Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 281 to 300 of 4,655

Lroy

@ValhallaOutcast If you stick your head into the Switch Arcade Community thread on here and ask, I'm sure a few of the guys have gone down the route of using adapters for their PS4 sticks. They can advise on performance/lag etc.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Whalehome

Just got Fractured But Whole on Switch after it dipped on discount at Best Buy!

Whalehome

Lroy

Spent the last remaining pounds of my work bonus on FOOTBALL MANAGER TOUCH 2018. Been desiring it ever since it launched. Finally took the plunge. Been quite an unexpected spending spree.

Must now try my utmost to close the purse springs, even if 'must-buys' like IKARUGA and BANNER SAGA are incoming, otherwise this is getting beyond ridiculously expensive.

Aside from my pre-orders already placed for STREET FIGHTER ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION (due May 29th), OctoExpansion for my son/wife Switch due this summer, SNK ARCADE CLASSICS (due Sept as a birthday gift) and one more pre-order possibly for MARIO TENNIS ACES (due in June), I'm going to have to put any other games I'm interested in on the long term wishlist. There's always Birthdays and Xmas after all 😜

Just so many games already out, coming out or no doubt about to be announced that I would like. The Switch is a dream machine.

Krull

I've caved and bought Kirby Star Allies. I'm still not entirely convinced by the demo, but my kids LOVED it. I would have bought Tropical Freeze if it were just a game for me, but there's no way my youngest would have got her head around it. So Kirby it is. Quite looking forward to it, now that I've actually got it.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Lroy

@Krull My son is loving KIRBY STAR ALLIES having recently bought it for him for his b'day. He has completed the main game already and is still playing it.

Edited on by Lroy

Krull

@Lroy That's really good to hear! I've struggled to find games that a four-year-old and seven-year-old can enjoy together, so the Kirby system is perfect. The four-year-old is in her own little world as one of the buddies, while the older one moves the game on.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Lroy

@Krull My boy just turned 7. He has really enjoyed SKYLANDERS IMAGINATORS (that has drop-in/drop-out local co-op, so could be ideal for your little one to play with him or yourself).

Others he has put a lot of time into are MARIO ODYSSEY again, this has a (mild) co-op option as well as Assist Mode. So great for kids. SPLATOON 2 is another favourite, MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (stick on the steering assist and your little one could keep up with him or both of them can stay on track with you).

Erm. What else? ROCKET LEAGUE, SNIPPER CLIPS, ARMS he has played and enjoyed. He also got right into MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLE which amazed me as it is a much slower and tactical game.

As I'm sure you know, pays to just give them a taste of different games and they soon stick with stuff that appeals to them.

MeatSauce

Both Shantae games
Hyrule warriors
30th anniversary Street Fighter
Owlboy

MeatSauce

Nagi

Preordered Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition a few Days ago. Should arrive in the mail tomorrow.
I also bought the Fairune Collection yesterday.

Nagi

EvilLucario

Just ordered Splatoon 2 finally. The money wasn't right before, but now that it was on sale for $45 on Newegg, I decided to jump in.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BenGrimm

Donkey Kong and waiting for the postman to bring me Hyrule Warriors.

BenGrimm

MeatSauce

Early today I saw someone I don’t consider a peer or a friend more just a person I tolerate playing battle chasers it looked like fun so I went out and gave a store employee money and in return they handed me the game.I’m liking it so far.

Edited on by MeatSauce

MeatSauce

gamerchick_22

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. It's like your favorite ride, you know you gotta get off eventually but you don't wanna πŸ˜…

Username: hime
Nintendo FC: 0173-1364-7622
Games:
Mario Kart 7
Pokemon AS/Crystal/Ultra Sun/Yellow
Chibi-Robo Photo Finder
Yo-Kai Watch/Bony Spectres
Switch FC: 8417-4270-3814
MK8
Splatoon 2
Zelda BOTW

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1364-7622

Tiefseemiez

Kingdom: New Lands
Don't know yet what to think. I like the way it is made, but it feels more than a mobile game that you play on the tram. Progress does not happen fast enough and if you run out of gold all you can do is wait for the day to end.

The Banner Saga
Bought it yesterday immediately in the afternoon and haven't stopped playing since. I like it a lot so far. It reminds me of those Pen and Paper adventures I used to play as a child in the way the story is told.
Also like the art style a lot more than I thought I would.
It is a nice stylistic change regarding that I currently also play Disgaea 5, a completely game in the same genre.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar
I picked it up physically, but did not yet start playing, because Banner Saga.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

psychd

New member here (Also a new Switch owner...)

I'm catching up after only getting my Switch last weekend. It's my first console since the PS2 god knows how many years ago, so I'm giddy with excitement and very happy with my choice of console

Picked up Super Mario Odyssey today, which has been superb so far... also bought this week:

• Celeste
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • A 2D bar-brawl game I can't quite remember the name of
  • Zelda BoTW

All have been amazing so far, and should do me until Mario Tennis Aces!

psychd

My Nintendo: psychd

CaPPa

This week I bought The Framed Collection and Hyper Sentinel.

Framed is a trial and error style puzzle game. There's 2 games (1&2) that play like comic book panels with the aim to get the character to the end of the scene by rearranging the story frames. There's about 6 - 8 hours gameplay, which is decent for the price. 8/10

Hyper Sentinel is a hetic 2D shooter, based off the classic 8bit game Uridium. If you played that game then this is a treat, bringing back nostalgia with some smooth shooting action. 9/10

CaPPa

Lroy

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

Mario + Rabbids

Brilliant game! πŸ‘

LuigiTheGreenFire

Ordered Fractured But Whole from Best Buy. It was $20 off, and should arrive Tuesday. Hope none of the bugs affect my experience. Played the first game on Windows, and it was great.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

ValhallaOutcast

@Lroy its trapped in a backlog, havent even fired it up once

gotta beat DK first

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic