Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 3,601

Dezzy

The IGN guide seems fairly good.

The one thing I'd say about the Torna expansion is that it's slightly over-priced, relative to the main game.
It's about half the price of the main game, or even more if you buy the retail version. But it's noway near half the size of the main game. It's more like 1/4 of the main game. Of course the main game is absolutely massive though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

dustinb12

@Dezzy me too. Im about 40 hours in and i think i like it better. The fighting for sure.

SW-7405-4295-8509

Dezzy

Finished Torna Expansion!

Great stuff overall. I enjoyed the characters more than those in the main game. Mostly because there's less cutesy comic relief, and they're just more adult and serious. Lora and Addam were both very likeable and interesting. The story was good and well-told too. It really made you appreciate why Jin turned out the way he did.

The Torna titan is also one of the best areas they've designed. Possibly my favourite of all the titans in the game. I loved how many different types of environment they fit onto it, whereas other titans felt like just 1 big environment.

The only real criticism is the price and length. This was clearly meant to be a DLC. Not something to be sold as a separate retail game. The Gormott section was obviously included just to beef up the runtime. There was no good reason for that to be included! Same with forcing you to do loads of the "community" sidequests. Purely to lengthen the game. No other reason for that.

Overall 8/10

Fujin

How do I do driver combos? I'm so confused and I need to know how to do them to clear some affinity nods for certain rare blades.

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Fujin

So I can change the default character weapons to other ones in order to match the symbols for a driver combo. How do I do that and will the default weapon still have of the upgraded artes when I switch them back again.

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

link3710

Ahhhhhhh I completely forgot I still need to play Torna at some point before XC1 Remastered drops. Man, between that, Witcher 3, and DQ XI my first half of next year is gonna be fully booked. I might not end up getting Animal Crossing...

@Fujin Yup, all upgrades are permanent. But if I remember correctly, you only can determine the weapons by which Blades you are using. You level up the weapons per type though, not per blade.

link3710

Dezzy

King-X wrote:

With the right build you could just do Topple > Launch > Smash with Rex on his own after someone has done Break.

This is what I did, and I found it to be the best approach. Make sure your other 2 party members have a Break attack and then....

Pyra/Mythra : Topple
Any blade with a greataxe: Launch
Roc: Smash

I prefer having Rex do most of it because then you can leave it to the very last moment to Launch/Smash. Which means more damage will end up being done in the duration.

Obviously to do this, you need to make sure your other party members don't have a Launch/Smash attack, because if they do they'll probably use it.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

King-X wrote:

Agate is the rare blade you want for Rex launches unless you've attained master driver status in which case you can simply use Pandoria

There are quite a few greataxe rare blades. I used Gorg.

link3710

Yeah, Gorg was my go to rare blade #2 for Rex, he's a lot of fun. Of course, you can't finish his questline until the game is practically over to level him up to max thanks to the glitch but...

Anyways, I think I had Agate on Nia, so she didn't get much use. Hadn't even thought to use her on Rex honestly.

link3710

darkfenrir

I still go with best Blade is Ursula. I used her + that story Blade, and with Mythra and that's enough to destroy enemies while still keeping heals

darkfenrir

Fujin

@King-X I'm in one of the characters weapons but I don't see anything called reaction there.

Fujin

So in battle I have to switch back and forth between characters in order of the those arts that correspond to make a driver combo? Also I see the reaction now.

Edited on by Fujin

link3710

@Fujin Exactly! As you progress, you'll find accessories that let you swap between blades much faster, so by end game you'll basically be swapping constantly. As you are now swaps are probably pretty rare, but learning to use all the blades you have equipped in tandem is how you grow.

link3710

Fujin

So I have to remember each symbol by what they do in battle? I don't see an arts wheel on my other teamates so how am I supposed do a driver combo without their arts shown as well.

Edited on by Fujin

link3710

@Fujin Yeah, you learn the symbols. It'll tell you whenever an ally inflicts a status on the enemy (try putting Break on Nia for a battle and you should notice it almost immediately).

link3710

Fujin

In battle I see arts for my characters only and I'm not able to do a driver combo by my artes alone. So how do I switch to my team mates during battle?

link3710

@Fujin You can't, you need to rely on the AI to use their part of the combo.

link3710

Fujin

My teamates don't have enough of the symbols to do a driver combo that includes break, topple, launch and smash. Also with three characters limit for each driver how can you pull this off as well. Since break, topple, launch and break are four instead of three.

Edited on by Fujin

link3710

@Fujin The combos work across characters. You could have Nia use Break with Dromarch then Rex uses Topple with Pyra.

link3710

Fujin

@link3710 ok thanks I got it now

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic