Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,302

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

That was pretty much everyone’s take.

Untitled

Yeah, the reality is that on my main computer monitor, it's pretty hard to tell the difference between 720 and 1080p.

On the other hand, on my massive widescreen TV, the difference is instantly noticeable.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Zeldafan79

You silly guys going on and on about the resolution. 😜 This game looked awesome even on the Wii! I don't recall too many complaints then so now it must be drop dead gorgeous!

Anyway on the subject of the game itself did anyone else find the combat a bit confusing at times? Especially during a certain early boss when you begin to learn the visions thing where the manado helps you see into the future. I would always mess that part up. Usually the enemy's would do one of those one hit kill devastating moves, I'd panic not knowing what I'm supposed to do and die alot. I feel like the game doesn't explain it very well or I'm a little slow. Did anyone else struggle with the combat at times?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Ralizah

The Wii game might have looked fine on an SD set. On a big HDTV, it looked like a pixelated nightmare.

In the case of Xenoblade 2, the image quality, when undocked, would often suffer as a result of incredibly harsh resolution dips, to the point where the game barely resembled what you'd see if you connected it to the TV. That's a problem. Video games are a visual medium.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DenDen

Well for me it looks amazing and I will be playing it on my lite instead of the normal one, I preffer handheld a lot more

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zeldafan79

@Ralizah
Considering the Wii was not an HD console did it really make sense playing it on an HD TV? Of course it looked like a pixelated nightmare! I didn't get my first HD TV until after 2010 so i only played it on a standard TV back when it was new and it looked great for a wii game!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Ralizah

@Zeldafan79 The majority of Wii games look fine on an HD set, I've found.

I should also point out that the 3DS version was a pixelated nightmare as well.

And, regardless of the image clarity (or lack thereof), the faces and character models more broadly still looked really poor for a game released in the 2010s (2010 in Japan; 2011 in Aus/EU; 2012 for Americans).

Anyway, this poor visual fidelity is the biggest reason we really needed a modern-gen update for this game. It's not the prettiest game ever, but it seems to do the job of making it look presentable.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

Oh ya, I got up to about Level 10 on 3DS, and enjoyed it. But it was really, really rough. All 3DS games are rough anyways, but this one took the cake.

Still, the fact the game was still fun was a testament to its strong foundation, and clearly could stand on it's own even when ugly as sin.

Playing on Dolphin in higher resolutions, 1440p to 4k, looks really good imo- first time I saw it rendering in HD I was like wow, but even then, this remaster definitely blows away the original in Dolphin, over all.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

I'm gonna try and do the colony 6 stuff this time around. I completely neglected it in previous playthroughs.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Zeldafan79

@TuVictus
For some reason i can't play any game without finding every collectable, secret or side mission and It drove me batty with this game! The extras are insane! I fear i may never 100% this. Damn my completionist OCD!

Dezzy

Waheyyyy, mine has been posted. I assume I'll get it tomorrow.

theJGG wrote:

@iKhan Duncan is one of my favourite characters! I had no idea he existed until IGN helpfully pointed him out! And who could forget Rain!

I thought this was just a joke, but now I'm reading the comments on the IGN video. Did they actually think it was Duncan?
I think they've edited it out now. Lol. I can only assume they didn't bother actually playing it, and just gave the graphical update a quick look, but then relied on memories of the original.

Zeldafan79 wrote:

You silly guys going on and on about the resolution. 😜 This game looked awesome even on the Wii!

If that was really true, there wouldn't be much reason to buy this version.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@JaxonH Using a high-res texture pack? I imagine that probably did look nice.

TTYD in 1080p with high-res textures looks like a 2020 game, lol.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya, Paper Mario games used a lot of hd assets and HD text boxes so all they need is to be rendered in HD, and they basically could pass as modern games. I mean, they're more simple in style and complexity of environments, and when compared to Origami King its night and day, but they look fantastic in Dolphin.

Playing Thousand Year Door on Win 2, even at 1.5x native res, looks really, really good. Basically all GameCube/Wii games look great when rendered in HD.

I was playing Xenoblade X in Cemu the other day, and it integrates special shaders and textures... game looks incredible. Stopped playing when I got locked in an affinity quest that required 2 anhydrous radiators though, with no follow ball to the location. Didnt feel like scouring the map for 2 hrs. And I had a mod for all gold materials which may have been preventing me from getting common mats. Prob should turn that off for that quest

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

Dezzy wrote:

If that was really true, there wouldn't be much reason to buy this version.

You mean other than a new 10-20 hour story, difficulty settings, overhauled UI, decreased loading times, map markers, an inn system, costume outfits...

Like, the Wii version looks and plays great still, but this version looks better on top of doing tons of necessary small fixes. I'd play it even if it was just the Wii version in visuals, the visual update is just the icing on the cake.

link3710

BruceCM

& there are people (like me) who didn't have a Wii?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BabyYoda71

Since this game is new, what are the chances it will go on sale on the eShop anytime soon? I’m not in a rush because I’m good with Animal Crossing, but I would like to have this game eventually. Does it have good music?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

TuVictus

Very awesome music, @BabyYoshi65 , in my random opinion. Music is also a big part of why I enjoy RPG's, so I can at least vouch for it in my case

TuVictus

Ralizah

So, I love almost all of the remastered tracks I've heard so far. Like, significantly more than the original tracks. But...

they ruined You Will Know Our Names.

@BabyYoshi65

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

Since this game is new, what are the chances it will go on sale on the eShop anytime soon?

Zip, zilch, nada.

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

I’m not in a rush because I’m good with Animal Crossing, but I would like to have this game eventually. Does it have good music?

Yes, it does. In fact, it's famous for its good music.

Edited on by Ralizah

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

they ruined You Will Know Our Names.

Most of the tracks sound great, but there's one (that I can't think of the name to), that sounds absolutely terrible in my opinion. I might just choose the original soundtrack to avoid that one song, Lol

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

Since this game is new, what are the chances it will go on sale on the eShop anytime soon? I’m not in a rush because I’m good with Animal Crossing, but I would like to have this game eventually. Does it have good music?

Games like this almost never go on sale.

Yes, it certainly has good music. It's probably the greatest video game soundtrack of all time, in my opinion.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH GC games in general hold up well, F-Zero GX looked way ahead of its time in terms of graphics back then for example. But then again the GC was the last console where Nintendo took part in the battle for most powerful console.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Even having heard most of the remastered tunes from this re-release, I still prefer Xenoblade 2's OST by quite a lot. It's one of the all-time great video game OSTs, and one of the best this generation alongside Persona 5 and NieR: Automata.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic