Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 3,602

NEStalgia

@hirokun Yeah I really like the overall system. But it did get somehow too easy....or leveling became too easy. In the main game I spent all my bonus xp as soon as I got it and it never seemed enough. In this game I virtually never use any of it and still seem overleveled.

"That is think is why it would be great to get more blades so you can customize, but as it stands it is fine and works well, I just want to explore the backline/frontline thing with more combos."

Oh please no, anything but RNG blades with skill trees and merc missions!

Colony 6 I didn't understand that whole mechanic most of the game and when I finally figured it out it was kind of too late to do much with it....so I skipped that whole part of the game really

NEStalgia

hirokun

NEStalgia wrote:

@hirokun Yeah I really like the overall system. But it did get somehow too easy....or leveling became too easy. In the main game I spent all my bonus xp as soon as I got it and it never seemed enough. In this game I virtually never use any of it and still seem overleveled.

"That is think is why it would be great to get more blades so you can customize, but as it stands it is fine and works well, I just want to explore the backline/frontline thing with more combos."

Oh please no, anything but RNG blades with skill trees and merc missions!

Colony 6 I didn't understand that whole mechanic most of the game and when I finally figured it out it was kind of too late to do much with it....so I skipped that whole part of the game really

I never used any bonus xp in the main game or this one.

In terms of blades I mean my system would be, no common blades, and each special blade would be as a result of its own core crystal that is either bought or a reward from a specific quest, no randoms. Also I'd have done away with merc missions as a way to grind the skill tree and instead make it as a passive means to gain resources or maybe a special piece of armor etc. Nothing that forces you to do it like polar bear girl(shudder).

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

FaeKnight

Speaking of new blades and the main game... Is it worth it to generate new blades for your other party members, or does it only mechanically matter for the main character?

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@FaeKnight All of them except Tora who is limited to only 3 (2 are story, 1 is side quest). Getting new Blades for the rest is important for both battle (letting them be more useful allies) and exploration (field skills).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Quarth

Wow! I really like Torna: The Golden Country! I know it’s just an expansion, but it improves on the main game in many ways. It feels like I will have a really good time with this title!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

NEStalgia

Has anyone else had problems with macmac and the green Barrel quest? I got the barrels, the quest says to return to macmac and report. He has the exclamation mark over his head. But when i talk to him her just gives the idle banter dialog about hearing all about Adam, and never registers the quest complete..... It's eithera bug or some unknown requirement it trigger?

NEStalgia

Trajan

@NEStalgia You need to complete other quests in Torna before it will allow you to complete it.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

NEStalgia

@Trajan ahh. Weird that basically the first quest in the game can't be done even when it says you can report in and the office appear. All other possible quests are done so far. Glad it's not bugged though. I spent a lot of time searching for that last barrel........... Then found two more..,..

NEStalgia

Trajan

In BoC mode I randmly lose a good chunk of my party guage for no reason. What's up with that?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

EvilLucario

Rage Strike is a buff enemies can use that drain the Party Gauge. It's a bit random I think.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@hirokun yeah, i like your blade system design waaay better than theirs. I did need constant bonus xp spends just to keep up with level requirements in the main game. Id be several levels behind the area id be in, and couldn't do most of the side quests much of the time (i went back and did most side quests afteri got to the world tree and only then didi seem to have the requirements for them or the needed blades, skills, etc. But not in torna, the game itself seems to level naturally without it. And quests are actually (usually) doable when you get them.... Which is a massive improvement.

I also thought the merc missions and blade grinding were really annoying..... And i loathe ursula, praxis, and theory.... Grind City.

A lot of the main game feels designed to just arbitrarily consume as much time as possible on busy work just to get some kind of game length praise or something. It marrs an otherwise great experience. Torna really fixes most of that so wonderfully.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia You just have insanely bad luck. Your experience with XC2 Blade resonance is the equivalent of using a Bowser dice block in Super Mario Party for every turn of a normal match and getting -3 coins for most of the turns.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano that pretty much describes my entire life . i was given the "born under a black cloud" perk when my character was created.

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

That puts me of mind of a certain Rod Stewart song.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

EvilLucario

I mean there was also missing functions that the game literally tells you in the map like moving the cursor in the Skip Travel menu so everything is clearly laid out for players, but whatever.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario yeah, i really don't know how i hadn't discovered that..... Somehow I never moved the right stick in the map, i guess.... It at least not over location markers. Didn't discover it until 1/4 through torna and was like "whooa look at that!". I think it's becausei thought that was the fast travel screen and the L3 map was the map. That would have made quests easier. But a lot of quests still couldn't be done for ages after you get them. Torna does it right.

NEStalgia

Trajan

@Tsurii Honestly the game really isn't that hard. I remember on Dec 1 dying like 5 times in the first battle against Malos, but once I knew how the game worked it was quite easy except for super bosses.

I never had any trouble in Torna. Actually as I type this, I just beat Torna in NG+ on BoC. Hidden affinity completed, Jin, Mythra, and Brigidt are S+, Haze, Minoth, and Aegeon are S7 or S8. Community spirit for pouch items. I'm level 51 (I downleveled several times). Wasn't even difficult.

What I find funny are people who say the game is too difficult and therefore hate it. Like lol. Usually those are man childs though.

If anyone is interested, I can post the special artwork that's unlockable in the main game if you have the DLC and beat Torna. I just learned about it today.

Gonna use the one to make a poster like My Nintendo JPN has available. Maybe even get the fancy polymer/acrylic.

hirokun

I commited the cardinal sin of RPGs....I picked started playing 2 games at once! Disgea 1 remaster came out and I dove right in. Normally I loathe that style of RPG, but I mean...its a prinny good game dood.

Anyhow, Torna has really been impressive and I think I'm afraid of finishing it because then it will be over and I'll have to wait years for another xenoblade/monolift game. Though I do hold out hope that they will port xenoblade X to switch and have it ready for golden week next year.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Deku-Scrub

@hirokun I get what you mean with not wanting it to be over, after finishing Torna just a few days ago and beating the base game almost a year ago now, I definetly feel a sense of emptiness from having no more of this incredible story to enjoy and world to explore.

Idealy Xenoblade X2, 3, or whatever else they may come up with don’t take ages to come out, but the fact that they have begun working on a new project has my hopes up that we can expect a new game in about 3 or 4 years.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Cynas

@Trajan The artwork really is quite nice. It's too bad we can't set custom backgrounds on the Switch, would be nice to use that picture.

Also, speaking of getting characters to S+, I really wish the base game included the same key items that Torna has which increase trust when getting Blades to max affinity in battle. Would have made trust grinding way less tedious.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic