Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,809

Agriculture

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Xenoblade 2 is at least SUPPOSED to not have significant connections to the other games so it should be fine.

Kotor is probably a decent comparison for the combat. Somewhere between that and MMOs.

Thanks, sounds like it's something I would enjoy.

Agriculture

Dezzy

@Agriculture

It's the same as KOTOR combat but just more interesting and more focus on timing/skill based stuff. You feel much less passive than you do in KOTOR, Dragon Age or FF12.
No you don't need to play any others. It's still not entirely clear if it'll have connections to XC1 in its story but they're making it quite clear it'll only be a minor connection if it is.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Xenoblade 2 is at least SUPPOSED to not have significant connections to the other games so it should be fine.

When have they said that? It's been lightly implied by the complete lack of mention of anything but I don't recall them actually saying anything.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

LzWinky

I think the art style is miles better than the first one. It was really hard to look at with the Wii/3DS graphics

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

When have they said that? It's been lightly implied by the complete lack of mention of anything but I don't recall them actually saying anything.

Looking at what they said, I guess that's true. But I think the implication makes it pretty likely that it's not a direct sequel to 1.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

You have to wonder what they're doing with the titles though if it's not a sequel. 1->X->2 is not a natural progression.
If it was entirely unrelated, I feel they would've gone for some other random subtitle.

Knighty_IX

Current compilation of blades (as of Nov 6)

Azami (video)

Brighid

Dromarch

Finch (video)

Godfrey (JP: Glen/Guren) (video)

Floren (JP: Hotaru) (video)

Idaten (shown below)(video)

Kubira (video)

Mei (video)

Mythra (JP: Hikari)

Vess (JP: Musubi) (shown above) (video)

Nyūtsu/Natsu? (video)

Pandoria

Poppi α

Poppi v2.0

Pyra

Raiko (video)

Roc, Roc?

Adenine (JP: Shiki) (video)

Teni (video)

Tokiha (video)

Uka (video)

Vasara (video)

Wulfric (JP: Chikarao/Jikarao) (video)

Yaeri/Yaegiri (video)

Yūō (video)

Zakura/Zakuro? (Pomegranate?) (video)

All rare Blades (as of Oct 31)
source: https://imgur.com/a/jKaDW

JP VA for every rare Blades (as of Nov 6)
source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-the-r...

Edited on by Knighty_IX

jtmnm

ARGH! You barely beat me to it. I'm a huge fan of this design. Wow!

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@JTMnM @Knighty_IX I will beat you both next time, I was too tired to post this last night.

Her name is indeed Musubi and a Google Translate says: "Today's rare blade is "Musubi". It's a goddess Blade of anything godly. The design is Ken Azumiya. Mr. Miki Takahashi is also a voice."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

She looks like a mature, grown woman and sounds like a 10 year old lol... ohhhh and people refuse to play games unless they have JP voice acting lol

PLAYING
NS: DQXIS, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Divinity: OS 2, Astral Chain, Zelda Link’s Awakening

HEY LISTEN! GO PLAY ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST!

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Dezzy

Man this game better have a good story to compensate for the uniquely silly character designs.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Any word on costume changing yet? Or do the blades have to maintain their look?

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

jtmnm

When I made the post, I hadn't seen the video showcasing the voice. Hoping the dub does a better job of conveying the character. I was expecting strong, and I got 12-year-old girl.

@SMEXIZELDAMAN Not to my knowledge, and I've been following this game somewhat closely. If anyone has anything on this, I'd also like to know. Maybe it'll be addressed on Monday during the direct.

jtmnm

EvilLucario

The Direct is actually Tuesday. They messed up the date.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knighty_IX

Edited on by Knighty_IX

jtmnm

Once again, you beat me. I don't know what timezone you're in, but I apparently need to up my late-night tweeting. Weird design, presumably OP.

jtmnm

JasmineDragon

@DiscoGentleman Yah, I agree. I don't honestly mind the fanservice as much as it might seem from some of my comments, but variety is nice.

(Don't hate me, but I do like the Electric girl. She looks like a spitfire.)

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Eff the fanservice! Buncha young girls in skimpy clothing, this ain't why I play RPGs >:[

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic