Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 21 to 40 of 145

Bolt_Strike

The Treehouse stream definitely did this game a lot more justice than that trailer. I'm surprised by how much depth there is to the level design, it really makes the 2.5D worthwhile in a way that I've never seen before. Definitely getting this one.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MikeTS

This game is going to be amazing. I can't wait, I'm already excited from watching the trailer.

MikeTS

OfNullAndVoid

Can't wait for it. I enjoyed both Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World. While it's not everyone's cup of tea, I enjoyed how the base game is easy, but getting 100% is where the challenge lies. I'm hoping that they'll do the same with this game.

I'm hoping that maybe they'll add paper models of Yoshi and all other characters so it can go with the environments, but if it doesn't I'm still fine with it.

With Nintendo releasing Amiibo for just about every game they release now, it would be a missed opportunity if they don't make a paper model Yoshi Amiibo, maybe even with a paper model environment. It would be easy to pack into the box.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Timppis

@Bolt_Strike

I agree completely with this. The Treehouse segment showed the charm in having that flippable environment with the little shy guys pushing and pulling moving platforms and things only having their paintjobs on the front side etc.

Loved it, but I still hope that it's a bit more difficult than your normal yoshi/kirby title.

Timppis

LinksMightySword

Wooly world is still on my need to play list . Played the demo and loved it. This Switch offering looks great and I won't sleep on this one ..

Nintendo network Id : InRexwetrust
Switch / Nintendo Acct : HolyYoshi!
Switch friend code: SW-4296-5017-1714

Ryu_Niiyama

I love that idea that yoshi is pretty much a plushie in a world created by a kid. Brings back fond childhood memories...those paper rhinos are hardcore though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

This one feels like a Metroidvania Yoshi....you have to remember what you saw on the front side to work the back side.

@Anti-Matter it's not a paper world like Paper Mario (that somehow exists as a real world made of papercraft), it's a cardboard diaorama sitting on a table in a house (you can see the window and the rest of the room off the table when you're on the back side of the level.) It's like the Ribbon Raceway level in MK8....it's actually in some kids room made of household things, come to life (the platforms are half-papered over cookie boxes for example.)

NEStalgia

KirbyTheVampire

@Henmii The flipping mechanic is only in multiplayer? Isn't flipping the level basically the whole idea behind the game? It seems like just another platformer without it.

KirbyTheVampire

meleebrawler

@KirbyTheVampire You choose which perspective of the stage you get at the beginning in single player. Like @NEStalgia said, it tests your memory in order find all of it's goodies, which is the main challenge of Yoshi platformers, though I'm not sure if playing both is mandatory to progress.

The multiplayer in-game flip is essentially an extension of being able to bypass certain puzzles by launching/bouncing off a partner like in Woolly World. You feel more capable as a team, and helps alleviate potential boredom depending on who you're playing with.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

KirbyTheVampire

meleebrawler wrote:

@KirbyTheVampire You choose which perspective of the stage you get at the beginning in single player. Like @NEStalgia said, it tests your memory in order find all of it's goodies, which is the main challenge of Yoshi platformers, though I'm not sure if playing both is mandatory to progress.

The multiplayer in-game flip is essentially an extension of being able to bypass certain puzzles by launching/bouncing off a partner like in Woolly World. You feel more capable as a team, and helps alleviate potential boredom depending on who you're playing with.

Ahh, I see. That makes a lot more sense, then.

KirbyTheVampire

Henmii

@meleebrawler,

That sounds very weird. Very user-unfriendly. They should give single-players the flipping option, otherwise some things will be very cumbersome to get.

Henmii

Henmii

As some people already pointed out: The new Yoshi is about cardboard, Nintendo Labo is about cardboard. Is there a connection? Is that why they didn't show it at the Direct mini, not only because it gets released at a later date but also because they are repurposing it for Toy-con usage?

I hope I can still get the game and play it without a Toy-con though!

Henmii

FragRed

@Dev I am not totally sure how much inspiration there would have been, considering this is not being developed in house by Nintendo so why would they be in the know about something like Labo, unless there was potential talk of integrating them but then decided not to. I think setting Yoshi in a cardboard world was more likely just the next logical step after being a wooly world.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Yoshi Switch Release Date Leaked?

https://gamerant.com/yoshi-nintendo-switch-release-date-leak/

Australian retail website Sanity currently has Yoshi pegged for a June 30th release date. Amazon Italy had Yoshi‘s release date marked for June 29th in a since-removed listing. It’s certainly possible that neither one of these dates are correct, but both of them being in late June is telling.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

NaviAndMii

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Yoshi (Working Title) - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLud5yoWIQ

Watching the trailer yesterday for this I was indifferent to it but after watching this video, it has grown on me a lot. It looks really nice and the front and back play to the levels is a cool idea. I'm now very interested in seeing more of it.

Wow! I'd largely ignored this game up until now, but after watching that demonstration it has really grown on me a lot as well! ..doesn't look like the most challenging game in the world - very few 'enemies' seem to actually attack you (and the ones that do seem easy enough to defeat) - but it looks like it more than makes up for it with its charm! ..just seems like it'd be such a joy to play and would have you grinning from ear to ear throughout - which is no bad thing at all!

I'd definitely recommend that people, if they haven't already, watch the above video just to check it out - you might find that you're as pleasantly surprised as I was! ..what a charming looking game!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

Yoshis crafted world cover art and inside cover
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Quarth

No one's playing this? I got it today and am having a good time!

This game is wonderfully designed, just lovely!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic