Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 861 to 880 of 965

Dezzy

Interview in gameinformer:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/xenoblade_chronicles_2/b/sw...

Great stuff.
He seems fairly clear that it's not actually a sequel to the first game. The title is just because it's structure is similar to the first.
So there goes my theory that Shulk is the Architect.
Oh and a location we haven't seen before (I assume that's the town on the industrial desert one):

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

QwertyQwerty

Know how Lin from XBCX had two Monado pins in her hair? Just noticed Pyra has two X's like the Xenoblade X teasers on her breast and ribbon.

Coincidence? Probably.

Edited on by QwertyQwerty

QwertyQwerty

kkslider5552000

I hope that means that in the next Xenoblade game, someone has an accessory that's just a "2" for no reason.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Ralizah

Dezzy wrote:

He seems fairly clear that it's not actually a sequel to the first game. The title is just because it's structure is similar to the first.

That's fantastic! Clears up my one last lingering hesitation about this game.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Knighty_IX

Speculations...

So Pyra is Da'at or (Tree of) Knowledge, the placement of her chamber on the Tree of Life/Path of Sephiroth engraving is on top of Da'at and the concealment/revelation of the Divine Light (Mythra, or her Japanese name: Hikari meaning Light) further supports the connection. Daath is produced from the conjunction of Chockmah and Binah, which Chokmah (Wisdom) and Binah (Understanding) combine into Tiphareth (Beautiful Path).
video

The World Tree is widely used as a motif that could be referring to the Tree of Knowledge or the Tree of Life from biblical scriptures

Elysium "Paradise" is the Garden of Eden that remains concealed on the World Tree.

The Architect "Divine Father" as god?

The Legend of Elysium is similar to The Fall of Man, humanity sins in some way that probably has something to do with Pyra considering her "Knowledge" could've been used for evil (Fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil) that might've consequentially lead to their exile. Aftermath of using the Fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil, the Architect sent out his loyal servants called Titans that allude to both the Seven Deadly Sins (Evil) and Seven Holy Virtues (Good)?

Seven Deadly Sins Titans

Argentum (Avaritia) Greed/Avarice
Gormott (Gula) Gluttony
Indol (Acedia/Accidia) Sloth
Mor Ardain (Superbia) Pride
Uraya (Invidia) Envy
Torna (Ira) Wrath
??? (Lussuria) Lust

Four Benevolent Animals (Chinese Constellations) Titans, I guess Nia's and Vandham's Blades are Titans as well

Genbu (Black Tortoise) North, Winter Season
Azurda (Azure Dragon) East, Spring Season
Byakko/Dromarch? (White Tiger) West, Autumn Season
Suzaku/Roc? (Vermilion Bird) South, Summer Season

Seven Holy Virtues Titans

Temperantia (Temperantia) Temperance
??? (Castitas) Chastity
Leftherian Titans? (Caritas/Liberalitas) Charity
??? (Industria) Diligence
??? (Patientia) Patience
??? (Humanitas) Gratitude
??? (Humilitas) Humility

The power to sunder Alrest itself...500 years ago during the Aegis War, the Aegis sank three continents to the Cloud Sea's bed.

Perhaps three of the Seven Holy Virtues Titans were destroyed? And could the Aegis War be a war against the Architect himself that would've lead to humanity's exile? Expelled from Paradise? Uhm... coincidence?

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

Snaplocket

@SLIGEACH_EIRE It bugs me there's so much emphasis on the Japanese voice actors and yet the English ones aren't even mentioned despite being better in my opinion.

Snaplocket

Dezzy

I think they're probably making the most of the fact that this is the first time Japan might buy the crap out of a Xenoblade game.
I was wondering if the anime style was chosen for that reason too.

Dezzy

Chandlero wrote:

@kkslider5552000 And what will be the name of the next Xenoblade game: Xenoblade Chronicles Y? Xenoblade Chronicles X2? Xenoblade Chronicles Zero?

I am so confused about the names now

It sounds like he's saying (in the gameinformer article) that they partially went back to numbers because it'd be a mess otherwise. So I'm guessing it'll just be XC3 next. Assuming the series continues.
It can't have been THAT profitable so far.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy I heard Xenoblade X did well in Japan and wasn't Shulk largely wanted by the Japanese fanbase in Smash.

Snaplocket

Inertiacreep

I am pretty sure if they do another Xenoblade it will be XC3... but I actually hope he makes a new Xeno game.. something different even though Im more anxious for XC2 than any game in my life... because honestly after Xenosaga, Xenoblade just lets me down.

Inertiacreep

SKTTR

I'd rather have XCX2, but for now I'm fine with just XC2. ^^

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

If the VGChartz numbers are right, the first 2 games performed almost identically in all 3 main regions.

Neither did particularly well in Japan.

Luna_110

I hope we get XCX2, I need the resolution to the cliffhanger.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

@Luna_110

The resolution was 720p.

Luna_110

@Dezzy
Um... I meant the conclution, not the game's resolution.

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

@Luna_110

I know. I'm extremely mischievous.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic