Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 41 to 60 of 114

1UP_MARIO

Yoshis crafted world cover art and inside cover
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Quarth

No one's playing this? I got it today and am having a good time!

This game is wonderfully designed, just lovely!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JaxonH

@Quarth
I’m playing!

I think it’s a fun game, without question, but I can’t help but feel a little disappointed inasmuch that it falls short next to Wooly World. Soundtrack isn’t nearly as good since the composer is different, the artstyle isn’t quite as appealing to me as the wool, The Amiibo costumes are pretty lame compared to the awesome designs of Yoshi in WW, not to mention only a select few Amiibo unlock costumes in this game versus 50+ Amiibo in WW, and I don’t like the new aiming mechanic being free-aim. I much preferred the old aiming mechanic which took skill to lineup the shot and time it right.

It just feels like a step down overall.

That said, it’s still a fun game in its own right and I am having a great time playing

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Quarth

@JaxonH I haven't played Wooly World, so cannot compare, but I think this is a fun if not very challenging platformer. It's no Yoshi's Island, but that one's hard to top (though nostalgia surely plays an important part). But it's more fun than another very easy Switch game, Kirby Star Allies.

Edited on by Quarth

RR529

Yeah, just popped it in awhile ago and it's a fun time. It's not a challenging game by any means (then again I've just played the first few levels), but the level theming is so charming & varied it's a joy to poke around in. I also really like the fact that it makes use of being 3D, in that you can go into the background & foreground (I really enjoyed that in Planet Robobot on 3DS, and was disappointed that Star Allies took a step back in that regard. Heck, even Tropical Freeze toned down segments like that in comparison to Returns).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

HobbitGamer

I’m about to play. Got a sickness coming on, so got home from the office and crashed on the bed a couple hours. I’ll be trying out handheld first, cuz Live PD is finally back.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Arbor

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

I’m about to play. Got a sickness coming on, so got home from the office and crashed on the bed a couple hours. I’ll be trying out handheld first, cuz Live PD is finally back.

mood!! i love live pd. anyway, i’ve wanted to pick up yoshi since i first heard about it, but right now i’m saving up spending money for a trip to NY next week, then i have to save up for camera equipment and souvenirs for a road trip my family’s taking, then i have to save up for when i go to college this fall, and then...well ya get the idea

Arbor

JaxonH

@Quarth
Its definitely better than Kirby. I didnt like Kirby that much.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

embison

Rant: Why, oh why hasn't Nintendo reissued the Poochie amiibo?

The Wii U is still the world's best console. Buy one today!

SKTTR

I just got the first Sun Gem and while its a pretty relaxing game initially, from island 3 onwards the game is getting really challenging. I cannot find 4/20 red coins in the fourth level. There has to be a new unique puzzle or some fantastically hidden secret somehwere!
I'm playing on normal mode and try to get 100%. I also played more than just the first couple of stages. I think the difficulty of this game is balanced and not too easy. (Some stages seem exceptionally challenging though, we will see).

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Quarth

@JaxonH I actually like Star Allies, it's a good game, but it could have been great with some more effort. Stunning presentation though, just like Crafted World.

@SKTTR Yeah, the challenge lies in collecting all the hidden stuff. If your only goal is to go from point A to B it's fairly easy (I'm also playing in normal mode), but to 100% it will be tougher. Just like Kirby's Epic Yarn (which I recently got on 3DS).

Edited on by Quarth

RR529

Beat the first boss this morning. In general it's a pretty laid back game, but nabbing all the collectables will definitely take some time if you're into that, especially with the reverse sides & scavenger hunts.

I like how the path opens up after the first boss, letting you tackle the next three gems in any order you want. Not sure if that's a spoiler per se, but I wanted to be safe.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Grumblevolcano

I beat the first few levels, been fun so far though I can see the requests getting obnoxious over time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Trajan

I absolutely adore this game.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

What is purpose of costumes for Yoshi ?
Untitled

Will it make it stronger or faster or something else ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

GeeEmm

@Anti-Matter

You can take extra hits depending on the rarity of the costume.
Just finished Mine Cart Cave which is my fav level so far. Game is fantastic.

GeeEmm

Bolt_Strike

I am loving this game. The free aim is SOOO much better than the traditional cursor to the point where I'm not sure I can go back to the older games again. And the foreground/background elements really add to the level design. 100%ing the levels is also fairly challenging, some of the collectibles are very well hidden. My only really gripes with the game is that it feels a bit short and they could've done more with the flip side levels than just finding Poochy Pups.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

SKTTR

I've collected 200 flowers now (not even halfway through I think), and this is just like Woolly World (with some 3D intersections). It even has a throwback wool world. Levels now feel even more like miniature worlds that have been scanned into the game 1:1. I'm not sure about the gimmick levels (Yoshi Robot, Plane flying, etc.), they're just fun little distractions, like bonus stages, but the majority, the platforming, is great.

In 2P co-op you can beat levels with a friend, you even get some team moves. Generally you really have to talk to each other to coordinate the next steps, otherwise you quickly get chaos into the game and be more of a hindrance than help to each other.

Minor things I think could be better: The story. It's a bit on the bland side, if not to say kiddy. The dialogue/screentext isn't as funny as older games in the series, but whenever Kamek's magic is shown it's a really hypnotic and cool special effect, so at least there's always that to look forward to.
The soundtrack, while good, seems pretty limited, only 20 tracks in the soundtest? That's really not much compared to other games in the series. At least they don't seem to repeat as much as you'd think.

So, yeah, Yoshi has not turned into a weird point&click puzzler, like some of us assumed after watching the first trailer.
From what I played this is the second best original Switch platformer, after Super Mario Odyssey.
The game looks great, plays great, and it is really fun to explore all stages 100%.

PS. Nowadays I expect every game to receive a day one patch. Yoshi's Crafted World doesn't have one though, and it feels so polished that it might never need one. (Well, until someone finds the inevitable gamebreaking glitch).

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic