Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 361 to 380 of 4,673

Magician

Decided to get Party Planet (a Gamestop exclusive) before it becomes harder to get and added Lego Worlds ($20, 50% off) while I was there. I'm still waiting for a handful of games, I have little or no interest in playing, to hit that sale price of $20 or less before I add them to the collection. Battle Crashers, Farming Simulator, Hello Kitty Kruisers, etc. I'm hoping Amazon Prime Day tomorrow will fill in these gaps in the collection.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tiefseemiez

Bought Captain Toad a second time after not having finished it on Wii U (not even halfway).
It is just too cute and unique. And the music!
I think playing it handheld will make it easier for me to finish this time.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

gcunit

@Tiefseemiez I hate to break it to you now that you've spent all that money, but the Wii U version could also be played handheld.

Please... take a moment if you need, I imagine this must come as quite a shock to you to only find this out now. But you see, Wii U came with a gamepad that had a screen, streaming the display from the console. It actually worked quite well. Perhaps you should revisit the rest of your Wii U library to see how else it was integrated. Mario Kart 8 it gave you a freakin' horn ffs - I can't believe you've been living all this time without that horn in your life.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tiefseemiez

@gcunit

Oh wow! You are so right! Never thought about this!
I could have easily taken my Wii U with me for my ride to work or to play at the doctor's waiting room!
Thank you for bringing that up!

HobbitGamer

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@gcunit

Oh wow! You are so right! Never thought about this!
I could have easily taken my Wii U with me for my ride to work or to play at the doctor's waiting room!
Thank you for bringing that up!

I heart you.

@gcunit I'm hoping you knew exactly what @Tiefseemiez meant.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

I got Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles last Sunday.
So far so good, i have played for more than 3 hours for first play.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Magician

Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded LE from NIS America.

They're one of my favourite publishers on the Switch, so I'm compelled to purchase each LE they release for the platform. Regardless of the genre of the game. Their releases have been mostly good or great. Sans The Longest Five Minutes (too generic) and Touhou Kabuto V (go play ARMS instead).

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Switchnado

@Anti-Matter Just wanted to say, that Switch looks beautiful. As for Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, how are you liking it? Recently gotten a switch, and besides the obvious super popular mainstream games, I'm looking to dump some serious hours into a single-player game. Would you recommend it?

Nickname: Dahron
~~~RockingTheSwitch~~~
Always looking for new friends so drop a add when ya can.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8245-0023-7921

Anti-Matter

RockingTheSwitch wrote:

@Anti-Matter Just wanted to say, that Switch looks beautiful. As for Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, how are you liking it? Recently gotten a switch, and besides the obvious super popular mainstream games, I'm looking to dump some serious hours into a single-player game. Would you recommend it?

Thanks for the compliment.
I appreciate it.
About Yonder, well... before i got the Switch version, i have the PS4 version first.
But.... i didn't play so long due to lost my hype quickly for some reason.
Until one day i heard the Switch version was available and also in Physical release, it ressurected my Hype to play it seriously.

Now, after i got the Switch version, i completely "Eliminated" the PS4 version (Stop playing the PS4 version) since i like the game on Nintendo Switch rather than on PS4.

So far, i can tell the game was like Adventure version of Harvest Moon with Zelda BOTW Open World style. There was a Farming (But you don't need to water them, and you still can harvest them once got matured), Fishing (You can move your fishing bait directly to lure a fish. You can see the fish shadow like Animal Crossing, but you have to pull it quickly by tapping A button while you press corresponded Left Analog to pull the fish), Foraging (Collecting plants, Smashing rocks, Cutting grass, Chopping woods, Mining ores), Helping villagers (Do their request, hire them to work at your farm, etc) & Building your farm (You can customize the location of Barn, Farming soil, Tree soil, Fodder place, etc like Harvest Moon A New Beginning 3DS). You can befriend with Villagers / Animals by give them favorite things (For Villagers, they need food either raw or cooked to fulfill Friendship level in %. You can see the % after you gave them something and you can keep give them like Harvest Moon Back to Nature).

Getting money here was very Different.
Yonder using Trading system instead of Classic Buy & Sell method.
To "buy" the items from traders, you must Trade them with some items that its price are at least Equal or Higher from things you "buy" from traders.
Example: You buy an item cost ¥100 (They use Somewhat like Yen currency symbol) and you have to trade with one or many items that if accumulated MUST be at least ¥100 or higher (¥ 101 /120/ etc). You can see a Red text of "No Deal" if your offer below than the things you buy. If already equal or higher, the command of "Trade" will appear and you can do Trading.

Time and Date system were pretty much like Harvest Moon (1 minutes there was faster than 1 second in Real Life), so Day and Night cycle was very fast. And about the date, even you didn't play the game, the date will keep continue, so don't be surprised if last time you played on Spring year 1 & suddenly already Autumn if you don't play the game for very long time. But i think it will not harm anything, it reminded me for one Japanese NDS game with title Post Pet DS which has same Date system as Yonder.

I recommend Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles due to Peaceful games (No Violence 100% there because Yonder is NOT a Combat RPG games like Zelda / Rune Factory) like Animal Crossing + Harvest Moon. Also, you can Save the game anytime (Press + button, choose Save, Done, you can quit). Your job in Yonder is search for missing spirits to uncover the Murks on the Big Island you live at the same time you help the villagers do their favor.

Anti-Matter

Lroy

Bought the season pass DLC for MARIO + RABBIDS: KINGDOM BATTLE. Looking forward to getting started on the DK Adventure.

Also bought SUPER DESTRONAUT DX or whatever that cheap £4 SPACE INVADERS inspired game is called ☺️

Also bought CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER... but for 3DS. Already own and beat the game on Wii U. Plays really nicely on 3DS and wanted to support 3D-supported games on that handheld.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Ryu_Niiyama

Octopath, Blazblue, Sushi Striker and a 400GB card. Didn't really mean to buy this much...but my family has turned into a circus over the death of a family member and I bought more games than intended out of stress. lol. UGH.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Troll and I for $10 shipped.

I know, I overpaid, but I wanted a copy for the sake of the collection.

ValhallaOutcast

@Magician in order to have a large collection of any consoles games you will be forced into buying at least a few bad ones

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Anti-Matter

@Magician
Honestly, as a Collector, Nintendo Switch cover box (Sideway) is the most boring looking than other Nintendo cover boxes.
(Just Red color + Generic fonts on the sideway)
Take a look NDS, 3DS, Wii U from sideway. At least they look beautiful.

Anti-Matter

FragRed

Octopath Traveler and Ys VIII, the latter is on the way today.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Lethal

gcunit wrote:

@Tiefseemiez I hate to break it to you now that you've spent all that money, but the Wii U version could also be played handheld.

He said playing it in handeld will make it easier for him to finish this time...... Clearly it has nothing to do with playing on his lap vs his TV. Clearly he meant having the ability to play it on the go so he can actually find time to finish the game.

Well, I thought it was pretty clear.

Tiefseemiez wrote:

I think playing it handheld will make it easier for me to finish this time.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Tiefseemiez

@Lethal
Thank you, but I am a "she".
I got to admit my profile picture doesn't make it too easy to determine and my name either unless you speak German. Also on a gaming site there still are probably more guys than girls around. ;-]

EvilLucario

Picked up Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy for $28 from a deal on Newegg. That's gonna be fun!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Lethal

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@Lethal
Thank you, but I am a "she".
I got to admit my profile picture doesn't make it too easy to determine and my name either unless you speak German. Also on a gaming site there still are probably more guys than girls around. ;-]

Entschuldigen Sie

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Lroy

SINE MORA EX. At 60% off I had to bite.

Also CITY CONNECTION the latest Arcade Archives release from Hamster.

EDIT: Also made use of some gold coins and redeemed them for Arcade Archives DONKEY KONG.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic