Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,302

link3710

@Dezzy If it's a Q1/early Q2 release, we'll see it in January/February. If it's the June release, we'll see it again in March/April. Otherwise, it won't show up again until E3 most likely. I'm honestly expecting nothing until E3, and everyone to be let down at each direct, and start panicking.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Even if it is a Q3 game, I'm sure they could easily scrape together another teaser trailer for the January Direct. Just another set of panning landscape shots and maybe a few action shots.
Don't see the rationale behind holding it back. It's not like when we were waiting for BotW and there was massive suspense about what we'd see. We know what we're getting here pretty much, there's no real suspense being built that needs to be released by some kind of grand reveal. They could just drop a new screenshot every month for this and that'd work.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Well what games do we have a launch window for in 2020 so far? Is it just Animal Crossing?

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy If you're just looking at Nintendo published, there's Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (January 17th) and Animal Crossing New Horizons (March 20th) with Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition being the only 2020 game without a launch window.

If you're looking at other stuff there's some others like Trials of Mana (April 24th) and Minecraft Dungeons (Spring 2020).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Well, just to throw out the titles from major studios:
January 14: Atlier Dusk Pack (Three PS3 titles)
January 17: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
January 23: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
February 14: Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate
February 25: Gods and Monsters
March 20: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
April 24: Trials of Mana
Q1:
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Minecraft Dungeons
Q2:
Empire of Sin

And then we have an absolutely boatload of games with a vague 2020, notably XIII, Treasurenauts, Battle for Bikini Bottom, Rune Factory 5, No More Heroes III, Little Nightmares II, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Digimon Survive, and Langrisser I & II HD Remastered, plus stuff that will likely slide in like Panzer Dragoon Remake from 2019.

Q1 is looking more than set when you take the smaller titles into account as well, which leaves Q2 a giant mystery. It's like Trials of Mana remake could have April with a Labo set since launching two major JRPGs at once isn't great, but May and June are still open slots for XC:DE.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

If Animal Crossing and Tokya Mirage Sessions are the only other things yet announced, it does seem possible that XC1 will be their third major exclusive in 2020. Meaning it will come out around June time?

Especially given that TMS is just a fairly straight port of a very niche game, and therefore not particularly big.

Dezzy

Yep. And given that it's mostly just a straight remaster, they probably do have some degree of control over how long it takes, because most of the work being done is just redoing textures and models into a higher def. That's the sort of thing you can just speed up by hiring more people.

Dezzy

@StephanDLW

The shoulder area was pretty much already finished in the original. Here's a video of someone exploring the whole thing. All it needs is people and sidequests.

Also it will look awesome in this new version because you'll be able to see the Mechonis in the distance from this point.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

If Animal Crossing and Tokya Mirage Sessions are the only other things yet announced, it does seem possible that XC1 will be their third major exclusive in 2020. Meaning it will come out around June time?

Especially given that TMS is just a fairly straight port of a very niche game, and therefore not particularly big.

First half of the year isn't usually as barren as it was this year though. Look at 2018 for example:

February - Bayonetta 1+2
March - Kirby Star Allies
April - Labo
May - DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
June - Sushi Striker, Mario Tennis Aces

I'd guess what happened was Fire Emblem got slightly delayed (Spring 2019 ends in June so was probably planned for May like other Fire Emblem games) and then you have the infamous Metroid rumour that keeps reappearing (Prime Trilogy), if that is at all real it probably was planned for February. With those in place you'd have your signature 1 game per month setup that Nintendo was aiming for.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yeah but those are just ports and more minor franchises. None of those is anywhere near as big as Animal Crossing.

Ninja84

I tried XC2 but it never caught me.. The primary problem was the combat system. How does the combat system in XC1 differ from XC2?

Edited on by Ninja84

Ninja84

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Well Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition isn't a new game so Nintendo may want June to go to a new game while XC ends up in one of those port slots.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

Ninja84 wrote:

I tried XC2 but it never caught me.. The primary problem was the combat system. How does the combat system in XC1 differ from XC2?

Fairly similar but different enough to change the feel of it.
The main difference is XC2 focuses on timing a lot more. XC1 is a bit more team-strategy based. There's a bit more emphasis on what the other characters are doing in XC1. Chain attacks are much more important in XC1.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Dezzy Well Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition isn't a new game so Nintendo may want June to go to a new game while XC ends up in one of those port slots.

I'd say a full remake of one of the biggest games Nintendo have ever made, is a much bigger deal than most new games they'd make today. I'd put it as a bigger release than something like Yoshi's Crafted World (even if it doesn't sell as much). But not as big as a new Pokemon or Animal Crossing game.
(this is my impression of the general value to the company, not my own preference. In my own preference, it comes above a new Pokemon or Animal Crossing easily. It comes above pretty much everything except a new Zelda or 3D Mario)

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

StephanDLW wrote:

@Ninja84
Aside from what @Dezzy said earlier, I'd also like to add that XC's combat is a lot less complex than XC2's combat. There are far fewer things you have to keep track of and the enemies aren't as spongy.

Yes that's definitely true. I should've mentioned that. You only really need to pay attention to 1 thing at a time in XC1, whereas in XC2, you need to pay attention to like 3 things at once.

link3710

XC1's combat means that I'll probably end up having it as my go to game for when I'm on the treadmill, it's the perfect kind of title for that where if you miss or delay an input you won't be punished. XC2 definitely felt like more attention and precision was required... well, if you were facing someone in your own level range anyways.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

You can play an RPG on the treadmill?

I play games while I'm on the exercise bike and I find I can only play games with some fast or consistent pace to them. RPGs I find almost impossible. I guess the difference is that you can't choose to just slow down on a treadmill though.

link3710

@Dezzy Honestly, RPGs, Visual Novels, and Puzzle games are the main thing I can play on treadmills. Platformers I'm too sloppy with the controls and kill myself a bunch usually, shooters are even worse (especially as I love using Gyro aiming), and fighting save for Smash is straight out. Strategy is fine only if it's turn-based. Basically, I'm a klutz who can't walk and do anything else simultaneously.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Do you have a controller with a big screen in front or are you running whilst holding a handheld?

link3710

@Dezzy The latter typically, or if I get the right one at the gym I'll detatch the Joycons.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic