Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 541 to 560 of 4,636

gcunit

And the 12th game to enter my Switch physical collection is...

Untitled

My third builder, behind LEGO Worlds and Portal Knights. Love them all, just need to play them more.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FaeKnight

I've been considering getting DQ Builders. I have Minecraft (on XB360), which is nice. And Lego Worlds (on XB1) which is okay, but more of a mindless time waster then something I play for fun. It should have been fun, by all rights it should have been a blast. But... it's kind of boring? And the building mechanics are rather clunky.

What's DQ Builders like?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

FaeKnight wrote:

I've been considering getting DQ Builders. I have Minecraft (on XB360), which is nice. And Lego Worlds (on XB1) which is okay, but more of a mindless time waster then something I play for fun. It should have been fun, by all rights it should have been a blast. But... it's kind of boring? And the building mechanics are rather clunky.

What's DQ Builders like?

DQ Builders is a lot of fun, blending RPG and builder very nicely. I'm not a big fan of sandbox builders but a little structure helps keep it entertaining. Some people don't like that you have to start all over in a new land for each level, but you can still go back to the towns you've built if you want to just play around with them. There is also a sandbox mode that opens up after you complete the first chapter.

Both of my kids like the game, too. My youngest basically plays it like Minecraft, still stuck in the first land but just building like crazy, while my older daughter and I are both in the third land now, mostly focused on the quest aspect of the game.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

FaeKnight

Interesting.

Oh, just got Gate of Doom. Which apparently just hit the eshop today, not that I'd realized that while browsing the Arcade Archive titles for an $8 game.

EDIT: Dag nabbit Nintendo, stop doing this to me! I can't afford to be buying a bunch of games every month... You've already talked me out of $60 for Super Mario Party next month (physical copy is preordered from Gamestop). So why did you have to keep telling me about all these exciting games coming out now, soon, or this year?! You managed to convince me to pick up Splatoon 2, which I was still on the fence about due to not liking multiplayer vs.

Course, I wont be able to afford the Octopath expansion till January or so, but them's the breaks.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Mordridakon

Spider Solitaire F... I'm serious.

Mordridakon

FX102A

Bought a copy of Dead Cells I found for sale in Malta when on holiday. Highly addicting, and I’m not really a rogue-lite person. Kinda do wish there were some form of save points that allow for continuation further forward.

FX102A

farrow000

Preordered the Smash bros ultimate steelbook from Game UK

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

RR529

Senran Kagura: Reflextions, which'll be my first foray into the visual novel genre (unless Ace Attorney counts, as I played the Miles Edgeworth one back on DS).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

phr0z3n

I bought Octopath Traveler and Bayonetta 2 last week.

Octopath Traveler is really fun; I started out as a scholar. His story, or at least chapter 1, seems interesting so far. I'm really digging the old-school style graphics.

phr0z3n

Ryu_Niiyama

Torna expansion

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Lroy

Received LEGO THE INCREDIBLES for my B’Day from my son. Nice touch as I had treated him to seeing it at the cinema earlier in the year. Plus, shows he is learning - buy people gifts you want to enjoy with them 😂

Also got some eShop credit and my first purchase with that was the Capcom Beat-Em-Up Bundle. Overjoyed that I get to play 7 classic Capcom arcade brawlers.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Introspect

Mario Tennis Aces. Having a lot of fun with it so far!

Introspect

Sisilly_G

Arcade Archives: Excitebike
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna (I'm really happy with how they have handled the physical release. I would not have bought the expansion pass otherwise)

And later this week:
FIFA 19 Champions Edition (mainly to support the fact that a Nintendo platform is finally getting a premium edition)
Namco Arcade Pac (I wanted both Namco Museum and the Pac-Man games in physical form, and it looks like it has been worth the wait)

I had my eye on Labyrinth of Refrain, but it seems to play almost exactly like Disgaea 5, which I wasn't impressed with (if I'm going to play a Fire Emblem-like game, I may as well play Fire Emblem), with ridiculously long cutscenes and unnecessary exposition. If the gameplay were more like Orcs and Elves at least, then I would have considered a purchase.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

superguy123

xenoblade 2 torna
twewy preorder
mario party preorder

last i bought before this was cosmic star heroine on launch date

superguy123

Ralizah

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Season Pass.

I wanted to resist, but Torna just sounds so good. I need this game in my life.

Also got Senran Kagura Reflexions. Not worth the $10 I paid for it, honestly. It's my second worst purchase on the system after Toki Tori 2+.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

An4rchyR4ge

Hello all, im new to this board (literally joined an hour ago) my latest purchase was Victor Vran....im wetting my appitite until Diablo 3 comes to the switch even though I have already plowed hundreds of hours into the xbox one and pc version but the switch is the perfect place for a Diablo game.....Im now debating whe to buy Into the Breach, im on the fench as the price seems a little steep.

When there is no more room in hell.......the dead shall walk the earth...........................!!

Scrummer

I just pre-ordered Ultimate Chicken Horse, and with the leftover money I bought Super Mario World, and it's exactly what I expected, Which is a fun Mario platformer on the SNES.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Magician

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Gianna Sisters

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

Magician wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Gianna Sisters

It's 'Giana Sisters'. Your predictive text must be too used to you typing Gianna...

gcunit

A few snicks in the sales...

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic