Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,302

Heavyarms55

Having both Xenoblades on Switch is going to be so amazing. The Switch just keeps getting better.

If we eventually get decent retro support on NSO, then I would label the console perfect.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Quarth

@Dezzy WOW! Those shots... This game looks incredible. Hope the framerate is OK, with not too many dips.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

link3710

I know this is getting way ahead of myself, but in 20 or so years once ray tracing is standard I hope we see this get remastered again. The texture work and modeling is clearly top notch already, but running at a solid 1080p60 with realistic lighting? The shadows are the one thing in those screenshots that don't look top notch.

link3710

Magician

The Works Set is finally open to preorder on AmazonNA.

I would've preferred the European version, but $20 over msrp for a CE box and artbook seems like a bargain compared to what scalpers will be charging for the EU version.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086G5VT33

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@link3710

I think that's just because you're looking mostly at shadows that are far in the distance.

Open world games create shadows like this. So things close to the camera use a different quality than things far away (imagine the camera is at the bottom pointing upwards):

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

I don't think this has been posted yet. New track that was found once again on the Japanese site.
It's not clear exactly what it's for, but I'm guessing it's the general theme tune for the Shoulder.

I like it. Sounds like the theme song for a 90s police show or something:

Edited on by Dezzy

JaxonH

Wow. Those screenshots....

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

Oh boy, a new Xenoblade Chronicles track to listen to while I'm working! Thanks for the share @Dezzy!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

I've gotta say, I've never been a massive fan of the XC1 OST, but the subtle changes made to the reorchestrated DE tracks really bring them to life.

The entire game is going to sound better musically, on top of looking way better and having an improved U.I.

The new track sounds great, too. Like something out of Torna. Very jazzy.

I'm sold. The game is preloading on my Switch.

Time to finally play and beat Xenoblade 1.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@Ralizah Gaur Plains was already a great track (if not the most iconic track in XC) if you ask me, but I'll admit this arrangement is slightly better. Engage the Enemy on the other hand blows the original version out of the water, no contest. That new theme though, just shows how far the musical talent there has come.

link3710

Dezzy

link3710 wrote:

Engage the Enemy on the other hand blows the original version out of the water, no contest.

I didn't think the full version had been released yet?

Ralizah

@link3710 Yeah, the re-orchestrated version of Engage the Enemy (the first minute or so of it, at least) definitely benefits more, despite both tracks sounding absolutely fantastic. Really excited to hear what they do with other tracks in the game.

Heavyarms55

The music in this game was extraordinary! I have the original OST on CD and saved to my phone and still listen to it regularly. I hope these updated versions warrant a new OST release as well.

I actually have the OST for each game in the series. Great music!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

...Making awesome music even more so? Sold. Again. For the 489,618th time.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

link3710

@Dezzy it hasn't, but the first minute of the new version beats the entirety of the old one IMO.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

It stops right before the good bit though! I'm gonna need to hear more before making that comparison.

JaxonH

I still like the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack. For some reason it seemed to be divisive but I thought it’s music was every bit as good as the rest of the series. It was different, but I liked that.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

XCX's OST was awesome if you like Hiroyuki Sawano's music. Which I happen to. But it's VERY different from the style employed in the two mainline games.

♫ Don't lose your waaaaaaay~

kkslider5552000

The main NLA theme (and maybe a couple of others) are top tier examples of songs that were ruined by overuse in the game. Those are not songs meant to be played the hundreds of times I heard them over a single playthrough.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic