Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 161 to 180 of 4,636

RetroGamerAndrew

What game will you guys buy tomorrow when sale starts? I'm ready to unleash hell (on my wallet). Will most likely grab Rocket League and any fair priced roguelite/metroidvania/retro-looking indie (preferably without a retail version) on my wishlist, which is HUGE...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

Jbs-Dad

@OorWullie just cleared the iron works on hard, what a great highly addictive game. No idea on how to get those skulls though. I have managed to find one that was on the very 1st level. I agree about hard being a fair difficulty, if I complete it on that will definitely try harder and so on ๐Ÿ˜ˆ.

Edited on by Jbs-Dad

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Not looked into any details, not sure what will come up. I've constantly tried to prune my wishlist to 50 titles at any one time. So I guess if anything still on it gets significantly discounted I may find it hard to resist. If it's the typical pennies or couple of quid off, I'll pass. Spent a fortune already this year.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

@RetroGamerAndrew Not sure what I'll get but knowing me, I'll probably end up spending too much. From the new games I'll be buying Sol Divide and probably Moon Patrol. Outlast 2 releases next Tuesday, that's a definite buy and it's only ยฃ15 on the South African Eshop. I'm curious to see if Castle of Heart is any good. I know @Shiryu has been playing it. Any idea when we can expect a review?

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Jbs-Dad

@OorWullie ah yes cheat,I will definitely be doing that for the skulls.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Shiryu

@OorWullie Very , very soon but no t by me, Damien is hadnling that. I wasnt sent over a code becuase of my YT channel, not from NL. (pssssssssssssssssst: It's good)

"No Surrender, No Retreat."

Nintendo Network ID: Shiryu | Twitter:

Tiefseemiez

The Bridge, which I had on my wishlist for a long time, but never actually bought it. I played the first three worlds and it is all that I hoped it to be. The artstyle is great and the puzzles are really original. Though I stopped playing for now, since I am too dumb to get the level I am at and just bought new games on sale....oh well....but it is very worthwhile!

Owlboy, which I just started playing and already like a lot. Especially the music.

Fe, which looks great, but I am not sure if the gameplay is for me (bought it for curiosity's sake, but did not start playing yet).

Crypt of the Necromancer, which immediately appealed to me when I saw the trailer. The gameplay looked like a crazy mix and the soundtrack sounded as engaging as the one Shantae games have (and regarding that Shantae is so far unmatched for me). Did not start playing either. I try to finish either Owlboy or Bridge first or play long enough to lose interest by failing too often....

I might be picking up Crawl or Floor Kids (I am so unsure if I like that game, I wish it had a demo, because it looks so cool), and yeah.....that's it, I hope.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

gcunit

@Tiefseemiez I started playing Owlboy on my PC last night. Promising, but I did find the enemies annoying - they all seem to routinely fly just above the horizontal line that you fire along, so shooting them down was a bit irritating.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

RR529

Pre-ordered Atelier Lydie & Suelle: the Alchemist & the Mysterious Paintings.

It'll be my first in the series, but it feels good to finally get another JRPG after Xenoblade 2 back in December.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Thisismycomment

My latest purchase of a pre-order: The Town of Light
My latest purchase of a game currently out: LEGO City Undercover.

Took advantage of the LEGO sale of only $16.

Thisismycomment

JoakimZ

I just placed an order on Axiom Verge, Tiny Barbarian DX and Fire Emblem Warriors.
Iโ€™ve only played the N3DS version of FEW before since I didnโ€™t have a Switch yet when the game was released.

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

Tibob

Swim Out.
So far I'm really liking it. I'm surprised I didn't hear about it before ("found" it on the eshop a few days ago).

Tibob

RR529

subpopz wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Pre-ordered Atelier Lydie & Suelle: the Alchemist & the Mysterious Paintings.

It'll be my first in the series, but it feels good to finally get another JRPG after Xenoblade 2 back in December.

I haven't played any of these either. This one is apparently 3rd in a trilogy. I don't think you need to have played the previous two for story.....do you know for sure if this is the case?
I too need a good jrpg after finishing Xenoblade 2 and having a void to fill

As far as I know I don't think you need to have played the others, but as it's a pretty niche franchise it's tough to find out for sure.

I did watch a 15 minute video of the Japanese Switch version, and the guy playing said that while the protagonists of the previous games had appeared as NPCs, it was more in a cameo type manner (he was about 15 hours into the game, but said the time was probably bloated due to the time he spent translating text).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

GPM1000

My most recent purchase is Celeste, great game.

GPM1000

Lroy

I picked a Switch up at launch and only a few months in, my wife and I were already considering buying a second for our houselhold. I've two small children and my eldest is an emerging gamer. Once SPLATOON 2 landed, that pretty much made up our mind. For us to get the most out of the multiplayer we always wanted to play together locally.

However, these things certainly aren't cheap and we kept talking ourselves out of it. UNTIL NOW, so my latest Switch purchase and destined to be my most significant, is a second Switch.

I'm gonna stick with my Day 1 System and transfer my wife and son's profiles to the new one. Cannot wait to give it to my boy with SPLATOON 2 and the Octo Expansion downloaded and ready. It will be like Switchmas Day all over again.

I've never felt such compulsion to own two of the same console before, handheld systems aside. The fact my wife was up for ponying up the cash as well surely gives Nintendo a resounding thumbs up (and busy cash registers).

Now to get the other necessary bits like another Micro SD card, screen protector, case et. al.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Matthewxcv

Recently purchased a new case for my switch that can hold 19 game cartridges. And a 128GB micro SD. Feels great to have that extra storage space.

Matthewxcv

Switch Friend Code: SW-8174-8935-7498 | My Nintendo: Matthewxcv | Nintendo Network ID: Matthewxcv

gcunit

Vesta and Blaster Master Zero in the sale.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

glympe

Skyrim and shovel knight.

glympe

rewindxrepeat

Owlboy. Played it for 1h30 today and I'm loving it. 18โ‚ฌ on sale + gold points. Great deal.

rewindxrepeat

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic