Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 61 to 80 of 145

HobbitGamer

Loving this game. And there's so much to go back and do, I found that it stays fresh longer if I jump between worlds when re-doing levels for requests and such. Some of the costumes are pretty cute, but I've yet to find the LABO piano. I'll second the polish in handheld, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

Choose your play style.
> Mellow Mode

Get that baby mode out of here! I'm picking Bone Crushing Mode!

Octane

Octane

Pretty fun so far. I like it better than Woolly World I think.

Is it just me or does this game not look as "crisp" as other Switch games? Textures seem very low rez, which is a bummer, cause it looks pretty good overall.

Octane

LawnChairMan

Is this better than woolly world since i am trying to decide which to get.

Edited on by LawnChairMan

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

RR529

Completed the levels in the "Ninjarama" & "Rumble Jungle" worlds tonight. Not a bad level amongst them (I even enjoyed their gimmick levels). Next time I play I should be up against a main boss.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SKTTR

I beat the story! Now at 634 Flowers and a secret boss. Yeah, I can see myself 100%ing this game, it's that fun - even though the secret final stage might take a while.

Yoshi's Crafted World's level design is just as good and varied as as something like Super Mario Odyssey or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Some level gimmicks are just amazing (a crashing meteor) It's a charming mix of several Yoshi games: Some of the music could come from Yoshi's Story; one world is a throwback to Woolly World; later levels are just as hard as what you would expect from Yoshi's Island, and there are even charming cameos (Yoshi's Cookie).
The refined unique egg&throw gameplay of a Yoshi platformer is still intact and feels great for speedrunning as well.

All the favourite characters are still here too: Shy Guys, Piranha Plants, Poochy, the seagulls (personal fav of mine), Cheep-Cheep, the bombthrowing monkeys, the bandit mowsers, Kamek, Bowser Jr., Xilebo, and funny new ones like the rambling rhino, the jumpscaring axeman, or the flippin alarm robots.

And there are challenges where mastery of the "infinite flutter jump + aim & egg throw" come in handy.
I kinda miss motion aim control support though.

Is there a list of supported amiibo? I have unlocked only 7 new costumes with 50+ amiibo, I wonder what I'm missing.
I know about the three different Woolly Yoshis (green, blue, pink), and Mario, Luigi, and Peach. The others just unlock a regular "amiibo box" costume.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

I beat the story! Now at 634 Flowers and a secret boss. Yeah, I can see myself 100%ing this game, it's that fun - even though the secret final stage might take a while.

Yoshi's Crafted World's level design is just as good and varied as as something like Super Mario Odyssey or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Some level gimmicks are just amazing (a crashing meteor) It's a charming mix of several Yoshi games: Some of the music could come from Yoshi's Story; one world is a throwback to Woolly World; later levels are just as hard as what you would expect from Yoshi's Island, and there are even charming cameos (Yoshi's Cookie).
The refined unique egg&throw gameplay of a Yoshi platformer is still intact and feels great for speedrunning as well.

All the favourite characters are still here too: Shy Guys, Piranha Plants, Poochy, the seagulls (personal fav of mine), Cheep-Cheep, the bombthrowing monkeys, the bandit mowsers, Kamek, Bowser Jr., Xilebo, and funny new ones like the rambling rhino, the jumpscaring axeman, or the flippin alarm robots.

And there are challenges where mastery of the "infinite flutter jump + aim & egg throw" come in handy.
I kinda miss motion aim control support though.

Is there a list of supported amiibo?
I have unlocked 7 new costumes with 50+ amiibo, I wonder what I'm missing.
I know about the three different Woolly Yoshis (green, blue, pink), and Mario, Luigi, and Peach. The others just unlock a regular "amiibo box" costume.

GameCharter

I had hoped it would be more along the lines of Yoshi's Island however I haven't played alot of the more recent Yoshi games up until now so they could have changed their games to be more light hearted and targeted to a younger audience over all. I am currently making a youtube playlist on where to find all the Flowers in every level.

GameCharter

Trajan

I had to use a guide to find the last shiny star in the water cave only to discover it was one I had seen but forgot to mark. Ugh.

Otherwise I'm going to 100%this without a guide. Its a really fun game. I'm not going to rush completing it.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

RR529

It's probably in part because there's so much to play on Switch at the moment, but it's a shame that this isn't generating more hype. This definitely sits alongside Super Mario Odyssey & DKC:TF as a premier platformer on the system, IMO.

I absolutely love the dozens of mini-worlds (2-3 levels each) approach, as it means you're guaranteed to see something new every time you boot it up. There'd be an unbelievable amount of variety in theming even without the paper craft motif infused into everything, but with it layered on top (and with how much attention is paid to even the tiniest detail), you can tell this is one of those special games where the devs poured every ounce of their creative being into it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

jump

RR529 wrote:

It's probably in part because there's so much to play on Switch at the moment, but it's a shame that this isn't generating more hype.

It got to number in the both the UK and Japanese sales chart, I'd say it's doing well.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

cambotero

wow, this game is BEAUTIFUL!!

cambotero

rallydefault

Updated thoughts: I really do like it, but I'm iffy on putting this up there with platformers like DKC and Shovel Knight and even the 2D Marios.

But it's a fun experience. The boss fights are super easy. The vehicle stages (giant Yoshi, the plane thing, the race car, etc.) can be frustrating if you're trying to 100%. Some of the control schemes for those things are not intuitive. Finding the pups and some items on the reverse stages seems like shameless padding for time as well as a missed opportunity (though I'm near the end of the game but didn't actually beat it yet, so maybe something happens at the end to give more to do on the flip side stages? My bad if so.). The item fetching quests are ridiculous - way too many and more padding.

Everything is just so charming, though. And it definitely gets more challenging as you go if you're trying to find everything. It'll be a nice game to play with my daughter.

rallydefault

Timbox

I’m gonna buy this game very soon, really looking forward!

Timbox

SKTTR

Completed it 100%. Gorgeous game! Right up there with the best in my Switch collection. Good to see it's number one. If you love the very best platformers there's no way around it.

With Mario, Donkey Kong, and now Yoshi returning to their (plat)former glory, it's only Kirby (Star Allies) who's not right there yet.

Edited on by SKTTR

Timbox

@SKTTR nice! Hoe many hours it took you? I’m in the train now with my new bought copy of the game 💪🏻

Timbox

Toy_Link

@Tsurii You can eat up the octopus (without swallowing it) and move it wherever you want.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

RR529

Finished it up this morning, and it was a great time. Although they weren't challenging I found all the boss fights to be creative & fun.

I doubt I'll 100% it (I never do), but I'm going to try and get just enough flowers to play all the post game levels.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HobbitGamer

@Tsurii Don’t feel dumb, I had a similar situation in the jungle with that paper snake. Kept trying to avoid touching his body before I realized that’s the part you can use to progress. 🙄

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

The post-game levels are definitely a welcome bump in challenge. Still not to the difficulty level of Yoshi's Island, in my opinion, but a good step up from the regular levels.

I'm feeling extreme fatigue with all the item fetching, though. After beating the game I was initially super motivated to go back and fill in all the gaps, but after a couple worlds I'm burnt out. Don't think I will 100%, at least not any time soon.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic