Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 3,753

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Well you can already pull off a lot of combos. Using Rex, Nia, and Tora, you have Mythra, Pyra, Roc, Dromarch, and Poppi α/QT, and you can already do Light, Water, Fire, Earth, and Wind combos right off the bat with no RNG needed.

Light: Light -> Light -> Light
Water: Light -> Light -> Water (easiest one) OR Water -> Water -> Water
Fire: Fire -> Fire -> Fire
Earth: Earth -> Fire -> Earth
Wind: Earth -> Fire -> Wind

Also you should have a Beastly Core Crystal. Open that on Rex for an ATK Earth Blade (Wulfric), he's extremely good.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tsurii

@NEStalgia about the Boss (and just because I'm a stickler like that), the stuff that kills you in seconds isn't an AoE attack actually. Unless the robot kills you, of course.

The core has a passive ability that's called spikes in Xenoblade. When the thing gets below 50% health you'll notice purple damage numbers on your party. That's what makes the fight to difficult for first-timers/people who don't know or forgot spike damage is a thing.
I felt the best way to approach that fight was getting the core down to half HP/until you start seeing those purple numbers and then wail on the robot until you fill your party gauge. Chain attack on the core and if it's not dead yet, keep attacking the bot for another full party gauge + chain attack.

It takes a tad longer than making use of the orbs but it's probably the "safest" approach.

(and now that I'm writing this it's probably been hours since you beat it )

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Ahh, spikes. I didn't know that was a thing and didn't know that's what was happening. I like your solution, but I would think there's not enough damage dealt without the orbs to not have to do the chain multiple times....in the meantime the spikes, maybe, the rockets fired, and the AoE attack (that ground spread lightening attack in a radius from it) easily killed me off.

@EvilLucario I do already have Wulfric (I love Xenoblade, but it does have some serious gaps...that's another thing where they gave you this crystal, never told you what to do with it, and when I First looked, you couldn't use it, then it apparently became usable without telling me, and I had no idea how to get into the abandoned factory earlier until finding out that using that crystal was basically essential. Xenoblade often reminds me of NES games where you needed to subscribe to Nintendo Power and ask at the playground hoping sombody's uncle worked for Nintendo for necessary, undocumented information to make it through a game )

NEStalgia

NinjaAceTrainer

@NEStalgia I hate to say it, but Chapter 7's first story boss is easily the hardest. I only remember the orb phase being hard, so I assumed that was what threw you off. I honestly don't remember much about that phase, so good luck I suppose.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

NEStalgia

@Tsurii LOL....easily missed popups and half baked tutorials (and entirely unexplained systems) seem to be a Monolith staple. Much as I love the series I'm starting to view it as a "great but deeply flawed" series all around. If the characters, story, and environments weren't so special, I think the design would net a game not as well regarded as it is. Too many rough edges they don't polish.

@NinjaAceTrainer Ugh, I'm not looking forward to Ch7 then. Though maybe it doesn't have the extreme dps that this machine has. The machine had both a ton of hitpoints and extreme dps at the end.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Referring to Jin and Malos? I didn't have too many issues with them, and they're definitely not as gimmicky or cheap as the fight with the core.

Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Yes, that fight. I had few problems fighting the core. From what I recall, the top 5 hardest story boss battles for me were:
1. Jin and Malos (Chapter 7)
2. Lila (Chapter 4)
3. Jin (Chapter 6)
4. Infernal Guldo (Chapter 8)
5. Akhos and Malos (Chapter 3)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Ralizah That's great to hear. Seems like split opinions. If #1 runs around and spins you in the air all the time like the first time it's an annoying battle, and difficult, but yeah, not as cheap. The worst thing is the core never even indicated what was cheap about it it just....."happens" once you get the health down. And yeah it goes into rage mode after 40% health or so.....but it seems like it kicks into "ultra" rage mode or something in the last 15. So if you don't one-shot it after that 40% line you're guaranteed dead. Cheap is really the only word to describe it. Gimmick would apply if it actually told you the gimmick (like the first encounter with it)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano #5 I think I retried a few times. It was hard. But I mostly just had to grind a bit and level up and got it in one try. #2 I got in maybe two tries. #4 took maybe 4 tries....and then the core took hours of failure to get nowhere

NEStalgia

Tsurii

@NEStalgia for the Malos stuff, you just gotta keep in mind that the game usually wants you to knock out one of the enemies. It's another thing nobody tells you but that makes those fights a lot easier. Like, the first time around you're supposed to get rid of Ahkos, later on of Malos. It's kinda arbitrary but it is what it is.

I still think the hardest boss fights are/were the Core + robot fight, a fight against a group of enemies in chapter 8 (I think) and one of the big fights in the final chapter. But even then you can make those other two a lot easier with a little preparation and I'm also one of those people who hate themselves enough to have beaten everything on just about every possible way in Xenoblade X and I feel like that alone kind of "desensitizes" you to the difficulty of boss fights in the series haha
(I really miss the sheer amount of customizability - if that's not an actual word already..now it is - in that game. Starting to hope for that switch port against better judgment. That'd completely kill my free time)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano #5 oh yeah I really struggled with them everything after that everything was basically smooth sailing until close to the end of the game.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido and Arms.

WiiU: Mario Party 10 and Devils Third.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

SNES: Super Mario World

NinjaAceTrainer

What really? The only fights I found extremely difficult, and by that I mean took me multiple hours to beat are:
Chapter 7 - Endbringer Malos
Chapter 9/10 (?) - Jin
The other fights weren't easy, but certainly not as difficult as those. To be fair, I was 10 levels higher than the final boss, because I decided to complete blade quests that I had left.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer. Link to the NL Inklings here!
https://discord.gg/6bsgt3t

NEStalgia

After all that I played a few hours yesterday (after cheesing the core) and had not one battle at all....all cut scenes and dialog quests. It was actually pleasant after that frustration.

Then I got to Giga Rose. With a 2 member party (thanks, story!) the same level. Ugh. That's not going well. Time to grind!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia You should never be fighting things with 2 party members except for one part you've already passed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario The part I'm in definitely forced me into 2 party members...maybe I can manually go back and add one in (I think I tried and couldn't still) It forced it for a cutscene area in Indol. Usually they pop up the thing when a change in allowed party count happens...maybe they reenabled the third slot but didn't pop it up, and for whatever reason I didn't check? I'll have to look into that. Fighting that thing with 2 is impossible. Fighting with 3 would be hard without leveling up more. Level matching a boss never works well in XC.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia You have to manually include your 3rd party member by pressing "X" (I think it's X) on the party select screen (the screen where you choose the order of your party).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano sigh another oversight. XC is turning into a love/hate franchise. I love it, but man the holes are becoming Bethesda level.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Idk, I did two playthroughs of this game and I don't remember having any problem with this. You seem to be a magnet for problems here.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic