Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 481 to 500 of 4,655

Arr-Gee

Morphies Law, Bad North, Prison Architect. I also got Hollow Knight for $6

Arr-Gee

EvilLucario

Double-dipped on Sonic Mania Plus for that physical release.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Hollow Knight.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Farmboy74

@ReaderRagfish, I pre ordered Monster Hunter on Wednesday through thegamecollection needless to say was very surprised it arrived today since it's not officially released til Tuesday

Farmboy74

SilverEdge92

Dragonball Xenoverse 2, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, and The Walking Dead: The Final Season. And I plan on downloading Realpolitiks: New Power when it releases.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

JoakimZ

So I bought All-Star Fruit Racing yesterday... I like kart racing games, and I am looking forward to Sonic Team Racing and Nickelodeon Kart Racers later this year. So I thought, ”why not buy that other kart racing game that was released earlier this year, could be fun to play them all and compare and stuff!”

Of course I didn’t expect Mario Kart levels of quality, but this game is nearly unplayable!
The load times takes forever, the framerate actually makes my eyes hurt, the controls are not good, the tracks are boring, the design and graphics are so ugly, the weapon system is bad... and just when I completed my first cup, the game crashed.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone buying this game, not even on sale.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Deku-Scrub

I got Hollow Knight on sale a few days ago, and dang, it is a steal for about $10.

The thing that stings the most about this game though is dying on the way to retrieving my shadow that has all my stuff... Still a great game though.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Dogorilla

Just pre-ordered the Switch version of De Blob 2 as I never got round to buying it on Wii. I wonder if they could be working on a third game now that they've ported the first two to Switch.

I think I'm also gonna buy Hollow Knight today while it's on sale. I wouldn't have had a problem with paying full price for it due to its quality and length but I hadn't bought it yet so I think this sale will tip me over the edge.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

RR529

Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders - It's a pretty good Ace Combat alternative for the price.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FaeKnight

Deku-Scrub wrote:

I got Hollow Knight on sale a few days ago, and dang, it is a steal for about $10.

The thing that stings the most about this game though is dying on the way to retrieving my shadow that has all my stuff... Still a great game though.

Eh, I haven't had that problem... yet. Dying far too many times in a row before I could finally defeat Hornet the first time, aye. That was getting a tad frustrating. Finally I said "Heck with this", slotted the Stalwart charm, and tried just eating a hit to create an opening for a flurry of attacks during my invincibility frames. That... Actually worked out pretty well. I'd end up taking 3 hits, fully refilling my Soul orb, and be able to fully heal while she's down on one knee.

Still had to dodge some of her attacks though.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

JoakimZ

@ReaderRagfish yeah, you could say that
But it’s actually more like a rotten Durian...

JoakimZ

HobbitGamer

I grabbed BulbBoy over the weekend, It was so much fun. A point-n-click with a Limbo style is the best way to describe it. Very charming, very funny, definitely worth the $3 sale price!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Sisilly_G

My purchases have finally arrived from Play-Asia...

Resident Evil: Revelations (Japanese release; as Biohazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition)
Same content internationally. Standard English icon appears on home menu screen. I wanted to buy the U.S. version just so that I could have the English-language artwork, but I wouldn't be able to use the code for Revelations 2 without creating a U.S. account, plus I really didn't want to support Capcom any more than I am with such a release (I would have bought Revelations 2 at full price in the form of a complete cartridge otherwise). I have already bought Revelations 2 on my main Australian account with all of my gold coins (I did not spend any real-world currency on it, and I certainly would not have bought it otherwise), so I saw no need to spend the AU$20 for the U.S. package.

Rock Man X Anniversary Collection (standalone release)
Interface has full English support, but the home screen icon is in Japanese regardless of system language. Both Japanese and U.S. ROMs are included.

Rock Man X Anniversary Collection 2
See above.

Ōkami
A combination of Mega Man/Rock Man treatment coupled with Resident Evil: Revelations' English support. The opening health warning is in Japanese (as is the Switch menu icon), but everything else contains English support, including the game proper. Worth an import for those in any doubt, and it's pretty damn cheap, priced at the lowest tier for retail Switch games (AU$40).

Hello Kitty Kruisers and Sanrio Friends (European version)
I bought this for young ones to play (hence why I also have titles such as Just Dance and the like in my collection). It's pretty lacking in content and personality, and virtually everything can be unlocked in about an hour or so. Considering Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's very accessible smart steering and auto-acceleration options that not only accommodate very young and inexperienced players, but also players with disabilities or other handicaps, Kruisers is tough to recommend to all but only the most ardent of Hello Kitty enthusiasts.

Fun! Fun! Animal Park (Japanese release; as Waku! Waku! Doubutsu Land)
This one is an unusual case. I downloaded the demo as soon as it went online in the Japanese eShop as I have had this on my radar for little ones to play, and to my surprise, it has full English support. The cartridge release is no exception. I wouldn't expect this to be released outside of Asia (I predict that if it is released in the West that it will only be released as an eShop exclusive, particularly given the rather unusual choice of title). My primary disappointment with this is that it only supports 2 players. For those who are unaware, this game is basically a party game that contains a number of motion-controlled activities involving exotic animals. The English voiceovers are intolerably annoying, but young children are likely to be delighted.

I also have Night Trap, Mutant Mudds Collection, and West of Loathing ordered from Limited Run and Super Rare Games.

EDIT: I was mistaken about the English versions of the Mega Man ROMs not being included.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

DownRightSam

I bought hollow knight and Salt and Sanctuary . Oh my god, salt and sanctuary is sublime. It's freaking amazing. Gonna beat it before moving to hollow knight

DownRightSam

Magician

I'm not happy about Amazon ending their prime discount program. They're a business, I understand why they're doing it. However, if you're not offering a consistent reward program then why would I continue to give you my business, Amazon? So, whomever is working behind the counter at my local Gamestop today is going to have an interesting day, because I'm transitioning a majority of my preorders from Amazon to Gamestop (which is more than a couple games).

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoakimZ

I bought Ys VIII and Wolfenstein 2 a few days ago. I’ve played a couple of hours of Wolf 2, and wow, Panic Button has really done an impressive job with this one. Getting such a technically demaning game working this good on a portable system is quite an achievement. I’m so happy they will also make the Switch port of Doom Eternal, and I hope they will bring Wolfenstein Youngblood (and Freedom Chronicles, maybe as a standalone release?) to the Switch as well.
I should be recieving Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate in the mail today, so I’ll probably Switch back and forth between that and Wolf 2 for a while. Good times!

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

Ralizah

Just bought the two Mega Man Legacy Collections from the eshop once the sale went live. All of the mainline Mega Man games for a little over $26 is a pretty good deal, I think.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

judaspete

Do pre-orders count? I pre-ordered Smash before the Prime discount went away.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Ryu_Niiyama

The Messenger. I know many consider shovel knight the best throwback game but I have been having an absolute blast with this game. Also the shopkeeper is hilarious.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BenGrimm

Hollow knight, an amazing game. Seems like a steal considering the price.

BenGrimm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic