Edited on by Joeynator3000

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Snaplocket

@Knighty_IX I'm guessing that guy is a playable character who doesn't join until really late in the game since he isn't mentioned in any promotional material.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Knighty_IX

@Snaplocket There's a lot of speculation that the characters shown in this artwork are all playable characters (with up to 8? characters in total, six are only shown in that artwork).

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Snaplocket

@Knighty_IX 8 characters each with their own unique blade sounds like it'd be REALLY pushing it. Honestly, three to five characters would be fine. Sometimes, less is more.

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket Smash 5 having 70 characters but they're all Marth clones

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Any word on changing the blades' clothes yet?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Knighty_IX

@Snaplocket Perhaps a smaller cast would be more ideal, but seeing how the first Xenoblade Chronicles managed to pull it off (imo) with seven playable characters all with their own unique quirks and abilities. I'm willing to believe that Monolith Soft can pull it off with at least six (or more if it turns out to be true) playable characters.

Kaede393

I am currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on 3DS and the game is fantastic. It has a great rythm and the story is getting more and more interesting, boss battles are intense, took me awhile to understand the system, but after a little time I got it and is absolutely fun. I absolutely will buy Xenoblade Chronicles 2. =)

Edited on by Kaede393

Kaede393

Snaplocket

@Knighty_IX Maybe to you but I thought Xenoblade 1's cast was cliche and static as it comes. Not a single character with the exception of maybe Melia was even slightly interesting. One of my least favorite casts in a very long time.

@Kaede393 I thought Xenoblade 1 was cliche and boring. (very overrated imo) X was actually pretty good though.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Kaede393

Snaplocket wrote:

@Kaede I thought Xenoblade 1 was cliche and boring. (very overrated imo) X was actually pretty good though.

I am very satisfied with it by now and I have enjoyed very much the latest hours. At the begging nothing made too much sense, but I kept playing and the game got much better.
Maybe you was expecting too much and it dissapointed you, I was expecting nothing and it surprised me. High expectations are always a backslash when aproaching games.

Kaede393

Snaplocket

@Kaede393 Not really, I just picked the game up cause of all the glowing reviews and after seeing the end credits I was like, "Okay, what's so amazing about this?" I played it again about a year later and my opinion has not changed.

Snaplocket

@Knighty_IX I think my beef was less that characters were cliche and more that game tried so hard to make it's twists and developments come off as shocking and unexpected when I saw most of them coming a mile away, some of which were so blatant it was almost painful. It didn't help that the character designs (bar Riki) were about as bland as they come.

Knighty_IX

@Snaplocket I can sort of agree with the clichés but not to the extent of being too detrimental when I personally find them to be charming and a likeable bunch. Static characters? Sure not every character has undergone a huge change, but I can hardly agree with the idea that throughout the entire journey they remained static. Hell the gameplay mechanics are built on the idea of building affinity between characters which in turn changes character interactions through story and combat (i.e heart to heart conversations and in-game quotes). Those character moments on the Fallen Arm are also great examples that at least establishes some dimension to the characters. I don't know, we have opposing opinions on the cast of XC1, so all I can say is that I wouldn't be feeling so mellow and somewhat bittersweet by the end of Xenoblade Chronicles if I didn't like the cast of characters.

edit: sry I just deleted my original post so I can fix some of the points I was trying to make

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

@Snaplocket Yeah Riki isn't exactly my most favorite character either, and perhaps you have better foresight than I do (but I can see where you're coming from if you're talking about the true nature of the Faced Mechons), but there were plenty of twists that still caught me by surprise that I mostly appreciated them despite how heavy-handed/in-your-face it can get especially near the end.

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Snaplocket

Knighty_IX wrote:

@Snaplocket ,despite how heavy-handed/in-your-face the twists can get especially near the end.

Now this part I agree with.

kkslider5552000

Joeynator3000 wrote:

So who thinks this is where we find out that the game was heavily censored for us? lol

presumably not, considering the game was shown recently with AFAIK everything the same.

Which is probably for the best, if largely for not having to deal with the whiny losers that would be butthurt about it.

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Inertiacreep

@Tsurii i am satisfied with the extent of the content I've seen and don't want to really spoil too much, but i don't think i can not watch the direct.. besides they can't really spoil anything in that right

Inertiacreep

Agriculture

I'm thinking of getting this game, but haven't played any others in the series. Will that be a problem?

Also, is the combat turned based like FFX, turned based-real time like in Knights of the Old Republic*, or something else?

*Kotor had this weird mix of the two where everything happened in real time, but you picked attacks that would be carries out during your "turn".

Agriculture

kkslider5552000

Xenoblade 2 is at least SUPPOSED to not have significant connections to the other games so it should be fine.

Kotor is probably a decent comparison for the combat. Somewhere between that and MMOs.

NB, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic