Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 701 to 720 of 906

gcunit

CoolWarfareNerd wrote:

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

Nabbed Grim Fandango and loving it. These eShop sales are great!

Whaaaaaaat! I can't find it on sale in UK

I nabbed Crypt of the Necrodancer and Membrane for like £3.50 total last night. The former looks like I've grabbed a great bargain; the latter looks like a fun little pick up and play. Very happy with both.

EDIT: Wait I lied, it's on sale. Yassssssssss thanks!

Pretty sure I have this sitting unplayed in my Steam and Vita accounts... but one more can't hurt and I might actually play it this time.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lalivero

I just grabbed Super Volley Blast on sale(heard decently enough about it) and also grabbed Phantasy Star while I'm at it. O:

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Lroy

Latest incoming Switch games:

Have been gifted SEGA MEGA DRIVE CLASSICS and SNK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION for Xmas with CIVILIZATION VI still to come when we visit the other half of the family. Also got £15 eShop card. EDIT: make that £25 😜

I bought my son SUPER MARIO PARTY and STARLINK: BATTLE FOR ATLAS. He’s also got POKEMON: LET’S GO PIKACHU still to come from his Nan.

Merry Christmas, indeed. Can’t wait for the New Year and finding time to play them all.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

AxeltheBuizel

I managed to get Starlink for 70 dollars off its original price.

Alpha 2 is the best Street Fighter and that's a fact~

Mordridakon

After the disappointment that was Hunting Simulator, I nabbed Crash Bandicoot and Pool Panic off the sale and also bought Katamari Damacy as well. None of those are disappointments.

Mordridakon

Ralizah

@gcunit Legend has it that, although people often buy games from Steam, nobody ever actually plays them. They just sit unplayed in your digital library, silently judging you.

Ralizah

Mordridakon

@Ralizah This is true. Last july I bought like 20 point and clicks off the steam sale. I've played maybe 4 of them...

Mordridakon

scubydo

Mordridakon wrote:

After the disappointment that was Hunting Simulator, I nabbed Crash Bandicoot and Pool Panic off the sale and also bought Katamari Damacy as well. None of those are disappointments.

I have noticed many getting Katamari...I may look into this one.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

gcunit

@Ralizah Probably well over a year ago (more like 2 to 3), I setup a 'Completed' folder in my Steam library for games I'd beaten, went through my library of circa 200 games and put 3 of them into it, and that was to be the start of my new initiative to make progress on my Steam backlog. Since then... I've added 1 game to that folder.

Edited on by gcunit

GyroZeppeli

Just got Nefarious. From what I’ve seen, it’s really short but still a lot of fun. Definitely worth the ~$5 I paid for it.

@scubydo Katamari Reroll is a must-buy if you like weird games. It’s also the same price on physical and digital, though physical is a GS exclusive.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Illusion

Got Uno, Chess Ultra, and Death Road to Canada on sale with a $20 eshop card and gold points from Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu, and Civilization VI. So much to play 🤣

Edited on by Illusion

Illusion

Bevinator

Just bought octopath (40% off in eshop) and Civ 6 (20% off in eshop) absolute bargains! Can’t wait to play them both now. Love an eshop card for Christmas!

ZX Spectrum, Atari 2600
N64, Game Cube, Wii, Wii U, Switch
Gameboy, DS, 3DS
Xbox 360, Xbox one

My Nintendo: Bevinator

gcunit

Both my kids have been throwing up today, so as consolation I took advantage of an ebay 15% off voucher to snag Smash Ultimate.

Still the most I've ever paid for a single game, but I can't see it getting much cheaper for a while. And I've got vomit on me, so give me a ****ing break alright.

Ralizah

@gcunit I'm guessing you don't buy a lot of current gen Nintendo games, then? They don't really seem to sink in price very often.

Ralizah

Pluto14

I bought Grim Fandango: Remastered yesterday for a ~€3,-. From what I've played, everything looks really good, but the puzzles that I've done so far weren't that logical to me, so I already had to look online for help . But the writing is hilarious and adds a lot to the game, so I'm really happy with what I've bought!

Pluto14

SKTTR

Two retail games:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Nine eShop games:

Rock Boshers DX - Director's Cut
Aqua Kitty UDX
The Long Reach
Membrane
60 Seconds!
Crypt of the NecroDancer - Nintendo Switch Edition
Unholy Heights
GoNNER
Earthworms

And the freebies:

Warframe
Color Zen
InkyPen

backloggery.com/SKTTR

gcunit

@Ralizah I just tend to hold fire until I see a decent offer generally. I got BotW, ARMS, MK8D and Odyssey all Day 1 or close to but with significant money off somehow. Splatoon 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors I bought second hand.

I think they're the only Nintendo games I've bought for Switch. And Switch games are more expensive than Wii U/3DS games.

My ranking of most paid goes something like this:

1. Smash Ultimate - £42
2. MK8D - £37
3. Mario Odyssey - £37
4. FIFA 18 - £36
5. Breath of the Wild - £35

My purchases of Skyward Sword Limited Edition (Gold Wii Remote), Mario Kart 8 (t-shirt and download code for Wind Waker HD) and Bayonetta 2 Special Edition (Bayonetta 1 disc included) would all be above what I paid for BotW, but I don't count them because of the value of the additional items in each deal.

/boring breakdown of my gaming finances.

Ralizah

@gcunit Cool. Not sure how you accomplished that close to launch day, but more power to you!

Ralizah

Lroy

Had some eShop funds and gold coins and finally some free time to search the store, bought Arcade Archives Double Dragon II, Sega Ages Thunder Force IV, Letter Quest, Banner Saga and that Friday the 13th puzzle game. Most of these were significantly discounted too which was a nice bonus.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic