Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 581 to 600 of 631

Lroy

Received LEGO THE INCREDIBLES for my B’Day from my son. Nice touch as I had treated him to seeing it at the cinema earlier in the year. Plus, shows he is learning - buy people gifts you want to enjoy with them 😂

Also got some eShop credit and my first purchase with that was the Capcom Beat-Em-Up Bundle. Overjoyed that I get to play 7 classic Capcom arcade brawlers.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

subpopz

Rayman Legends. This is one I always meant to pick up on Wii U, never got around to it and eventually forgot about. Saw the Switch version on clearance at Wal*Mart, so I picked it up. Guess it paid to wait

Switch - Octopath Traveler, SNK Heroines, NES Online
3DS -
PC - Nier: Automata, Killer Instinct

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Introspect

Mario Tennis Aces. Having a lot of fun with it so far!

Introspect

Silly_G

Arcade Archives: Excitebike
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna (I'm really happy with how they have handled the physical release. I would not have bought the expansion pass otherwise)

And later this week:
FIFA 19 Champions Edition (mainly to support the fact that a Nintendo platform is finally getting a premium edition)
Namco Arcade Pac (I wanted both Namco Museum and the Pac-Man games in physical form, and it looks like it has been worth the wait)

I had my eye on Labyrinth of Refrain, but it seems to play almost exactly like Disgaea 5, which I wasn't impressed with (if I'm going to play a Fire Emblem-like game, I may as well play Fire Emblem), with ridiculously long cutscenes and unnecessary exposition. If the gameplay were more like Orcs and Elves at least, then I would have considered a purchase.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

superguy123

xenoblade 2 torna
twewy preorder
mario party preorder

last i bought before this was cosmic star heroine on launch date

superguy123

Ralizah

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Season Pass.

I wanted to resist, but Torna just sounds so good. I need this game in my life.

Also got Senran Kagura Reflexions. Not worth the $10 I paid for it, honestly. It's my second worst purchase on the system after Toki Tori 2+.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

An4rchyR4ge

Hello all, im new to this board (literally joined an hour ago) my latest purchase was Victor Vran....im wetting my appitite until Diablo 3 comes to the switch even though I have already plowed hundreds of hours into the xbox one and pc version but the switch is the perfect place for a Diablo game.....Im now debating whe to buy Into the Breach, im on the fench as the price seems a little steep.

When there is no more room in hell.......the dead shall walk the earth...........................!!

Scrummer

I just pre-ordered Ultimate Chicken Horse, and with the leftover money I bought Super Mario World, and it's exactly what I expected, Which is a fun Mario platformer on the SNES.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Magician

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Gianna Sisters

Switch Physical Collection - 181 games (as of October 22nd, 2018)
Currently playing: TWEWY (Switch) Final Fantasy III (PSP) Fantasy Life (3DS)

gcunit

Magician wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Gianna Sisters

It's 'Giana Sisters'. Your predictive text must be too used to you typing Gianna...

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

A few snicks in the sales...

Untitled

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SigourneyBeaver

Valkyria Chronicles 4 and SNK Heroines.

Sigourney Beaver.

Lroy

FIFA '19 just dropped through the letter box. Oh yes! Here comes another 300 hrs of footie fun.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀|
Retro Gamer

RR529

Got this little beauty in the mail yesterday. A little disappointing that I couldn't carry over my demo progress, but it's addicting as heck.

Untitled
Dragon Quest Builders

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Magician

Dragonball FighterZ
Namco Museum Arcade PAC

LetsGoSwitch

1-2 Switch, the worst switch game in existence XD Just Joking, I got that on day 1. In fact, I got Splatoon 2

LetsGoSwitch

JasmineDragon

I finally admitted that I have a problem. My problem is that I will never, ever finish Breath of the Wild without some help. I'm sorry, I absolutely suck at three-dimensional puzzles. They do my head in. Anyway, I broke down and bought the deluxe guide to the game. And yesterday I went back to the game and finally got through Vah Rudania, which is where I gave up on the game approximately six months ago. In my defense, I only had to refer to the walkthrough twice, and I beat Fireblight Ganon on my own (his tell is pretty obvious, actually, and he was so much easier than that freak Thunderblight Ganon).

I plan to try and get through the game on my own as much as I can. I usually do okay in these games, the only thing that's really killed me in BOTW is those damn divine beasts.

The book is nice, but not as cool as the other Zelda books I own. I have the Majora's Mask deluxe guide and Hyrule Historia, both really pretty faux-leatherbound books that this one doesn't really match. And the text is MICROSCOPIC, a major pet peeve now that I'm getting older. Still, nice to have, and maybe now I'll actually finish the game.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SKTTR

I bought some physical games

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country
Beat it in 41 hours, completed 99% of it (final endgame sidequest with 4 golden beasts is still too hard and I need a bit to grind or do a NG+ run). Overall it was very good. The battles are more flexible and the new combo system makes combat sweet and fast from the get-go. I feel like it was too short, having spent 370 hours each on Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade X, but I will definately replay it.

2. Vostok Inc.
Spent 50 hours on this addicting and endless game. It got grindy and repeptitive in the end but I still want to get all the achievements of there are 600. A fun twinstick shooter with plenty of stuff to do. Check out the demo in the eShop!

3. Flipping Death
I haven't played much yet, but it was a bit disappointing. In the first hour or so I came across a number of issues. Subtitles that disappear too fast, bad hookshot controls, a black screen so I needed to reboot the game, graphics clipping through everything everywhere, the game explains some functions and leaves other more important ones out completely, and long loading times. What the hell happened? I even updated the game before I started it. I loved the first game, Stick it to the Man!, a silly and funny quality adventure for Wii U (and Switch) that costs 7,99€. Flipping Death for 39,99€ though, well the first hour wasn't great so far. It seems to have lots of potential for funny moments and interesting puzzles though.

4. Lumo
Bought this and beat it on the afternoon. I love it's many retro touches. I never had a ZX Spectrum, but I know many of the references from the C64. I found Nebulus, Q-Bert, Marble Madness, and many other throwbacks. Most of the game was fun exploring, platforming and puzzling and a good challenge. Basically a 3D-metroidvania, much like a topdown (isometric) Zelda that takes place in a dungeon with 14 floors. Unfortunately there are points of no return so getting 100% is unnecessarily frustrating.

5. SteamWorld Dig 2
Was about time to dig into this one as well. I did hesitate because the first game was a bit short. This has the same gameplay, is a continuation of the story with a new main character. It seems much bigger than the first game, and the hookshot is a godsend that does away with the ladders of Dig 1. Other upgrades you get early on are equally handy. No more long grinds and struggling climbs. It seems even more suited for speedrunning than the first game, though I will take my time digging away at every corner to find all the loot and secrets.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

FaeKnight

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a few days ago, but not devoted as much time to it as that game kind of deserves. It was more something I wanted that would also provide a new game to play until Super Mario Party arrived on the 8th.

Speaking of which, yeah I bought a physical copy of Super Mario Party as well. And have been having a blast playing that the last two days.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Magician

The physical collection continues to grow.

Just put preorders down for Psikyo Collection Vol. 2 and Yomawari: The Long Night Collection.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic