Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 3,602

Fujin

Whats the point of having so many different blades in the game. I get common core crystals so much to the point of wondering what's the point of them. How do they help you if there's like a million out there. When should I even awaken them including rare core crystals

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Dezzy

Fujin wrote:

@Dezzy at the moment no.

Well that's why then. The left and right trigger are for your other 2 party members. You're usually gonna need all 3 to do a blade combo. It's possible with just 2 party members, but a lot harder.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Fujin

How do i disengage common blades from other party members?

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Dezzy

@Fujin

Blades are fixed onto the character who bonded with them, until very late in the game.

You can swap them for other blades with that same character though. It's one of the options in the character screen on the menu.

Fujin

Do rarer common blade have better stats, and should I release the ones that are weaker?

RR529

@Fujin, I'd say keep any common Blades you can unless you can't hold any more and have to let some go.

Some may have an ability you need to get passed one of those field puzzles (I can't remember what they're called, but they're roadblocks that show up that require your Blades to have certain skills, at certain levels, to pass). Like, let's say you need level 5 of a certain skill to pass, but only one of your rare Blades has it (and at level 3), you can equip two common Blades that each have the skill at level 1 to add up to 5. Hope that makes sense.

You can also send common Blades on merc missions, which net you goodies, and can be used to level up their skills.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@Fujin

Yeah don't release them until you absolutely need to. Or unless you have a lot of repeats of the exact same blade.

In the Merc Missions that unlock later, you need to fill criteria like having 3 Fire Blades, or 4 Female Blades, or 4 Animal Blades.
So it's better to have too many rather than too few.

Fujin

Thanks RR529. . I have another question. I'm trying to trigger a blade combo as I read by getting Pyra's special to level to one or higher. After I did the special I see colored diamonds appear on the top right corner. At that moment I'm confused on what to do and I fail the combo. I have blades on the left of my battle screen that have different elements so do I have to match those elements with the elemental color of the diamond on the top right to trigger the combo. Problem is what if I have the wrong element blades to correspond with the diamond's element. Also even if I switch to a different blade in battle the other blade resets it's blade special level.

Edited on by Fujin

Dezzy

Yes you need to match the elements of your blades to the combo tree on the top right. But bear in mind, it's a different combo tree depending on which element goes first. So all you really need to do is have 3 different elements (and have your teammates have 3 different elements) and you should often have one of the correct elements available.

Also, you can definitely keep your current special level after switching blades. Although maybe that's an ability you unlock at some point, I can't remember.

You really don't NEED all of this until a bit later in the game though, so you should just progress further.

Edited on by Dezzy

Fujin

I was wondering guys why is one of my common blades trust condition 0/10 instead of other blades who have 0/ thousands?

Edited on by Fujin

Dezzy

@Fujin

Probably because the total increases as you unlock higher levels in the affinity chart.

Fujin

@Dezzy Thanks for all the help Dezzy.

Fujin

What is the difference between common crystals and rare crystals? I got a rare blade from a common crystal but aren't you supposed get rare blades from rare crystals. Are my idea levels supposed to be higher because they are about 3 each.

Edited on by Fujin

PHDragoon

@Fujin it is my understanding that the difference is in the chance of the rare blade, with rare crystals giving you a better chance of a rare blade. But you can get a rare blade from any crystal.

Edited on by PHDragoon

PHDragoon

Cotillion

PHDragoon wrote:

@Fujin it is my understanding that the difference is in the chance of the rare blade, with rare crystals giving you a better chance of a rare blade. But you can get a rare blade from any crystal.

This is correct. Rare crystals have a higher chance, not guaranteed. Legendary crystals are an even higher chance.
Your own luck stat plays a factor in it as well. Blades with luck boosts on them are rare, so hold onto any you may get.

Cotillion

Heavyarms55

@Cotillion @PHDragoon There are also equipment pieces you can get to boost your luck and thus your chance for a rare blade.

There is a great spot in Mor Ardain to grind for Crystals as well.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Fujin

Thanks guys . I also forgot that idea levels are for getting specified elements more often.

Dezzy

Loving the Torna expansion. Except for the fact that it essentially forces you to do all of the sidequests before you can continue the main story. Blatant padding method, that completely undermines the whole point of sidequests in that they're optional.

AndyD

I need to restart this game. I missed so much in my first play through, over a year ago. I want to get all the blades, and master all the affinity charts etc. And also play Torna after my play through.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AndyD

I am going to be doing a full fresh play through of XC2. I will do a main play through then a NG+ play through to finish off all the extras. With that in mind, is there a good guide(s) out there that are pretty complete with everything and maybe a decent checklist with all the DLC added in? Thanks in advance!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic