Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 961 to 980 of 3,601

JaxonH

@maelis
The first monster I fought had the pendant.

Make sure you salvage from the point directly close to the Nopon.

@kyleforrester87
If it has an effect (like food) might wanna keep it. But treasure should be sold. You get more money by selling off full sets though. So you may want to hang onto it until you have a complete set to sell. You'll see what you have and what you're missing for a complete set when you visit the trader or whatever.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

So, I'm less than an hour into this so far, but I am REALLY liking what I've seen. The english voice acting is actually quite fun. The art style is unbelievably expressive and beautiful. The music is stunning. And don't even get me started on that lovely, atmospheric start screen. I really dig rain and thunderstorms, so those weather effects paired with the beautiful music really got to me.

Switched back and forth between TV and handheld mode a few times to check out the difference and... yeah, it's a pretty big difference. Nothing that destroys the appeal of handheld mode, of course, but I will be playing this on the TV whenever possible. The presence of handheld mode means that I'll constantly be chipping away at it, though, so it should be easier for me to persist with this than a purely home console game.

Have you always been able to zoom into a first person viewpoint in Xenoblade games? It was definitely an interesting discovery. If the camera moved with the platforming, it might have been an interesting way to play the game.

I was unsure about purchasing this, but I'm really happy that I took the plunge. Hopefully I keep enjoying this.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Pho

I've been avoiding this thread to avoid spoilers, but I just wanted to say I got my first rare blade! And it's one I like, Finch!

Edited on by Pho

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I just came to post about handheld mode.

I'm about 5 hours in. Just got Pyra a bit ago. So, it's looked fine this whole time. However, you notice a pretty big difference in the first open grass area you come across.

But, upon closer inspection, it takes a dip on the console too. Lower on TV and lower on handheld together. But I did notice a lot of it is just the effect of the blurry trees in the background (and it's an intentional blur, artistic choice to go with this approach over pop-in? Idk). But anyways it's just the outline of Rex against the backdrop of distant background assets it makes it look worse than it really is. When I panned the camera so that I could see his face against the outline of the grass it looked better. I mean it's still noticeably lower res, but it wasn't anything too extreme beyond what it normally looks like on handheld.

Now I am in another place. The second open area I've come across. And this time it looks a lot better. You're not standing in a field that stretches 20 miles as far as the eye can see, and it looks decent.

So I can now more fully appreciate what people were talking about and where all of this stems from. But aside from that one quick area, it looks as good as it always did. Which is naturally a little lower res then I think most people would've hoped for but... I think it still looks good. It's nothing distracting. When I play it yeah I can notice it's not quite as good but after two seconds that quickly fades and it just looks like the game.

Idk. But I wanted to report back now that I've been to the open areas.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
Are Blades necessary has to be collected all ?
Because it seems Blades mostly are Lolita Girls that i have NO Interest about, except for some Cool looking Blades both male and female. Tsuki Blades was very disturbing for me. Her boobs, tho....
But i was Shocked by the return of.....
KOSMOS Re: !!!

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@JaxonH Oh yeah, I heard the game really seems to dip big time in the resolution department in the really open areas. Maybe they'll improve this aspect of the game with patches.

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah You could do first person in X

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@YummyHappyPills Cool. I need to test that out the next time I play XCX.

Inertiacreep

@Anti-Matter dude, you are really going to be at a disadvantage if you don't try to get the rare blades.. no you don't have to open core crystals but the game will probably be really hard.

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Also, i love KOS MOS more than anybody in the world, but i wish they didn't put her in this game because it doesn't make sense.. the most conflicting thing is that KOS MOS is a fighter.. like she should be a driver, not a blade.. she's just going to stand back and power Rex when she herself is like the ultimate killing machine? Really bothers me.

Inertiacreep

ChibiKage89

I was surprised when Gramps flew, thanks for the rescue Gramps. Now 4 hours in and Nia got captured, my poor besty

I'm a lets player and live streamer at https://www.youtube.com/ChibiKage89
Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Minecraft

Tasuki

So, I am thinking of picking this up in the next few days. However I never played the first one so before I pick it up would I need to play the first one to understand or enjoy this one?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SKTTR

Replayed all of my lost progress and now in chapter 3. Got a different Blade from that crystal this time.

@Tasuki: No, you don't need to play any game in the series to understand and enjoy Xenoblade 2.
The "Xenoblade" is something completely different in each game, but somehow fits everytime.
The world and the characters are also different from each game and there's no story connection (as far as I can see, I'm not that far into Xeno2 yet).

There are some old enemies and a certain race in Xenoblade 2 that were already part of XenoX and Xeno1,
but other than that and the similiarties in gameplay, every Xenoblade game stands on its own. Pretty much like Final Fantasy.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Late

@Kingkasper I personally don't have a problem with the handheld mode. I've played Xenoblade on TV once to see how it looks. Sure it looked a bit nicer but the gameplay is still the same. Playing on handheld doesn't effect my experience negatively in any meaningful way.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

3DSWiiUFanatic

Anyone else experiencing controller issues with XC2?
Sometimes the joy con stick gets "stuck" so the character keeps running even when I've stopped pushing it, and overall seems very sluggish in response. It was working fine until I was in a cut scene for a story quest I think and when I came out the controller response was off. I may try restarting the system, but wondering if this has been discussed here, or in another thread.

3DSWiiUFanatic

Tasuki

@SKTTR @Knighty_IX Ok that's good to know. Unfortunately I don't have any means of playing the other 2 games since my Wii is packed away and my Wii U is at my brothers place so he can play Zelda. As for Gears and Saga, yeah don't really what to pay the high price those games call for.

My Backlog

Inertiacreep

@Tsurii the baby amu or whatever they're called? I saw it was targetable and started attacking it just to see but then ran away so i didn't kill it?
I was wondering what would happen though.

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@Tasuki what kind of price do the xenosaga games fetch? I have all 3 and all this time i never even thought about how these are a bit of a rarity now.
These are practically my favorite games ever but it's so long since i played them.. at most I've only played through the series like twice... you know, i think after i finish XC2 im going to have the itch to play through them, but i will definitely play them on an emulator to see them higher quality than i ever have.
Whatever price people are asking for them, it is worth it..
Actually what is gears going for now days as well? I also have a copy of that stashed away, except it's not in basically new condition like my saga copies.

Inertiacreep

Late

@Kingkasper Yes, I know what it looks like on handheld. I've ran around that town for couple of hours while playing in handheld mode. And no, it doesn't bother me. I also never addressed the part about if it could look better. I just said that it doesn't bother me personally. I'm currently studying programming and working as an intern in a gaming company. Yet, I can't say if it's possible to make this game look better in handheld mode without making other sacrifices. It's not that easy.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tasuki

@Inertiacreep Ok well after looking it up they don't seem to be going for too much now. I know a few years ago they were going for a pretty high price. Now it just seems maybe you can get $50 the most for them.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic