Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 3,810

King-X

StephanDLW wrote:

In XC2 however, the game constantly gets interrupted with stuff that I don't enjoy very much. The blade gacha system, field skills, mercenary missions, Tiger-Tiger,..

After the initial mechanic introductions you never really have to do those again though.

Edited on by King-X

Currently Playing: Atelier Ryza

King-X

I meant they’re generally situational on what you plan to do. You can get through the story and never play Tiger! Tiger! again for instance. Once you get Four and Five you don’t even particularly have to use Tora. But yes if you’re planning to fully use Tora to the best of his ability then you’ll be playing Tiger! Tiger! or at least I would suggest you do as his final blade is totally broken if you build it right, better than Mythra so it's not a bad investment of 10 hours. Tiger! Tiger! itself won't be enough, you'll need to find the manuals hidden throughout the game as well. In terms of what is required you don't even have to ever get his third blade and it's not someone the story gives you. As for Poppi 1 and 2 they're proficient enough as is for basic story needs. Builds are more for post-game super-bosses and challenge mode, which again are optional excursions.

Merc missions can be used to raise blades but as you yourself stated it's just one of a variety of methods (actually love potions are best, the runner-up being pouch spamming) I don't see an objection there. Merc missions are more for developing blades you don't wish to train yourself and again that's not a necessity.

Yes you need to develop field skills a bit but the toughest field skill obstacles are optional and you can stack as many blades as you can equip to meet the criteria. A bit of gacha is necessary for that but not a game-ruining amount in my view as the game is very much about blade management so naturally you need to get some blades. Thus by definition anyone with a problem with this will have some issues with this game.

What you said about doing side quests is kind of irrelevant because those by nature are mostly optional and I was only speaking in terms of what is necessary to do to beat the story. I've played the game for well over 400 hours (including New Game+) so am pretty familiar with the grinds you speak of, though I concede it's months since I finished so memory may be rusty on some details. Now where I will agree with you on side quests is the Torna DLC which forces you to do a huge amount of side quests to beat the story, and all just to falsely raise the play time of the DLC. I found that hugely annoying. This however does not concern the main game.

If your objection was simply stating that the things you mentioned weren't your cup of tea then great, I'm not one to have a problem with that. It's just you seemed to imply that these were things that were constantly interrupting your gaming experience with the main story, and yes that's true in early chapters, but early-game tutorials are commonplace in these games. I'm simply giving you peace of mind that you're not going to be bothered by the same things the whole game, though yes as I said, you'll need to pass a mild/moderate field skill block occasionally.

When it comes to combat, that's another kettle of fish. You will be having more tutorials on that as new mechanics open up. That's probably just as well really given that combat is quite complex.

Edited on by King-X

Fujin

Any advice on how to get more rare core crystals. I'm in chapter 7 right now.

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

King-X

I did a video about that. Later in the game better ways open up:

Apart from using Adenine, as you're in chapter 7 you can get gold chips from Temperantia (I did another video on that, quite a big playlist actually) for even higher loot rates.

Edited on by King-X

King-X

Well yeah that’s different. There’s a big difference between the idea of being forced to endure a bunch of features you don’t care about, and enduring them on the basis that you’re a completionist. I got the impression from your objection that the former was the case so sorry about any crosses wires there.

There’s not much I have in the way of comfort though, it is a grindy game including in other ways you didn’t mention.

Edited on by King-X

Dezzy

@Fujin

Bear in mind, there's a certain number of rare blades that you can get from regular core crystals.

Just use equipment on your character that increases the Luck stat, and then keep awakening regular core crystals. You'll get a rare blade like 1 in every 10 tries, or something like that.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

King-X

I found Ursula’s quest ties in really well with Tiger! Tiger! and that in turn opens up 10 minute missions which develop blades much faster than longer merc missions.

Fujin

@Dezzy Thanks I'll try this out.

Edited on by Fujin

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Fujin

Are there any better ways to get boosters besides selling salvage.

King-X

@Fujin No but released blades sometimes give some. Maxing out idea levels greatly helps to get rare blades.

Edited on by King-X

Fujin

@King-X Are boosters used only to get a specific element or do they help get rare blades as well like having high luck. My idea levels are pretty good so far.

Edited on by Fujin

King-X

They increase the chance of getting a blade of a certain elemental group. How effective that is depends on what column the game allocated to you when you started a new file but there is a "pity" mechanic so you should get them all eventually.

Idea levels have more of an impact than luck. Getting 999 luck isn't exactly going to net you rare blades every 5 minutes.

Edited on by King-X

Fujin

@King-X Do my equipped inactive blades passively heal while I'm fighting with an active blade?

King-X

No they only passively affect the stats that their profile states (and healing is not a stat). Most aux cores and poppiswap skills are not passive apart from a few exceptions such as Hunter's Chemistry which is a good way to have instant max affinity in combat which in turn tends to provide bonuses as specified on their affinity chart.

Edited on by King-X

Fujin

So basically the AI heals on its own and to heal manually you have to switch to a heal blade during battle. Am I correct.

King-X

Early-game pretty much. Late-game you can just have healing accessories.

Dezzy

StephanDLW wrote:

It is true though that the quests in XC2 are generally longer and a bit more involving than those in XC1.

Yep, as you can see from the difference in completionist time between the 2 games. Howlongtobeat.com has XC1 at 165 hours for completionists whereas XC2 is at 250 hours.
So something's causing that difference.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

X still reigns as the hardest of them all. For me that took like 200 hours. The superbosses in that game can kick your ass real hard and there are MUCH more sidequests/terrible grinding that's worse than 1's.

2 honestly feels one the least grindy ones imo. I beat Xenoblade 2 100% within 120 hours but I enjoyed it overall quite a bit, despite the mediocre sidequests taken as a whole. 1, being my first game, took me around 150.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

scubydo

I honestly never finished X1 myself...so XC2 is my only reference, though I didn't do a majority of the side quests...and I didn't own XCX unfortunately. Really wanting to do a second play through at some point.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Fujin

How do I do specials with mythra because it seems the light element is not that easy to combine with other elements for specials.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic