Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,602

MarcelRguez

@AlternateButtons

MarcelRguez wrote:

This is why I'm opposed to stuff like seasons passes in general. I'd rather see those resources invested in something else. If, collectively, all those resources can't bring another game into existence, I'd still rather see them used to either improve an upcoming game even further or to finish another project faster. This is especially true in Monolith's case, since I'm sure this extra content will be delegated onto the team that traditionally helps with other titles like Mario Kart or Zelda.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FX102A

Honestly not too bothered about the DLC pass since the stuff I'm actually interested in sounds like its still in development as its like a year away from release; so just like an expansion pack of old; development likely began after XC2's main game was complete. Also will likely inspire me to play the game again.

At least the only "Day 1 DLC" are a few items meant to make the game that micron bit easier so no worries there.

I still have to pick up the Breath of the Wild pass once the second bit of DLC is released.

FX102A

SLIGEACH_EIRE

The way I see this expansion pack is that rather than finish the game wholly and release it in a year for €60, they're now taking the approach of giving so much for the base price and charge an extra 50% for the last year of work. Do people even know what they're getting? Will it be 50% more content seeing as it's 50% of the base price? I think we all know the answer to that? I'm guilty of blindly buying DLC as well. Bought the MK8 DLC and the recent BOTW Season Pass with no idea of what I'd get exactly for my money.

People can defend it all they like, it's another form of DLC. Lootboxes, amiibo, paywalls, etc. All these companies are guilty of trying to leech more money out of customers. I can tell you and I've said it before, watch SMO do the same thing soon enough. It's just that after the lynching that Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle got for announcing DLC before it even came out, Nintendo are going to wait a while before saying anything. They're not doing this for our benefit, they're doing this because there's more money in it for them for less effort.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ralizah

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

The way I see this expansion pack is that rather than finish the game wholly and release it in a year for €60, they're now taking the approach of giving so much for the base price and charge an extra 50% for the last year of work.

This is based on... what inside knowledge?

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Do people even know what they're getting? Will it be 50% more content seeing as it's 50% of the base price? I think we all know the answer to that? I'm guilty of blindly buying DLC as well. Bought the MK8 DLC and the recent BOTW Season Pass with no idea of what I'd get exactly for my money.

Then don't pay money for DLC when you don't know how worthwhile it is. That's the strategy I've adopted with regard to BotW and M+R, and it'll extend to Xenoblade 2 as well. I'll think about paying extra AFTER I know what I'll be getting.

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

People can defend it all they like, it's another form of DLC.

Well, obviously.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jhena

My only hope is that the additional challenge mode wont be a new difficulty mode like the master mode in zelda. The game seems to be big. Not really looking forward to do everything again. But here i am replaying zelda for the third time^^

Im not really sure what to think of season passes yet. I mean witcher 3 was incredible but not every developer is cdproject red. Zeldas master trials are a nice challenge but not quite what i was looking for in the game. Like pretty much everyone else im waiting for the story content. But i wouldnt be planning to also buy xenoblade 2s season pass day one if i wouldnt be a bit optimistic about seasons passes.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

jtmnm

No issue with the expansion pack at all. In fact, I'm excited for it! Everyone here is talking about the expansion pack, but no one has addressed the Blade reveals.

Untitled

Mech Blades confirmed. I'm also curious about the BotW quest. Should be interesting!

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm glad Nintendo's taking this approach with more of their franchises, I don't want 100% completion of base games to be "this is it, move on to something else". Like take Fire Emblem Warriors for example, the Fates DLC will either have been released already or close to release by the time I've 100%'d the base game. Then by the time I 100% the Fates DLC, the Shadow Dragon DLC will be out, etc.

In the Nintendo Switch thread I detailed the bonus content for this year's big first party Switch games and only 3 hasn't had extra content (MK8 Deluxe, Pokken DX and Super Mario Odyssey). I think the most suitable solution to that would be free content updates for Pokken DX, DLC packs for MK8 Deluxe and an expansion pass for Super Mario Odyssey though it's been long enough that I only see the latter happening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jtmnm

@AlternateButtons I can imagine a silly meshing of the lore being told by some NPC; a Nopon, if I could pick. How great would that be?

jtmnm

JaxonH

Screw it. Preloaded digitally (still have the physical version because I have to have my physical games). I want this classic permanently on my Switch.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I highly recommend that people read the above interview, that's if you're interested of course, it's very insightful. The combat sounds really, really deep. And you can't cheat when opening core crystals as the game saves as soon as you do so, so you can't reset and try again. The core crystals are used for unlocking Blades.

Edit: It sounds smaller than X.

Finding Blades is just one part of the exploration. Monolith dialed back from Xenoblade X in terms of surface area, but that doesn't mean there's not much to do. "Because this game is story-driven, I don't think that an open world is necessarily appropriate," Takahashi explains. "And I feel that we were able to make a game [with a world] that's really appropriate and really supports the story-driven aspect of this game. For example, if you compare it to Xenoblade 1, there's plenty of places [and worlds] to explore; but when you look at simple surface area, it might be a little bit smaller than Xenoblade Chronicles X. Like I mentioned, I don't think that such a vast space is necessary, so instead of focusing on increasing the raw surface area, we thought it was more important to increase the density and pack in as much variety in design [as possible], and for people to be able to enjoy the changing landscape as they traverse and explore this world."

And possibly shorter.

Monolith is still dedicated to providing a lengthy RPG. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has only 10 chapters, and when I was brought into chapter four we were only around the 45-hour mark. "As you may or may not have expected, the playtime required to beat this game is a little on the high side," Takahashi says. "If you just play the mainline story, there's still enough to probably be comparable to Xenoblade 1, but like in past Xeno series, if you are just playing the main story, there might be times where you encounter a boss or an enemy that's actually a little bit too tough or very tough for you to beat. I strongly recommend taking side roads, taking the time to explore different areas, defeating monsters, picking up items, leveling your character up, [and] doing quests."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SKTTR

I remember the time when the "Limited Edition" of Xenoblade Chronicles launched on retail at 59,99€ and it came with a red "Classic Controller Pro" - the equivalent of the Switch Pro Controller - for free! Now the limited editions for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 don't have a controller. You have to buy the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Controller separately for 89,99€.

I remember also a time when all our 59,99€ copies of Xenoblade Chronicles X launched with all the DLC hardcoded into the game, for free (like Disgaea 5 Complete). In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you have to buy the Expansion Pass for 29,99€.

I can't believe how cheap the games and controllers were on Wii and Wii U and how expensive gaming got this generation.
When I bought the Limited Edition of Zelda: Skyward Sword for 59,99€ it came with a Golden Zelda Wiimote Plus included for free! Imagine BotW having a Zelda-style Switch controller included.
I got the red Wiimote Plus for free with Wii Play Motion. Imagine 1-2-Switch having a red Joy-Con for free.
Got a black Wiimote Plus for free with FlingSmash. Imagine Snipperclips Plus coming with a standard grey Joy-Con.
Got a white Wiimote Plus and a tablet stand for free with Wii Party U. Imagine... well... dream on. We don't get amazing deals like these anymore.

I'm not saying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 isn't worth its price, it definately is.
The other two Xenoblade games (and Skyward Sword for that matter) just felt like a goldmine for what they offered.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JaxonH

@SKTTR
The Wii Pro controllers were super cheap, had a 3 foot cord, no motion, no special anything. Just a cheap plastic shell with buttons and analog and a small cord. And they were making money hand over fist so much during that era, I think that was their way of enticing consumers to perhaps take a look at a new franchise. And they made so many Wiimotes during the Wii era I think they were either going to package them with games or dump them in a landfill.

And as for Xenoblade X, it had no DLC. There was no season pass. So yeah it was all on disc, but it was just the core game and nothing else. It's not like there was a $30 season pass for the game that they included for free. When you bought that game you got just the game and that was it.

Controllers have gotten expensive, but they've been expensive. Nintendo fans just didn't realize it because Wii U was using a gamepad that wasn't sold separately and the Pro Controller was missing a lot of technology. It was a good controller though- aside from being a fingerprint magnet it was absolutely rock solid for bare-bones functionality. But PS4 and Xbox One controllers were retailing for $65 even $70 in some cases this generation. It's been a jump across the board. This is the first time Nintendo has actually pushed the dollar boundary though- usually it's the other two. At least the controllers have extra tech to justify the extra $5-10 though

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

SKTTR wrote:

Got a black Wiimote Plus for free with FlingSmash. Imagine Snipperclips Plus coming with a standard grey Joy-Con.

As a counterpoint to this, a human being would actually want to buy Snipperclips Plus for the game itself.

Flingsmash was like a free Wiiware game(and not even a great one) that came with a Wiimote, let's be honest.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jtmnm

I just need my dragon-mech Blade. It's an actual need at this point.

jtmnm

Inertiacreep

they are only offering 1 blade for the dlc you know that mf gonna be op with probably one of the best designs saved for last

Inertiacreep

TuVictus

Actually regarding the controller bundle discussion, didn't Nintendo bundle snipperclips with a joycons pair? Or was that Europe only?

Either way, I think now that controllers are so expensive, it seems they're going with the "game bundled with the controller" angle rather than the "controller bundled with a game" one. I hope they do it for more smaller games

TuVictus

MarcelRguez

@Operative2-0 They did, but it was more of a joy-con pair bundled with a Snipperclips download code. The price reflected that.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

TuVictus

Well yeah, that's what I explained, unless you mean the price was joy con price + snipperclips price

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic