (I own a Vita, PS3 and I'll be getting a PS4 towards the end of the year)

Akashi

Well they are not to blame since initially their target were kids

Currently playing Pokemon XY (my baby) AC:NL Bravely Default Pokemon ORAS

3DS Friend Code: 5386-9303-4110

fodaywater

@heromaru I challenged you dude, your message said busy
@akashi kumusta . Que hora among ? Sorry that is the extent of my tagalog.

fc: 0791-2584-5167
currently playinge
Mario kart 7
fire emblem
pokemon x
bravely default

MayoRice

Akashi wrote:

Well they are not to blame since initially their target were kids

Nintendo's goal is to be family friendly, and yes they are to blame. Parents are never going to learn if companies like Nintendo don't make them take responsibility. Not including stuff like voice chat, messaging, etc. is NOT a smart business decision.

Edited on by MayoRice

Lightningraichu

lemme add chu pplz for safari! ima Electric type of corse! c: get ready to find a Dedenne! heres my friend code ya'll! :3 : 3136 - 7732 - 8877

Lightningraichu

Akashi

@foday hindi ko alam ang que hora among :3 (I dont know what que hora among means) im pretty sure it's spanish c: and im fine thanks lol

@Mayo Well all Im trying to say is that parents wouldnt normally do anything about kids playing on their consoles, and as you said, wouldnt learn but in my opinion theyre just giving their child some alone type with the games okay? It's not something they would try to interfere with since tey dont even know how they work. Youre right about the business thing but yeah (Sorry for improper english)

Akashi

@Lightningraichu added c:

kishimi8

late to the 3ds land just got mine today add me up., 2079-7774-9183 engr kish

only the dead have seen the end of war

Twitter:

HeroMaru

@Mayorice well the world doesn't work that way people would still get away with a sue and complaints. Even if it isn't Nintendo fault. But reason to worry about it they won't bring it back. @Fodaywater I'm on now

3DS Friend Code : 3926-5717-6066 I'm here i'm full time Gamer and part time anime viewer. I play my ps vita the most. But I also still play my 3ds 360, and ps3. Want to game some time? Hit me up. See you in the game world.

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

@Mayorice well the world doesn't work that way people would still get away with a sue and complaints. Even if it isn't Nintendo fault. But reason to worry about it they won't bring it back. @Fodaywater I'm on now

But that's no reason they can't have a simple messaging system. Every other system has a messaging system so why can't Nintendo? The kids they're trying to "protect" are going on the internet and messaging strangers and playing online with them anyway.

HeroMaru

@Mayorice the only way they can do that without people getting around it thing are by having their own typed of words and sentences. Are you busy? Okay maybe later. Stuff like that since people always try to get around blocked words. But even if they did that they would have to have tons of words/ sentences to choose from. Hopefully way more than Toukiden Age of Demon that was horrible trying to communicate with people on lol

HeroMaru

Also Mayorice they know that. I was on that idea once. But when you go around advertising your system focus towards kids in general it has a bad look. I mean Don't get me wrong this issue is everywhere but not everyone is focus on kids( Sony, Xbox, and so on focus on hardcore gamers ). The only real way I can see them being able to do anything about it is changing their focus from kids to everyone. And we both know that won't happen.

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

Also Mayorice they know that. I was on that idea once. But when you go around advertising your system focus towards kids in general it has a bad look. I mean Don't get me wrong this issue is everywhere but not everyone is focus on kids( Sony, Xbox, and so on focus on hardcore gamers ). The only real way I can see them being able to do anything about it is changing their focus from kids to everyone. And we both know that won't happen.

They don't target kids though, they target everyone. They make family friendly games and they're rated E for everyone, not K for kids. Not to mention how difficult Nintendo games can be. LoZ, Donkey Kong, Mario, etc. definitely aren't a walk in the park.
Nintendo has been getting away with a lack of features because of nostalgia, great single player exclusives, and they excel at making good, cheap handhelds. However in today's day and age that's not going to be enough, at least not for their consoles. Wii was an exception, but all their other consoles have been selling less and less with each generation. They at least need to implement a proper messaging system and let us add people who we've recently played online with and most importantly, make parents do their job.
And no it wouldn't look bad. They have parental controls that can simply let parents restrict those features. It would look good if they actually made sensible decisions and stopped treating all of their customers like children.

Edited on by MayoRice

HeroMaru

@Mayorice lol they don't target kids that made me smile hard. That were most of their money comes in. Family system wii sure. Most of their games and advertisement aim towards kids. I don't blame them though that were the money is at. Seeing that most people don't do much with their kids not leaving them infront of a tv , computer, some type of devise. A lot of parents aren't going to do their jobs. The best you can do is kind say you are okay with Nintendo rules regardless if its fair or not. Believe me I took the Swapnote being removed to the heart. Wouldn't even have my 3ds if I could of gotten a good trade in deal. But I couldn't so I said screw it kept it. Who knows what else will be removed next. Family or Kids they still don't want those type of issues. Dont get me wrong their are games that are complex on Nintendo gaming devises even some considerable hardcore. But that not mainly the case not even 50% of the case.

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

@Mayorice lol they don't target kids that made me smile hard. That were most of their money comes in. Family system wii sure. Most of their games and advertisement aim towards kids. I don't blame them though that were the money is at. Seeing that most people don't do much with their kids not leaving them infront of a tv , computer, some type of devise. A lot of parents aren't going to do their jobs. The best you can do is kind say you are okay with Nintendo rules regardless if its fair or not. Believe me I took the Swapnote being removed to the heart. Wouldn't even have my 3ds if I could of gotten a good trade in deal. But I couldn't so I said screw it kept it. Who knows what else will be removed next. Family or Kids they still don't want those type of issues. Dont get me wrong their are games that are complex on Nintendo gaming devises even some considerable hardcore. But that not mainly the case not even 50% of the case.

They don't target kids specifically, they target everyone and that includes kids. There's no reason why an adult can't enjoy an E rated game. That's besides the point anyway. Nintendo treating all their customers like kids because they refuse to leave it up to the parents is not a smart business decision. Simple as that. Parents aren't taking responsibility because they aren't being forced to. There's no excuse not to include a messaging system when you have parental controls.

Edited on by MayoRice

HeroMaru

They save more by doing some of these decision. It effect people like you and I ,but they still profit at the end. As long as they keep having developers make unique games for their handheld/console. They will always put the kids first even if they try to image anything about family. That what it always seems to come down to. Better hope that game chat comes to these up coming games like it did for Pokemon X/Y. They will remove that stuff to I see some of the stuff people be posting on there . You know Nintendo will protect their rep at the end of the day. And they can be sued for it even if its not their fault. Companies and people been sued for less. While we are at it we mite as well say they all target everyone. Xbox/Sony

MayoRice

HeroMaru wrote:

They save more by doing some of these decision. It effect people like you and I ,but they still profit at the end. As long as they keep having developers make unique games for their handheld/console. They will always put the kids first even if they try to image anything about family. That what it always seems to come down to. Better hope that game chat comes to these up coming games like it did for Pokemon X/Y. They will remove that stuff to I see some of the stuff people be posting on there . You know Nintendo will protect their rep at the end of the day. And they can be sued for it even if its not their fault. Companies and people been sued for less. While we are at it we mite as well say they all target everyone. Xbox/Sony

1.) The cost of something so simple is not significant at all to Nintendo. 2.) Their rep is already damaged by removing Swapnote. That just reinforces the idea that Nintendo is for kids, which is bad for business. 3.) They can't be sued because there's nothing to sue over. Having a messaging system on a video game system which has parental controls on it is not illegal in any way, shape, or form.
So like I've said, there's no excuse for Nintendo to not include things like a messaging system when there's parental controls.

Edited on by MayoRice

HeroMaru

@Mayorice they can be sued just for being a liability. Doesn't matter if they didn't advertise people to use it any type of way. Most kids own their stuff and developers of Nintendo usually aim towards that. Family you say even for everyone. But when they do decisions like this they obviously show they aren't for everyone. Even I think it was a foolish decision because I know they can't prevent people from doing what they were doing on another devise, facebook, and ect. I also know they they would be in a loud of crap even though it wouldn't be fair. Don't forget we didn't always have a rating system for games. People kept complaining games were to violent, inappropriate, other issues. Do you honestly believe that a bunch of people ranting about what was going on swap would go well for them? Did you here about one of the people arrested for what he was pulling off with an 11 and 12 year old? No one wants a liability. I don't like how they handled it ,but it was honestly two choices they had. Screw over their fans or screw over themselves. Until they push towards a communication marketing and hardcore marketing I don't see this changing. I agree its not fair. Btw you can get sued for anything these days which is outrageous but the truth. Defense or not it will end up the same results. And it wasn't just the messages it was what people were drawing and typing to kids on there. If you want link to one of the incidents i'll message you it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic