Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,602

Anti-Matter

SKTTR wrote:

After playing Xeno2 the whole day, I'm a bit disappointed. The start was great, nice intro, interesting characters, good story progression, neat interface. But right off the bat, graphics and music are notably worse than in Xenoblade X. It's blurrier, way more framedrops (even in cutscenes), has more pop-up, and more stupid fog and annoying weather effects. The music in the first open grass area in particular feels like a stolen/remixed German pop song and it's hard to get over it. I hope I can leave this place early.

Controls seem very floaty. Platforming is a chore.

The battles seem a step back from both prequels, but maybe it's just a slow start and I can get into overdrive and cool stuff later.

There's so much stuff to craft and upgrade now, and many things to learn. Overcomplicate it much?
So I need a ton of Blades just to open chests or examine bubbles in the water?

The new map system is also lame, had much better time exploring in Xeno1 and XenoX.
Having more than 4 clicks to open the map is crazy, and I thought L.A. Noire with 2 clicks was bad.

And what is all the stuff for? I tried to put an item into the pocket slot. Its effect was only time-limited and a waste of money.

I try to get that "golden" connection between me and my Blade to rise trust, but battles just get longer and more boring because of it. Also, why adding more Blades in the first place, when my first Blade is still an underleveled slow loser that takes hours to grind to be of good use?

What's up with stupid treasure chests and its contents bursting out into all directions, and often down an abyss?

Instead of blue crystal items we now how even less fun blue examine spots. :/

Why is the Japanese voice pack not on the cart? 13GB + 800 MB = 13,8GB would fit on a 16GB cartridge.

Anyone having the Expansion Pass? How helpful are its contents right now?

Hooo....
Is Xenoblade 2 really complicated ?
I think i agree with your opinion about Battle System.
The Battle System seems very Complicated to me , even until latest trailer i still don't really understand how to Maximize Character development. Is it like FF X or FF XII or FF XIII ? I still have no idea.

About Blades, after i saw from Youtube, some of them has very boring design, some of them are interesting but still Too many Moe Girls. Only KOSMOS (from Xenosaga) that really made me Shocked.

The music at Argentum was pretty good but boring after several minutes. The dialogues filled with Very Unusual texts, took longer time for me to understand their dialogues.

Last part that i still wonder, where is the MECHA like Xenoblade X or Xenosaga or Xenogears ? Will they use MECHA on Last Chapter ?

Anti-Matter

CroRock

@YummyHappyPills you finally got your copy I should be playing it right now if my local store isn’t a one big mess! Somehow they managed to order just 8 copies for whole city where I live. 2 per store. Games didn’t even arrived at stores and were sold out. They hold my reservation (I hope) and will call me later today.

After so much complications I hope game won’t disappoint me like @SKTTR. His post was a bit let down for me so it’s time to stop reading reviews and this thread. Thoughts about XC2 are so mixed about everything from graphics to gameplay.. and all in between.. It’s so confusing. Now I’m even more pumped for getting my hands on game. Not because of hype but now more of curiosity.
I mean.. it can’t be that bad.. graphics in Xenoblade 1 were bad, and I still have nightmares about those fugly faces, and while Xenoblede X was great, I never managed to get much futher from obtaining skells because I couldn’t stand anymore those tiny little text size that caused my eyes bleed. That was a real game breaking point for me. I hope I won’t find game breakers in this one 🤞

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Inertiacreep

How can anyone complain about the music? That just makes me think you are trying to not like the game if you're telling yourself these outstanding musical compositions are anything but.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the best game on switch, one of the best RPGs ever, the best game of 2017 and in the top 3 best video game soundtracks of all time.

Inertiacreep

GoldenGamer88

Played for a good two hours now and I gotta say - I‘m loving it! Like REALLY loving it. It‘s already off to a way better start than X, and maybe even XC1. The music is just bombastic! Though, I must admit I changed to japanese VA as soon as I was given the chance.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

erv

So I'm just done with the first chapter. I'm absolutely loving it so far!

I still don't understand some base mechanics like blade combos, as I only get the one special attack and nothing else. And how to get that affinity up... Just nothing you can do to steer it so it seems.

I'm not seeing the added complexity yet that everybody is talking about. I mean, three arts and auto stuff should be less of a deal right?

Oh well I'll see when I progress. Brilliant game for sure

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

GoldenGamer88

@Inertiacreep Ain‘t it a bit early to say that? I mean, I‘m preeeeetty sure you‘re not even close to being done with this game. Don‘t get me wrong, though, I applaud your enthusiasm. Over-Enthusiasm is a whole different beast entirely, though ...

Reignmaker

Count me among those that got scared away hearing about the low resolution in handheld mode. Will likely wait around longer and see how things settle. I generally do about 70% of my playing in handheld so it’s kinda a big deal to me.

Edited on by Reignmaker

Reignmaker

Inertiacreep

@GoldenGamer88 although i haven't finished it, not even close, people who have and love the game said the quality in the beginning lasts the whole way through and i have no reason to doubt the rest of the game.. if i change my mind ill certainly admit it.

This game is 2017s equivalent of what FF7 was when it released.. or FF6 or Chrono Trigger when they released... any JRPG fan not playing this is missing out on JRPG history.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

cadaver138

From the trailers I was one of the people who didn't like the voice acting. After getting the game I decided to hold off downloading the Japanese audio to give English a try.
The voice acting itself isn't bad. It just seems like no voice fits with the character. I'll keep at it but I think now if anything will make me switch to Japanese it's not the main story but the random chatter during and just after combat. I've already heard these lines so many times.
I'm still not far in. But I'm enjoying it so far. And can't wait to have a day off and get properly into it

cadaver138

Inertiacreep

@cadaver138 i think all of the voices are just a perfect fit, even rex is great.. but Pyra.. idk her voice just does not fit Pyra to me.. they should have pick someone with a ditzier voice.

Inertiacreep

GoldenGamer88

Inertiacreep wrote:

people who have and love the game said the quality in the beginning lasts the whole way through and i have no reason to doubt the rest of the game.. if i change my mind ill certainly admit it.

That may be true but I‘d rather finish (or in my case complete) the game first and form my own opinions from there rather than jumping prematurely onto bandwagons.

Hughesy

@SKTTR How can it blurrier than XCX when it runs at a higher resolution than it. Must be your TV, looks sharp to me and the graphics look lovely. I run my PC games at 4k now, but still think this game looks great.

Edited on by Hughesy

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Hughesy

I’ve actually grown to really like the English voiceover. I did actually download the Japanese ones, but stuck with English and I’m glad I did, I especially like Pyra’s voice.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Azooooz

I liked this battle theme. Probably not gonna spoil myself with other battle music as I know there is better than this one.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

JaxonH

I think people are having issues with resolution detection for this game on their TV. They must, because it looks sharp and crisp to me. I actually heard someone saying something of the sort. Try forcing 1080p instead of automatic. Idk.

Combat doesn't seem any slower to me than any other Xeno game. And the UI is like the opposite of messy. Compared to XCX the UI is a dream!

I do agree about the map though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

cadaver138

I played the mission on the ship where you meet pyra on my TV and it looked pretty bad. But this is the first switch game I've played on the new 4k TV since I got it so I put it down to me not finding the best settings for displaying 1080p on it yet

cadaver138

Haruki_NLI

The game quite clearly runs above the 720p of X

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Inertiacreep

I played for like an hour in handheld yesterday.. in the open fields depending on the camera position, the dynamic resolution can drop a little low, but the framerate stays smooth all the time and considering it's just a little handheld screen, personally if i wanted to play this game i wouldn't be hung up about it.. especially considering you get 5 hours playtime in handheld.... most of the time the resolution is going to look good... if it looks bad just adjust the camera a little.

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

Ya. It runs 900p same as Skyrim.

I mean, Switch isn't that powerful. It is- it's a beast. But compared to other consoles not so much. I think people are still coming to terms with what Switch is capable of. I play on a 4KTV and it looks fine.

Maybe that'll change, but Idk why it would. I spent my first 4 hours doing sidequests and salvaging and the like. Just got on ship to leave before I passed out.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kyleforrester87

I enabled Full RGB on the Switch (it was on auto until now) and dropped the sharpness down to 30 from 50 on my Samsung KS7000. Does seem quite a bit nicer as a result.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic