Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 3,809

link3710

@Fujin You can't, you need to rely on the AI to use their part of the combo.

link3710

Fujin

My teamates don't have enough of the symbols to do a driver combo that includes break, topple, launch and smash. Also with three characters limit for each driver how can you pull this off as well. Since break, topple, launch and break are four instead of three.

Edited on by Fujin

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

link3710

@Fujin The combos work across characters. You could have Nia use Break with Dromarch then Rex uses Topple with Pyra.

link3710

Fujin

@link3710 ok thanks I got it now

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Fujin

I want to replace azami with agate for rex and was wondering how good is rex with axes. I heard Agate is a really good attacker and I see no use for azami since I'm half way in the game.

Fujin

I know how to do driver combos finally but it takes forever to switch back and forth so I dont have enough time to finsh the combo. I figured it out never mind lol.

Edited on by Fujin

King-X

Where it gets technical is getting into “fusion combos” which combine driver combos within a blade combo so you get stuff like "Smash Mega Explosion". These give you more damage.

Edited on by King-X

Currently Playing: Pokémon Sword

Heavyarms55

And successfully pulling off these combos can lead to positively outrageous damage! I've dealt more than 50% to major bosses by setting up the combos right. It takes some practice and learning, but once you get it down pat, you can potentially beat much higher level enemies!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Fujin

@King-X Wow fusion combos combine driver and blade combos. That sounds overwhelming.

King-X

Yes but the hardest thing about it is mastering both blade and driver combos. Once you know how both work you just need to figure out how best to combine them. It's very satisfying to get to grips with and makes combat go a lot smoother because the enemy is spending so much time disabled.

The ultimate damage multiplier though is applying that wisely to a chain attack. I've beaten the LV 130 superboss in 36 seconds like that (Normal Difficulty). Post-game build of course...

Edited on by King-X

link3710

@King-X Somehow, I never knew it was possible to combine the blade combo from a chain attack with an active driver combo. That sounds pretty busted if you can pull it off.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

The easiest and obvious thing to do is to just wait until you've toppled an enemy before using the chain attack. It slows down time so you can get through most of the chain while they're still toppled. They receive more damage whilst toppled.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Fujin

Do other blades in your party not the AI blades do damage to the enemy while you're fighting with an active blade? Or do you just damage the enemy with an active blade and your other blades don't do damage until you switch to them.

King-X

Equipped blades passively add to your stats. This is where common blades come in handy. For instance if you have 2 common blades with 24% agility on top an an agility build you can get your agility over say... 700 post-game (more for Four) and hardly get touched even by a lot of post-game super bosses. Using this method you can also get someone up to 999 Luck which helps a bit with those rare blade pulls.

So yes you can apply the same logic for extra damage. Thus whereas in answer to the question inactive blades do not directly do damage, they can greatly add to it.

Edited on by King-X

Fujin

Which is a better healer blade kora or ursula. I was thinking of replacing kora with ursula because I heard she is a very good healer. Thing is I read ursula does not fight so well and relies on her good healing. So what do you think I should do.

Edited on by Fujin

King-X

Fujin wrote:

Which is a better healer blade kora or ursula. I was thinking of replacing kora with ursula because I heard she is a very good healer. Thing is I read ursula does not fight so well and relies on her good healing. So what do you think I should do.

Ultimately healers are a non-issue once you’ve gotten some Avante-Garde Medals (preferably Legendary ones) as they offer good healing so you won’t particularly need a healer in the party which is nice because that frees you up to go all out. This is quite a late-game solution though.

What is important is trying to have all the elements covered for Full Bursts in Chain Attacks.

That said, I use Ursula. Just beware her 20 hour merc-mission spam sidequest if you plan to build her to her full potential.

Edited on by King-X

darkfenrir

@Fujin I used Ursula and I felt she's pretty much the best once you trained her up for sure. Especially when you get her heal x% hp when you switch blade to her. And she also is no slouch in the hitting department XD

Otherwise she's not much of a healer, good for a mixture of damage + emergency heal though.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Dezzy

StephanDLW wrote:

Even though there are way fewer side quests in this game than the first,

I dunno if that's true. Has anyone counted? There are more quests that become available over time. And each rare blade has their own special side quest.

Dezzy

@StephanDLW

Fair enough. I'm guessing that doesn't take into account the length of them though. So a single fetch quest and a long chain of story-heavy tasks are both just considered a single sidequest.

And aren't the rare blade quests technically part of merc missions? So maybe not counted?

Edited on by Dezzy

King-X

StephanDLW wrote:

In XC2 however, the game constantly gets interrupted with stuff that I don't enjoy very much. The blade gacha system, field skills, mercenary missions, Tiger-Tiger,..

After the initial mechanic introductions you never really have to do those again though.

Edited on by King-X

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic