Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 181 to 200 of 4,673

Kiolu100

Star Allies. Just beat it today. Nice little game, though I was kinda freaked out at their inclusion of Satan himself as the final boss.

Kiolu100

Lroy

Oops, I did it again ☺️ Buying ban fail.

I blame the NL Arcade High-Score thread, lol! @oorwullie @meppi64 πŸ˜‰

Picked up MOON PATROL (Hamster, Arcade Archives). A classic arcade game with pick up and play gameplay which belies the strategy and skill needed to achieve those high-scores.

Really enjoying it and worth Β£6.29 and then some. I mean I've likely spent that in virtual credits already. Love these arcade coin-op games on Switch.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

antster1983

Bought these with the Β£50 eShop credit courtesy of Nintendo UK:

• Minecraft
  • KAMIKO
  • Blossom Tales
  • ACA NEOGEO Sengoku 3
  • ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug 3
  • Arcade Archives Super Mario Bros.

Also bought Overcooked from Game in Scarborough.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Lroy

@antster1983 Nice haul and congrats on winning that eShop credit from Ninty πŸ‘

josha

@antster1983 I'm thinking on buying the marvel one, how did it go?

josha

Switch Friend Code: SW-1522-2834-7222 | My Nintendo: josha

antster1983

@josha It's LEGO and Marvel. Mainly Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy characters and a few more (Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange, Daredevil). Gameplay is solid, decent storyline, good voice acting including the marvelous Peter Serafinowicz voicing the main villain. Frame rate suffers a bit at times but it largely keeps to 30fps.

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

josha

@antster1983 Did you got a chance to play it with 4 players, how was the experience?

josha

Switch Friend Code: SW-1522-2834-7222 | My Nintendo: josha

Lroy

So I've basically abandoned my earnest intention of not buying any more games for the foreseeable future and just spurged on more arcade titles: SENGOKU 3 (quality and quite strategic side scrolling Neo Geo beat-em up), PUNCH-OUT! (classic Nintendo boxing/puzzle game) and SENGOKU BLADE aka SAMURAI BLADE, labelled TENGAI for Nintendo Switch for some reason? (Amazing Psikyo horizontal shooter which I'd have just called Miko's marvellous bosom and had done with it 😜). All 3 are great arcade additions to the Switch library.

darkfenrir

Just bought Penny Punching Princess since there's some 10% cashback promotion, hopefully not regretting it since it seems to be around 68 or so on metacritic and opencritic both >_<;;

(it probably will arrive in 2 days)

darkfenrir

RetroGamerAndrew

Ok, couldn't hold me back, I noticed Fire Emblem Warriors on sale at 29.99 euro on Amazon.it and snagged it in a blink of an eye.
Man... how many games are too many?

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Let me know what you think. I loved, loved, loved FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING on 3DS and have bought several other entries in the turn-based/strategy RPG Fire Emblem series. However, this cross-over game needed a Demo on the eShop for me to consider taking a punt on it.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy will do!

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Nathansdiary

Hyrule Warriors for me, I couldn't wait till may for the EU release so bought the JP one. It runs lovely in handheld and is great to dive back into, I am glad it has been bought over from the Wii U

Nathansdiary

Nintendo Network ID: Nathansdiary

Artonide

Fifa 18. Worth it at 50% off.

SW-4796-1687-6967
Play mostly everything. 😊

CaPPa

Got Thimbleweed Park last week and just finished it last night. A fun throwback to the classic Lucasarts point n click adventures.

CaPPa

WebHead

Odyssey. It's pretty dope yo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Lroy

Was kindly treated to both STAR FORCE (Arcade Archives, Hamster) - a vintage arcade Shmup which still plays great to this day. Seemingly underrated and undervalued in its review on this site.

And rogue-like, almost kind of single screen arcade, action platform style indie, FLINT HOOK. Really liking it so far.

Lroy

Just bought DRAGON BLAZE (latest Psikyo shoot-em-up from ZeroDiv) and BAD DUDES VS. DRAGON NINJA (from the Flying Tiger [is it?]/Johnny Turbo label). The latter is an arcade classic from my youth.

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

Rogue Aces, Starforce, Dragon Blaze and Bad Dudes.

Rogue Aces looks like it'll be a lot of fun and with it being published by Curve Digital Im sure it will be.

Starforce is a classic and plays as good as it did back then.

Bad Dude is a lot of fun although I'm finding it extremely challenging.

Dragon Blaze is just outstanding. This and Tengai are Psikyo's best.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic