Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 321 to 340 of 3,602

JaxonH

New teaser site open, full site should go live soon. Note the "Holiday 2017" on the site. I think there comes a point where you have to stop questioning them on the release date. It seems like it's set in stone- this game will release before year's end. Not just the fact the teaser site yet again says so, but just having a teaser site up and running right now- that in and of itself speaks to the fact the game must be releasing soon.

http://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jtmnm

Oh, I hope it comes out this year. I enjoyed XCX, but I miss the cinematic storytelling of its predecessor. Those who have played it have nothing but praise, too.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I only bought Xenoblade Chronicles 1 a few days ago and I've already put in 36 hours into it. It's just SO GOOD.

I've also ordered X, it's coming tomorrow, and I'll be immediately playing it after XC1.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

New teaser site open, full site should go live soon. Note the "Holiday 2017" on the site. I think there comes a point where you have to stop questioning them on the release date. It seems like it's set in stone- this game will release before year's end.

You have to allow for the fact that maybe they're rushing to finish it in time though and have told Nintendo they think they can finish for christmas, but then might end up telling them mid-November that there're still too many bugs for release.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

I'll give Monolith the benefit of the doubt, considering the lower development schedule.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Dezzy
Well sure, but that could happen with any game. I see no evidence suggesting that is more likely to happen than with any other game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Well the fact that it doesn't have an actual release date makes it more likely I think!

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy You are aware it takes games several months after being finished in order to produce and ship copies, right?

I'm aware it takes time. I don't know what the bare minimum is though. So I assumed mid November finish for release on December 31st would be the minimum.
Feel free to correct if you have actual reliable data on how long it takes.
Of course if they finished the game on December 15th, they could probably release digitally for Christmas and then physically in February or something like that.

Edited on by Dezzy

JaxonH

@Dezzy
Alot of Nintendo games don't get release dates until a month prior (see Fire Emblem Warriors, or Mario Rabbids, even Skyrim and Rocket League, or look at past history with Zelda Majoras Mask or DKC Returns)

Nintendo likes people to focus just on what's directly in front of them, then a couple weeks after release they shift focus to the next game(s)

EvilLucario

Odyssey got a hard release date of October 27 at E3 though, same for Samus Returns for September 15.

They're oddly selective of certain games to have a date and others to not.

kkslider5552000

Snaplocket wrote:

I though the story and characters of 1 were just plain boring and cliche. Wonder why so many people praise it. X was so much better.

X legitimately would be better if the characters weren't meh a significant portion of the time (note: my current status in X is 7 chapters in, a lot of affinity missions done). Like I can at least get why people wouldn't get into 1's characters, but I've not seen much sign that X actually improved that too much? Even the blatantly best character (Lin) has to do the exact same joke with Tatsu about 500 times.

It doesn't help that I considered this kind of the Mass Effect 2 of the series before getting into it, which OMG this game has no chance of living up to those characters. Hahahahaha, oh wow.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

I though the story and characters of 1 were just plain boring and cliche. Wonder why so many people praise it. X was so much better.

Lolwut? Cliche? I mean it uses some common fantasy tropes and whatnot, sure, but how many stories are about living on the bodies of giant dead robots? That's what attracted me to it originally, it's such a unique idea.

Edited on by Dezzy

kkslider5552000

Snaplocket wrote:

I don't know what game you're playing but it clearly wasn't X considering my stance on the characters was the exact opposite of yours.

Ha, you'd think that but there is no clear opposite of meh! You fool! You activated my trap card!

No but seriously, I've seen worse. I've seen better. I'd give it a 7/10 for characterization, maybe 8 for shockingly good writing for a lot of the NLA townspeople quests (one of the biggest improvements from the original tbh).

Xenoblade X is certainly one of the most unique takes on JRPGs, I can't say otherwise. But more often than not, you're not gonna convince me innovation was for the better when it entirely ****s with traditional progression, either from a gameplay or story perspective. And Xenoblade X hates traditional gameplay and story progression. That's almost certainly it's biggest strength and weakness. Bizarrely it actually reminds me of, OF ALL THINGS, Yoshi's Story from a gameplay perspective. In that the core gameplay of Yoshi's Story is legitimately a great followup to the previous Yoshi platformer, but the way they structured the game felt really off for a lot of people to the point that it isn't remotely held in the same regard. But as a counterpoint to that, at least Yoshi's Story isn't just Yoshi's Island again like most of the later games (even Wooly World to some extent).

Basically, I have a number of major issues with X, but I'm happier it exists than if it was just a worse but prettier Xenoblade 1. Which, even if I end up liking it more than X...is probably what 2 will be. At least for me.

MFD

@Snaplocket I'd call that very much an opinion. I like the new characters (except for Rex, I'm just tired of kid protagonists), but I am 100% sure people will mostly remember pyra because of her physique, rather then her character (not counting those that actually play the game, as they'll probably get to know a very different side of her, kinda like Camilla funnily enough)

Edited on by MFD

MFD

kkslider5552000

UmniKnight wrote:

I am 100% sure people will mostly remember pyra because of her physique, rather then her character.

Well this is a pessimistic viewpoint. I dunno if you're insulting the character or the audience, but your prediction is probably not gonna be correct. As someone who actually complained about some of the clothing "options" in the original Xenoblade, that certainly didn't overshadow the characters for people (unless you're on a weird part of the internet I guess :V)

EDIT: OH CMON, YOU EDIT IT SO YOU HAVE A LEGIT REASON. NOW I LOOK LIKE A FOOL

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Dezzy

UmniKnight wrote:

but I am 100% sure people will mostly remember pyra because of her physique, rather then her character (not counting those that actually play the game, as they'll probably get to know a very different side of her, kinda like Camilla funnily enough)

If you don't count people who actually play the game, then they're always going to remember a character for their appearance!

MFD

@Dezzy Well, some people will bother to read into things to see if it piques their interest. I've red plenty about the FE games in general, but I've played Awakening/Fates.

MFD

Dezzy

@UmniKnight
Some, sure. But reading something doesn't make an impression as much as an appearance. Not how humans are wired.

MFD

@Dezzy Let's just say I'm not wired the way most humans are.

MFD

CrazedCavalier

@Dezzy People had hope for Camilla before the game came out and got burned.
Pyrra just seems to have a fanservicey design; Camilla's whole character was fanservice.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic