Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 941 to 960 of 3,602

Ralizah

@Azooooz Yeah, the battle theme in this game is AMAZING. Like, probably one of the best I've ever heard. Head and shoulders above the themes in the other games.

@JaxonH For a tablet that's a fraction of the size of actual stationary home consoles, the Switch is amazing.

@Tsurii Thanks for thinking of me, but I think I'll be getting the game either way at this point. Clearly the game runs well enough in handheld mode.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Late

I certainly didn't expect to find an NPC called Pekka. I thought a shop called Tomi Fishmongers was just a coincidence but now I must find out how many Finnish names there are and who is behind them. Gotta pay attention to credits if I am ever able to finish the game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

SKTTR

@Hughesy Just like Galenmereth explained, it seems like it renders stuff in the distance different (on a closer radius) than in XenoX, combined with that painty cel-shady artstyle and overabundance of environmental effects it comes across distinctively blurrier. Maybe Rex is just short-sighted.

And what an oversight with the stripped down map and the one-time tutorials. Feels almost rushed.

I'm only 10 hours in compared to my 380h XenoX and 250h Xeno1 time, and while I think Xeno2 does it best when it comes to characters, sidequests and screentext font size, everything else is a step down from the other other two games atm.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

After dying, the game just turned black and couldn't bring me to my last checkpoint.

I lost 7 hours of progress (from Level 12 back to Level 6 - from the end of Chapter 2 back to the starting point of Chapter 2), of course all the secrets and sidequests, the Blades I got, the people I talked to, the chests I opened, the money and items I farmed are gone as well, since there is no autosave.

My advice: Save often. I learned the hard way to save every time I level up or get another Blade. The game is a little broken.

After my intitial issues with the game I hoped it would eventually get better, but it doesn't even try.

Edited on by SKTTR

Late

@SKTTR Derrick from GameXplain also noted that in his review. During his playtime (80 hours or so if I remember correctly), the game froze twice. I think only one of those times involved losing progress. It seems to be quite rare but he also gave an advice to save often just in case. I tend to play a maximum of 2 hours at a time so it won't be a problem for me if it happens once or twice during my playthrough. I can't even imagine losing 7 hours. I hope they'll be able to fix the bug soon.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Hughesy

@QwertyQwerty It’s locked at 900p docked, XCX was 720p.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Hughesy

@QwertyQwerty Source is I’m playing it and haven’t noticed the resolution dip in 10 or so hours of play. Don’t worry I’m sure DF will get on it. But it looks great, maybe because I have a high end 4k tv that upscales the image helps, compare to people using cheaper 1080p tv’s. There was also an interview talking about it a while back, but I can’t remember where.

Edited on by Hughesy

Anti-Matter

@SKTTR
How do i Save the game ?
Go to Save Crystal or Save anywhere ?

Anti-Matter

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter Anywhere outside of battles or cutscenes press minus-button (it's a shortcut, just like X-button is a shortcut to the fast travel menu)

Edited on by SKTTR

JaxonH

@Anti-Matter

Start +
Options
Save

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Hughesy

The only thing I don’t like at all is the map. Why it’s there no way to bring it up and look at it properly, seems an odd thing in a large game like this.

Ralizah

So, I've been hemming and hawing about getting this, but I finally just decided to download it! Can't wait to play fully portable Xenoblade!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CroRock

2 hours in and I’m just blown away with everything this game had to offer me atm. I LOVE anime style graphics, love the music, characters... even English dub. I started with Japanese voices but tried eng and didn’t switch back.. for now.
As for handheld graphics... I really don’t see a problem with it. I’m not graphics freak and played recently XC1 on wii u gamepad so this is HUGE improvement.
Like I said, maybe it’s early to judge game as a whole but so far so good!

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock

Been playing in handheld at work today. Looks solid.

I think it was just a combination of being a bit less than 720p (probably 600p? That's my guess) and the zoomed out view makes characters so small you lose alot of detail and fidelity. I zoom it in until Rex's feet are flush with the bottom of the screen and it looks incredible.

Honestly, if there's wasn't a commotion about it I would have never once even thought about it looking sub par or lesser than.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CroRock

@JaxonH payed just a bit in hanheld but I’ll bring it in my bed soon so I’ll take your advice and play with zooming if graphics will bother me. But I really don’t think that’ll be the case because game is soooo good I’d be fine even if it runs in 420p or less.
I made so many calls and run so many kilometers today for this game and it’s worth all of my efforts to get this gem today!
It’s good if not better then BOTW imo

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Dezzy

The Gamexplain review really went mental over the combat. How is it any better than the previous 2?
I thought the combat in XCX was pretty awesome.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kyleforrester87

So straight up, what do I do with all this stuff I'm finding? I got 16 panda pansy, 14 cranberry bell, 10 meaty carrot, etc

Is this all just to sell or should I be doing something with it?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

maelis

Hello

I have a question on a quest : it is the one where a nopon is 1000th late to his shift^^ (in the very beginning of the game).
i need to find a pendant in the deck area from a monster (by fishing apparently) but i tried to scavenge and fight some monsters but none of them had the pendant!! what should i do to finish this quest please?

maelis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic