Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,302

BabyYoda71

Okay, so I shouldn’t wait for a sale. I might get this game!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

I still prefer Xenoblade 2's OST by quite a lot. It's one of the all-time great video game OSTs,

They're both in my top 5.

Probably something like

1) XC1
2) FF9
3) FF6
4) XC2
5) Ocarina of Time

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

they ruined You Will Know Our Names.

Part of this feels like when I heard the Bowser's Inside Story remake's soundtrack, in that they decided to have the main part of the track blend more into the rest of it for no reason. To the point that I wonder if they mixed it wrong (though this isn't THAT bad).

Part of this feels like when you get to Act 2 of a 2d Sonic game and its clear Act 1 was their priority for making a good, catchy song, and they just thought of some slightly weird idea to change things up (Flying Battery immediately comes to mind).

I don't think its bad, but its far more awkward than the original.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

Well my copy is still set to arrive Tuesday, so you all will get a good chunk in well before I even start up 😋

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

The email confirming that the game shipped came yesterday afternoon. UPS is still slated to drop it off at some point tomorrow. Can't wait! ^_^

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@JaxonH @link3710 I've seen GAME go in and out of stock for the special edition multiple times a day for about a week now where trying to preorder when it's in stock comes up with a message it's out of stock so I'm guessing more cancelling preorders.

Turns out this was a case of extra stock outside of preorders. At around half past midnight the site changed from preorder to buy and there was stock available.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 It lacks the energy of the original. Reminds me of how Atlus ruined Hoist the Sword with Pride in the Heart by changing instruments and completely eliminating the song's thrash metal feel.

I'm really not feeling it.

@Dezzy If I had to single out my favorite OSTs...

Etrian Odyssey IV
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
NieR: Automata
Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario Galaxy

This has been a REALLY good gen for video game music.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DonkeyDiddyKong

So this is my first Xenoblade and have only put in around 1h 30m so (it's 4am so had to turn it off so I can try and get some sleep) and my first impressions are (posted from another thread)...

So put couple of hours into it so far and I'm enjoying but it does look quite bad in handheld. Liking the combat, the music is great, voice acting not bad and I can myself really loving the characters as the game goes on. Atm despite the really poor graphics in handheld which can be quite distracting I'm happy I pulled the trigger. I just hope I can get used to the poor visuals and still really get sucked into the world.

Had a quick test on my monitor as well and.....it really doesn't look that much better at all really. Still very blurry so dread to think how it would look on my 50inch 4k tv.

DonkeyDiddyKong

JaxonH

Xenoblade 2 looked great on the TV and by all accounts this one looks just as good. I have a 55” 4KTV and Xenoblade 2 looked dope. I don’t see why this would be any different. 720p is not blurry, even on a 4KTV. It’s not ultra sharp like super high end resolutions, but it’s HD, high definition.

Saying it looks blurry on the tv in HD, to me, calls into question the judgement call about how it looks in handheld mode, which is also reported to not have constant, severe, distracting dynamic res drops like its successor. 540p handheld doesn’t look superb, but it’s also not horrible either.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Just started...... Looking great so far

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

I don't think I've ever actually allowed the title screen to just play without skipping past it before. Watching that play out is an emotional odyssey in its own right, lol.

Definitely not as pretty as Xenoblade 2 on the TV. But it also doesn't look bad.

Handheld mode seems fine so far. So did Xenoblade 2 until you entered a larger area. I'll have to wait until I hit Gaur Plain before I make any comment about how image quality holds up.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Ugh mine didn't arrive today.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

Mine is actually supposed to be arriving from the UK on Tuesday, which isn't bad considering a forwarding service was involved.

link3710

NintendoByNature

Since mine still hasn't shipped from Amazon, I might have enough time to go to walmart And see if I can find a copy later today, then cancel my Amazon order.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

Didnt get mine today, so will get is tueseday instead.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Quarth

Untitled

Look at that! A bug! 😅

I love this game so much, even though I’ve previously only played the 3DS version, so for me this is really a visual upgrade. Sure, the game doesn’t look perfect, but it doesn’t matter to me, because it’s good enough and I love everything else about this game. I was more bothered with the graphical quality of FE: Three Houses and that game was still great and fun to play. As long as the overall package and feeling is good, I’m satisfied.

Edit: What did I do wrong with the image upload?

Edit 2: Working now.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

link3710

@Quarth I think you need to use a different URL for sharing Imgur images?

link3710

Quarth

@link3710 Tried another site. Now it’s working.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

Put about 9 hours into this game already today and it's perfection! Everything! I love it to death! It has fully met and exceeded my expectations! They took a game that I already loved in the extreme and have refined it even further!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic