Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,302

Dezzy

I thought XCX had like 4 or 5 really good tracks. Whereas XC1 and XC2 both have like 10 good tracks. Those 2 games are probably my favourite game soundtracks ever. Even better than Final Fantasy games, which were always known for the best soundtracks.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

I thought XCX had like 4 or 5 really good tracks. Whereas XC1 and XC2 both have like 10 good tracks. Those 2 games are probably my favourite game soundtracks ever.

This is an odd thing to say considering I think there's significantly more than 10 songs in these games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

@Ralizah Wait... I never realized that before. My mind is blown, how did I not realize that?!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Zeldafan79

I've had the original Xenoblade on my Wii U for a while but never got around to finishing it. After the latest reveal i suddenly decided what the heck might as well get some practice in before the remaster comes out!
This game is pretty intimidating though. I'm one of those completionist types and the way i feel i gotta do every mission or sidequest in a game i wonder if I'll ever finish the thing. I've started Xenoblade twice before but something always pulls me away and i forget what i was even doing.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Dezzy

@Zeldafan79

I haven't 100%'d any of the Xenoblade games now I think of it.

Might make this my first time. Although I'm hoping they'd changed some of the side-quests to be more interesting.

Dezzy

One last thing I scavenged off the Japanese website. They made a cool little transition animation where it starts looking at the Bionis and Mechonis and then zooms into the Bionis Leg, where the characters are. You never see anything like this in the original game. Hopefully it's something they're adding for this version.

Anyway, I converted it to a gif. Hope this loads:

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Magician

The EU collectors edition is up on Amazon UK. No direct shipping to North America unfortunately. You would need to use a forwarding service. Best of luck to those interested. This will sell out quickly, guaranteed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086FJTPWB

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

That’s fair.

Even the best songs can wear if they are overused.

But I think the new LA theme at night, if you are going to overuse a song, that’s a good one to choose. It overstayed its welcome far longer than most music would have. At least for me.

Ughh... ughhh.... yaya... yaya... yaya... ugh ugh

Still hummin that song even now lol lol

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Dezzy That's super cool! Transitions like that would be amazing if they've been added for certain areas.

@Magician Thank you, sniped up a preorder with a forwarding service.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

They should have a transition like that for the beginning of every new area. Would be super cool to re-emphasize where you are on the Bionis at any given time. Some areas it's obviously really clear, like the Leg and the Fallen Arm, but some areas it's not that clear at all, like Colony 9 or Makna Forest.

kkslider5552000

I think it'd be cool if that was what happened every time you started up your save file. It's like a cooler version of what happens when you switch characters in GTA 5.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

It'd be even cooler if they incorporated it into the fast-travel system. So if you select fast-travel from the menu, it just takes you to the 3D models and Bionis and Mechonis, then you select an area by pointing to the place on each body. Then it waits a few seconds to load the area, before zooming in with a transition like that.

Tyranexx

I like aspects of XCX's soundtrack (such as Wir Fliegen and Oblivia's day theme), but both NLA themes wore a little thin after awhile. The problem was that you spend a good chunk of the game there. I wished that there was a sort of "radio" feature where you could change to a different sort of song every once in awhile.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

I remember loving the Noctilum and Oblivia day themes.

JoeDiddley

@Dezzy your gif as increased my hype. I hope my preorder isn’t delayed by the current crisis, although understandable if it is.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

JaxonH

I used a forwarding service to get the EU collector edition. Normally I just import directly but this time it was a bit of a hassle.

Really wanted that steelbook case to go alongside all my other Switch steelbook cases.

Untitled

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eric258

@JaxonH If you don't mind me asking, what service did you use? In Australia it seems like we aren't getting any sort of special edition for this game. I'm just really hoping to grab that artbook. Also that's an awesome collection!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

JaxonH

@Eric258
forward2me

It’s pricy though. I used to use Tenso for Amazon Japan when they’d wall off purchases. Could be $40-50 for forwarding shipping (fees included).

But to me that’s worth it because it’ll be cheaper than buying it from a scalper, and I hate supporting scalpers anyways. Rather support an actual business that helps people like us obtain out of reach merch

Eric258

@JaxonH Just had a look and yeah deffo pricey. Gotta debate if its worth spending just over $200 for the collectors edition. Might just stick with the special edition just with the artbook. Thanks tho!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic