Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 561 to 580 of 4,634

SigourneyBeaver

Valkyria Chronicles 4 and SNK Heroines.

Sigourney Beaver.

Lroy

FIFA '19 just dropped through the letter box. Oh yes! Here comes another 300 hrs of footie fun.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

RR529

Got this little beauty in the mail yesterday. A little disappointing that I couldn't carry over my demo progress, but it's addicting as heck.

Untitled
Dragon Quest Builders

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Dragonball FighterZ
Namco Museum Arcade PAC

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Laoak

1-2 Switch, the worst switch game in existence XD Just Joking, I got that on day 1. In fact, I got Splatoon 2

{funny quote here}

JasmineDragon

I finally admitted that I have a problem. My problem is that I will never, ever finish Breath of the Wild without some help. I'm sorry, I absolutely suck at three-dimensional puzzles. They do my head in. Anyway, I broke down and bought the deluxe guide to the game. And yesterday I went back to the game and finally got through Vah Rudania, which is where I gave up on the game approximately six months ago. In my defense, I only had to refer to the walkthrough twice, and I beat Fireblight Ganon on my own (his tell is pretty obvious, actually, and he was so much easier than that freak Thunderblight Ganon).

I plan to try and get through the game on my own as much as I can. I usually do okay in these games, the only thing that's really killed me in BOTW is those damn divine beasts.

The book is nice, but not as cool as the other Zelda books I own. I have the Majora's Mask deluxe guide and Hyrule Historia, both really pretty faux-leatherbound books that this one doesn't really match. And the text is MICROSCOPIC, a major pet peeve now that I'm getting older. Still, nice to have, and maybe now I'll actually finish the game.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SKTTR

I bought some physical games

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country
Beat it in 41 hours, completed 99% of it (final endgame sidequest with 4 golden beasts is still too hard and I need a bit to grind or do a NG+ run). Overall it was very good. The battles are more flexible and the new combo system makes combat sweet and fast from the get-go. I feel like it was too short, having spent 370 hours each on Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade X, but I will definately replay it.

2. Vostok Inc.
Spent 50 hours on this addicting and endless game. It got grindy and repeptitive in the end but I still want to get all the achievements of there are 600. A fun twinstick shooter with plenty of stuff to do. Check out the demo in the eShop!

3. Flipping Death
I haven't played much yet, but it was a bit disappointing. In the first hour or so I came across a number of issues. Subtitles that disappear too fast, bad hookshot controls, a black screen so I needed to reboot the game, graphics clipping through everything everywhere, the game explains some functions and leaves other more important ones out completely, and long loading times. What the hell happened? I even updated the game before I started it. I loved the first game, Stick it to the Man!, a silly and funny quality adventure for Wii U (and Switch) that costs 7,99€. Flipping Death for 39,99€ though, well the first hour wasn't great so far. It seems to have lots of potential for funny moments and interesting puzzles though.

4. Lumo
Bought this and beat it on the afternoon. I love it's many retro touches. I never had a ZX Spectrum, but I know many of the references from the C64. I found Nebulus, Q-Bert, Marble Madness, and many other throwbacks. Most of the game was fun exploring, platforming and puzzling and a good challenge. Basically a 3D-metroidvania, much like a topdown (isometric) Zelda that takes place in a dungeon with 14 floors. Unfortunately there are points of no return so getting 100% is unnecessarily frustrating.

5. SteamWorld Dig 2
Was about time to dig into this one as well. I did hesitate because the first game was a bit short. This has the same gameplay, is a continuation of the story with a new main character. It seems much bigger than the first game, and the hookshot is a godsend that does away with the ladders of Dig 1. Other upgrades you get early on are equally handy. No more long grinds and struggling climbs. It seems even more suited for speedrunning than the first game, though I will take my time digging away at every corner to find all the loot and secrets.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FaeKnight

I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a few days ago, but not devoted as much time to it as that game kind of deserves. It was more something I wanted that would also provide a new game to play until Super Mario Party arrived on the 8th.

Speaking of which, yeah I bought a physical copy of Super Mario Party as well. And have been having a blast playing that the last two days.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Magician

The physical collection continues to grow.

Just put preorders down for Psikyo Collection Vol. 2 and Yomawari: The Long Night Collection.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Heavyarms55

I preordered Valkyria Chronicles 4, Disgaea 1 Complete and The World ends with you Final Remix all that the same time. That brings my physical game total up to 26 on the Switch. It accounts for slightly more than half my collection.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

SalviPapi

I just got the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle and I have to say for someone who has never played a beat-em-up game it has been very fun so far!

Peace, Love, & Positivity

Switch Friend Code: SW-0696-2316-9892 | Twitter:

Magician

I was in a local mom'n'pop game store and was shocked to see a physical copy State of Mind.

Saved me the trouble of importing the game.

SigourneyBeaver

Recently got VC4, The X2 expansion and TWEWY.

Sigourney Beaver.

FaeKnight

Latest buy for me as of right now (and holy crap I just spent almost $200) is Skyrim (physical copy), a 128 gig micro SDXC U3 card, and a pair of grey joy con. That way I can do up to 4 players locally in Mario Kart or Super Mario Party. Oh, and cause my current micro SD card is almost full. They should be here on the 17th. It'll be interesting to see how Skyrim plays using motion controls.

FaeKnight

Quarth

I’ve just ordered Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. Got it for 27.71$.

And on Friday, I will be getting Dark Souls.

Oh, and I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna last week!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

FaeKnight

I gotta wait until the new micro SD card arrives before I can even consider getting the XC2 season pass. I only have about 5 gigs left on the current card.

FaeKnight

Lroy

Latest Switch purchase was the Williams - Volume 1 Pinball Tables DLC Pack for PINBALL FX 3. £8.99 for three tables.

Medievil Madness / Getaway / JunkYard

These Williams tables have been very highly recommended by those keen Pinball enthusiasts and they have praised Zen for their surprising realism in simulating these real-life tables.

EDIT: Oh and I totally forgot, I also bought the Surf and Turf DLC for OVERCOOKED! 2. Think it was £4 approx. Used gold coins.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

FaeKnight

Zen does know their pinball tables. Sure some of their earliest ones feel like those cheep toy pinball tables you could buy in the 80's and 90's at Toys R Us. And the more recent ones like to have special modes that aren't actually possible in real life. But for the most part their tables are very realistic.

FaeKnight

WesEds

Picked up bayonetta 1+2 and Donkey Kong tropical freeze,

Played Bayonetta loads on the 360 so really wanted to play the second and I’ve never played a DK game and only heard good things about it.

WesEds

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic