Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 761 to 780 of 4,673

Lroy

Picked up AQUA KITTY UDX off the back of recommendations from @corneel @oorwullie @retrogamerandrew and others. You were all right. This game is tons of fun and really going to enjoy playing the arcade mode as part of the high-score challenge for this month’s set of games.

Also treated myself to the second Williams pinball tables pack DLC for PINBALL FX3. Love that game.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Bevinator

Just bought space ribbon for less than a quid as it’s on sale in the eshop.

I’ve spent more in an arcade in 2 minutes before now so I consider the game to be great value. The game has a few issues. But for under a quid what do you want?

Quite a fun racer for the money.

5/10 would recommend

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Heavyarms55

Steins;Gate Elite is finally downloading! I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. Shame I've gotta work in the morning...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

RR529

Won't get to play it until tomorrow, but I decided to try my first VN & buy Tokyo School Life (I should still have a few days before my copy of NSMBU Deluxe arrives, so I should be able to run through it before then).

I was waiting for a decent budget priced offering to try the genre out, but (other than Neko-Para, I suppose) the only ones the US eShop has gotten thus far are about a half dozen that feature the player in a female role being wooed by a group of male suitors, so I'm glad this one came over.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Lroy

Bought the ALIENS table pack dlc for PINBALL FX3 as well as THE WALKING DEAD table with Gold Coins and also ordered myself the physical version of STERN PINBALL (works out the cheapest way to get all eleven tables).

Update: also just bought the UNIVERSAL table pack. I’m addicted ha! ha!

Update again: also now the Bethesda tables dlc for PINBALL FX3 as they’re on sale currently. Less than a £5.

Edited on by Lroy

BruceCM

Dark Quest 2, Anthill & FFVII pre-load....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

RR529

Decided to get the Golf tonight (make fun all you want, lol).

Maybe because I've never really played a golf game before (other than the Wii Sports variant & the Mario Golf 3DS demo) it's taken me a bit to get used to the controls. I've been playing the first 3 holes over & over again, and am doing just a bit better each time as I get used to the game's nuances.

It definitely tries to ape the look & feel of Wii Sports' golf (though you can play it with traditional controls), albeit with a noticeably more budget presentation (there's this sort of shadow flickering/graininess in the textures that I've noticed in other titles like Ys VIII & Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders). Interestingly enough it's actually set at a "quality" image quality, and can be changed to a "smooth" option for I'm assuming a better framerate.

In terms of gameplay modes it has a sort of Free Play (which can be played with up to four players, locally only I assume, in 3-hole, 9-hole, and 18 hole games), a Tournament Mode which is the main single player component, and Hole-In-One Contest, which I haven't looked too much into yet.

All in all it's not terrible for $10, and after I use this to learn the game I want to pick up Everybody's Golf on PS4, and hopefully Nintendo drops a Mario Golf on Switch in the future as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GeeEmm

RE0 predownload. And no discount for the other titles unfortunately.

GeeEmm

Magician

deep breath

Battle Princess Madelyn, Burn Mantis Racing, Kunio-kun World Classic Collection, Capcom Belt Action Collection, Onimusha: Warlords, Anima: Gate of Memories, Sprintires: Mudrunner (50% off), Shanghai Refresh, Nightshade, My Girlfriend Is A Mermaid, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Stardew Valley, World of Final Fantasy, Funghi Explosion, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy.

sigh

Switch physical collection at 278 games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

Last night I bought Star Story ($1) and LEGO City Undercover ($15) on sale. LEGO had me laughing in minutes.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Thompy

Final Fantasy 9!

The option to speed up and turn off battles whenever you like is such a nice addition.

Thompy

Lroy

Added the JURASSIC PARK/WORLD dlc pack to my growing collection of tables in PINBALL FX3. Courtesy of an eShop voucher the Mrs. surprised me with this evening. Fighting off the flu, so was a nice pick me up.

Gonna put the remaining credit towards the Williams Volume 3 tables which drop on March 19th.

Grateful_Gamer

I've been thinking of finally getting a Switch since they are having a small discount with the Mario anniversary. It seems like they never have Switch hardware deals so I'm thinking this might be a good time. Since I made it this long, I was originally going to wait to see if a Switch Pro upgrade was going to come out, then I would jump on that. Should I get the Switch now, should I wait until E3 to see if any 'Pro' version is coming? I don't have any games that I am 'dying' to play so can wait and the discount isn't really that big... hmm any thoughts from others?

Grateful_Gamer

RDBC1983

FF VII pre-load.
Also gonna buy FF X, a lot of final fantasy in the next months

RDBC1983

NintendoByNature

Guacamelee super turbo championship edition since it was on sale

NintendoByNature

komodo182

I picked up Dungeon Village after playing the demo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

blaisedinsd

I just bought rocket league since I’m paying for switch online I thought I might as well get one of what is supposedly the funnest games the switch has to play online.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Lroy

Latest impulse buys include the PORTAL table for PINBALL FX3, think it cost me a couple of quid and some gold coins. Also took a punt on HYPER SENTINEL as the Demo was okay and at its 99p current sale price, nothing to lose.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic