Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 901 to 920 of 3,602

Hughesy

Playing it in handheld mode for the first time, it looks great, the person that said it looked pretty similar to Xenoblade on 3DS is looking pretty silly right now🤣

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Haruki_NLI

@Hughesy So I just got some mail. 8pm on launch day, with a UK Mail label stuck over the Yodel one. Wonder what happened there.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Hughesy

@YummyHappyPills So it’s arrived? That’s awesome, better late than never😆 Very odd that’s its two different couriers.

Edited on by Hughesy

Krull

Great to see all the Xenoblade excitement on this thread! Had to come here after reading the Kotaku review, which was a pail of cold water. Then went to the RPGamer site - phew...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

GoldenGamer88

Only one last good nights sleep before I can go to Alrest myself! The CE box looks great on the top shelf next to Persona 5‘s, the Switch‘s and BotW‘s boxes.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Ralizah

@Krull That review is full of howlers.
1) "[I]t’s hard to take emotional cutscenes seriously when the camera spends so much time leering at the game’s various scantily clad women."
2) "The English script, handled by Nintendo of Europe rather than Nintendo’s talented Treehouse group, is full of that kind of stilted, unnatural dialogue." (Kotaku also complained about the translation in Persona 5: basically, any decent localization that hasn't been warped by translators with a political agenda)
3) Constant complaints about how complicated the game is.

As if I wasn't already sold enough on the game to begin with.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

I'm loving it so far, just loving it.

What else can I say...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Hughesy

@JaxonH Plenty, but nothing else really needs to be said.

What I will say is I haven’t found it difficult finding my way in the game and learning the systems, so I don’t get why people have complained about tutorials, if a complete noob to the series can understand it all with the information given, then I’d say they’ve done a good job.

I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but it’s just so wonderful to play. Yet another hit on the Switch😊

JaxonH

@Hughesy
It's simply incredible!

There's a reason Xenoblade is my favorite RPG of all time. Gosh dang it feels good to be back in another Xeno game. This one already feels like the pinnacle of the series. An amalgamation of everything Takahashi has learned. Throwbacks and nods to Xenoblade, X, and even Xenosaga.

This game is just so dang good!

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kyleforrester87

Okay so err

1) anyway to escape from tough battles? I am finding myself being jumped by high level enemies. Or should I just give them the run around?

2) your blade abilities (I.e the burn one with Pyra).. I can't see the gauge filling up anywhere. The option to activate it with just seems to appear after so much combat. Am I missing something there?

3) And combos are just swoooosh over my head at the moment!

kyleforrester87

Cynas

@kyleforrester87
1. It's best to avoid being caught from higher level enemies. You'll most likely come back to those locations later and be strong enough to beat them. It's kinda a staple of the Xenoblade series to have really tough enemies scattered among the ones you're able to fight. If you accidentally trigger a fight and you're having troubles you can hold down R and press B to put away your weapon which will allow you to run faster so you can hopefully escape the enemy.

2. There's a small orange bar that goes up with each auto attack. It circles around the diamond, going clockwise. When it goes all the way around the art is able to be used. If you go to the page in the menu where you can manage and equip arts, it'll tell you how many auto attacks it takes to activate the art as well. For specials it fills up when you use arts and can be powered up to level 4. Don't forget the special will be charged faster if you use an art right after an auto attack.

3. I'm not too far into the game and this special system is new to the series, but from what I gathered if you use your special attack, your party member can combo with theirs as long as it's one level higher. I think you can see the level of theirs from their icon on the left side of the screen. I might be wrong on this though. Unless you're referring to the Break > Topple > Launch > Smash combo. For that you just need to use arts that cause that status effect to an enemy and you have to do it in that order.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

JaxonH

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition + Pro Controller

Edited on by JaxonH

Inertiacreep

@Knighty_IX im not watching these lol.. i think I'm at chapter 4 now i can't quite remember.. but now i have 2 torturous 12 hour shifts before ill be able to really get back into it for 4 more days off work.
This game is SO good i would have easily straight played another 5-10 hours if i didn't work tonight and i seriously cannot remember another game having me this hooked it's insane.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

So how many rare blades did you guys get from core crystals so far? I've gotten 3 at 10 hours in.. my first one was from a plain core crystal and my other 2 came from the better core crystals. The last one i opened was exactly the blade i wanted the most.. i don't remember her name, but the brown girl with never ending bouncing t**s.
Now the one i really want is like the last or 2nd to the last at the bottom.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

SKTTR

After playing Xeno2 the whole day, I'm a bit disappointed. The start was great, nice intro, interesting characters, good story progression, neat interface. But right off the bat, graphics and music are notably worse than in Xenoblade X. It's blurrier, way more framedrops (even in cutscenes), has more pop-up, and more stupid fog and annoying weather effects. The music in the first open grass area in particular feels like a stolen/remixed German pop song and it's hard to get over it. I hope I can leave this place early.

Controls seem very floaty. Platforming is a chore.

The battles seem a step back from both prequels, but maybe it's just a slow start and I can get into overdrive and cool stuff later.

There's so much stuff to craft and upgrade now, and many things to learn. Overcomplicate it much?
So I need a ton of Blades just to open chests or examine bubbles in the water?

The new map system is also lame, had much better time exploring in Xeno1 and XenoX.
Having more than 4 clicks to open the map is crazy, and I thought L.A. Noire with 2 clicks was bad.

And what is all the stuff for? I tried to put an item into the pocket slot. Its effect was only time-limited and a waste of money.

I try to get that "golden" connection between me and my Blade to rise trust, but battles just get longer and more boring because of it. Also, why adding more Blades in the first place, when my first Blade is still an underleveled slow loser that takes hours to grind to be of good use?

What's up with stupid treasure chests and its contents bursting out into all directions, and often down an abyss?

Instead of blue crystal items we now how even less fun blue examine spots. :/

Why is the Japanese voice pack not on the cart? 13GB + 800 MB = 13,8GB would fit on a 16GB cartridge.

Anyone having the Expansion Pass? How helpful are its contents right now?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Haruki_NLI

1.5 hourd in. Been introduced to so much already. I love it.

I think ill prefer the structure and exploration of X more, weirdly, but so far mhmmmmm.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic