Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 3,602

TommyTendo

@SKTTR
I was struggling a lot on the final boss. But it was mostly because I hadn't done much to open up things in the affinity charts of the blades and I guess I was a bit underleveled. I was about 50-60 hours in when I got to the boss door I believe. Then I went off to unlock things on the affinity chart and do a bit of side questing and then I easily wiped his ass.

darkfenrir

I just finally finished Torna - The Golden Country after putting it off for so long... my god, that ending sequence broke my heart.... ;____;

I know it'll always end like that but oh god. MY HEART.

darkfenrir

NESlover85

@NorseGamerTommy 50 to 60 hours and at the final boss!?!? I'm 70 hours in and only on chapter 5! I am really taking my time with the game though. It is so good I dont want to rush through.

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

TommyTendo

@NESlover85 Yeah. I was binge playing for like 2 weeks, playing 4-8 hours each day and I just wanted to keep the story going because I was so invested. I needed to know what happened next lol

darkfenrir

By the way, anyone having massive lagging when playing last boss for Torna at handheld? Like the game barely responding to button prompts and the fps slowing down to like single digit fps I think.

I mean it was like just constant spamming skills by that time and with all the particles I'm not surprised, but still, anyone else got that massive lag?

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Ok so in every Xenoblade game, there's this one area that is just incredible to explore and just exist in. In XC1 for me it was the Bionis Leg, in XCX it was the upper half of Noctilum.
In XC2 it's the Leftheria Archipelago. I absolutely love this place. It has a heavenly feel, just like the Bionis Leg. I'm almost annoyed that you don't have much reason to spend time there.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy Oh there is a major late game quest there that is well worth your time. It's the end of a series of quests you would have been playing from very early in the game. The whole thing is entirely optional and I would bet that more than half of the people who've beaten the game never did it. But it's kinda awesome.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

How major can it be if it's optional?

It seems like the area just had very little story relevance, which sucked. They could've done so much more with it.

I guess that was true of the Bionis Leg too!

TuVictus

After beating Xenoblade 2 my SO was inspired to finish the first game. I love seeing peoples' reactions to the story twists and turns. Now he's working through 2 for the 3rd or 4th time since he kept getting sidetracked in the middle of the game. Also started Xenoblade X. I think I prefer X's art direction of all 3 games. It feels like it looks better than 2 despite the weaker/older hardware, which makes me wonder why 2 seems so sub-par in terms of graphics, art design aside

TuVictus

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy I say major because it is the conclusion to a long series of side quests with a big optional boss fight in the end. It also clears up some subplots. It's the end point to quests that have you running around all over the world and doing a little of everything in the game. Fetch quests, monster hunts, "go here, kill that guy" missions, etc. But it is totally optional. I don't want to say more because it would be fairly big spoilers for the subplots.

darkfenrir

@Heavyarms55 can you give links to which one is it? Since I'm curious if I've done it or not haha

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@darkfenrir It's the one where you finally finish off that secret criminal group that was sparking violence all over the world, the fight vs Don Dondon the leader of Lindwrim

darkfenrir

Oh yeaaaaaaah that one is superb lmao. Such a long chain and very fun to do.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

The mission underground in Leftheria when you return, is the most shameless padding ever. What was the point of it? It didn't even seem connected to the area at all? Just a generic dungeon area they'd created.

TuVictus

Ugh, the one where your blades are limited to Level I specials? That one was so tedious. At least the boss fight gave me a few easy levels because I didn't know how to beat it.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

Getting close to the end I think.

Currently climbing the inside of the tree. I loved the part where you go to the Architect's home world. Very cool area.

My enjoyment of the game has continued to build more and more as it proceeds, which is a good trait for a JRPG.

I'm a bit shocked how unbelievably similar it is to XC1 actually. They're very very similar in structure and story. I still think XC1 is the superior game though, unless the ending for XC2 ends up being the best thing ever.

@PikPi

Yep that's the one. Easily one of the most boring parts of the game.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

I had similar feelings when getting to the end. Everything from the fight on the cliffs of Morytha to the end of the game just gets more and more interesting

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

The Cliffs of Morytha scene felt almost identical to the fight on Prison Island in XC1.

TuVictus

Hmm, yeah though I didn't notice at the time. It's also the first time something from the first game is directly referenced in Malos' monado weapon

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic