Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,302

JaxonH

I saw that. $49.99 day one is not to be trifled with.

Less than 72 hrs. The true countdown begins.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Here's something no-one's mentioned yet. Look how insanely quick the fast-travel is. Right at the beginning of this vid.
I'm guessing they load the whole area into RAM at once:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Tyranexx

Guessing the review embargo lifts either tomorrow or Thursday. Im hoping for tomorrow so I can check out reviews. Granted, I'm already getting the game, but I still want to see what others think in advance. Particularly in regards to Future Connected.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh what to do what to do. I have the CE preordered but I like saving money too.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JoeDiddley

My order is still processing.

Refresh, refresh, refresh.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama save money by sticking with it. If it’s such a long game it’ll save you money 😉

I don’t know if it’s just me but with the end of the current generation for the other consoles etc. there are fewer new games than average to buy so far in 2020. With Covid it’ll probably stay that way.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

link3710

Okay, my order is now arriving on the 29th at the resender, so that means I should get it early June. Which means it should arrive by the time I'm finally home, hopefully.

link3710

link3710

Just read through NL's review and found out the Inn system is back, plus Expert Mode which looks... Intriguing. Looks like they've brought in literally every notable QoL improvement from the other two games they could.

link3710

Dezzy

90 on opencritic.

Lol the metacritic score is being kept at 89 rather than 90 because one idiot reviewer gave it a 6/10.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Heh, someone Jim Sterling'd this game on Metacritic, eh?

Not everyone is going to like a game, though, especially one with marmite gameplay like XC.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iKhan

Not everyone has to like a game, but their skill as a reviewer lies in their ability to effectively communicate what they disliked about a game and why.

IGN's review of XCDE is just downright awful. The reviewer criticizes the skill tree system and the gem system by just saying they are archaic and confusing, without elaborating on why he considered them to be bad systems. It says Melia is a weak character and that Nopon are annoying, without explaining why the reviewer felt that way.

If I've never played XC before and I want to know if the game is right for me, then a reviewer telling me he thought characters were annoying or that an RPG system was confusing doesn't help me determine if the game is right for me.

Here's a better way to describe it (note I don't agree with this statement, but it's a good example): XC's skill tree system felt archaic and confusing. Upgrades along the tree did not feel significant for the combat, and a tiered affinity system made it difficult for me to identify how close or far you are from unlocking another level. Furthermore, the tutorial may be difficult to understand for newer players.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jedgamesguy

@iKhan Duncan is one of my favourite characters! I had no idea he existed until IGN helpfully pointed him out! And who could forget Rain!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Late

My Collector's Set is on its way. Got an email yesterday with a tracking number. I hope it arrives on Friday but knowing how slow delivery is here it'll probably take until next week.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dezzy

Hmmm well I preordered through Base.com and apparently they're sold out on their initial shipment, but they don't tell you if you're part of that initial shipment or not.

Impressive that it sold out though. Not many JRPGs do.

DenDen

Cant wait to give it a shot yeahh baby, its been a long time.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Dezzy

Digital Foundry did their thing. They didn't really cover too much of the details but agreed with my take that the resolution was disappointing.
Although they said it was better than XC2, so I guess that's a positive.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

The game is updated to version 1.1.1, of course don't know what the updates contain but it seemed odd that the game was still at version 1.0.0 yesterday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

That was pretty much everyone’s take.

The issue I saw, at least elsewhere, was the exaggerated, Armageddon-scenario talk

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I've heard enough to convince me that handheld mode is way more viable in this release, and basically looks like Xenoblade 2 when it wasn't divebombing in big environments, except with a superior sharpening solution, which is perfectly fine. Everybody with a Switch knows at this point that the sweet spot for big, open games in handheld mode is around 540p.

Xenoblade 2 looked gorgeous on the TV in 720p, and I expect this will be the same.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic