Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 301 to 320 of 3,602

Dezzy

Slightly off topic but not really.

This tweet made me laugh out loud:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Luna_110

I loved X, and while it has stuff it wasn't really good (like the main story feeling disjointed at times), I hate when people say "the world was too empty! It should have had more cities!".
How are you going to have more cities if you crash landed on a foreign planet three months ago (in game), and they barely have resources to support NLA?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

TuVictus

XCX is one of the few open world games where the lack of cities didn't bother me at all, just because of how meticulously crafted the rest of the world was. There was almost always something to find that kept every area interesting. Same for the original game. I especially loved the feeling of leveling up by finding the hidden areas.

TuVictus

Dezzy

The frontpage hasn't even reported on this new footage. I was definitely right that this game has become incredibly underhyped, despite the fairly loud initial response.

@Luna_110

They could've had cities for the other races. They could've also had another town somewhere that was made out of debris that fell off the main ship.

They already did stuff along these lines. Having that alien ship in NLA and then the camp inside the mountain for the cat people. Both of these could've been replaced by actual proper villages. I was expecting there to be a nopon village in Noctilum somewhere, given how similar it was to their home in XC1

Edited on by Dezzy

Luna_110

@Dezzy
How? The only indigenous race to Mira were the Nopon, and it was established they nomad caravans instead of an advance species like the Ma-non.
Both the Ma-non and the Wrothian are, like the humans, races that found themselves in Mira only three months (top) before the game began. The Wrothians lost their planet and most of their stuff and got to Mira working with the Ganglion.

And I insist, another town for the humans wouldn't have worked out. In the Water Plant side missions, they state that NLA's water plant can't sustain the city, and with all the additional residents you get, the Bianho water plan is the only option, takes a ton of resources to work and you get Alien's wanting to eat you around.

Plus, why would they want to build a new city when they can't even find the Lifehold, and if they don't find the lifehold they all just die. Kinda useless to build a city if you are going to be dead

It's similar to what the Spanish did when they arrived in the new world - they hunkered in a single place before trying to explore the rest of South America. Maybe that's why it doesn't seem weird to me.

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

@Luna_110

Well I can't remember a lot of the details of the timeline at this point. But surely they could've changed it so the Wrothians had been there a few years. Long enough to build a town.

And I think I'm right that the palace and factories on Cauldros were supposed to be remnants of a previous civilisation. Same with the giant ring on Oblivia. So that same reasoning could've been used to justify a pre-existing town in Noctilum or Sylvilum.

kkslider5552000

Snaplocket wrote:

Ah yes, just because he has a different opinion then yours, that automatically makes him wrong. I mean, who cares if models in Smash always looked off compared to the games they came from. Who cares if everyone's different. Who cares about freedom of speech. This guy's opinion doesn't line up with yours do that makes him "wrong" wonderful.

PS: I'm almost 100% certain you didn't mean to come across as a jerk, but it drives me nuts when someone gets told off just for expressing their opinion.

lolololol

i dunno, i've just done the hyperbole of "objectively wrong how dare you, my opinion is fact" schtick long enough while making fun of every other people with actual pointlessly judgmental opinions (lol the Other M thread is super recent yo) that everyone would just know when i'm joking. I assumed anyway.

Anyway, I just remembered that it will be ages before I get a Switch so as soon as the game is out anywhere, I'm gonna have to avoid this game entirely. I somehow wasn't spoiled about things for the previous games, but I still don't want to risk that happening for this one.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheGreenMiner13

I just thought of something, I don't know if anybody noticed but there are Nopon in XC2 (in the very first trailer for the game, which was at the Switch presentation event, you can see them). So does that mean that XC1 and XC2 are in the same universe? Maybe not on the same planet though.

TheGreenMiner13

Dezzy

@TheGreenMiner13

There are Nopon in XCX too, which is a different universe. It's obviously just their version of moogles. Doesn't mean anything for continuity.

Far better reason to assume they're connected is that they called it Xenoblade 2 even though they'd broken that naming convention with the 2nd game. And the fact that a new world was created at the end of XC. When Shulk's talking to the monado at the end, it says something along the lines of "this new world has many new lifeforms and places to see".
Seems very likely that's how they'll be linked, if they are.

erv

As long as nopon have someone to sell their stuff to other than you in x they were merchants for... evello!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TheGreenMiner13

@Dezzy That could be true, there is just one thing: Elysuim, in the E3 trailer Rex narrates that it's built on the world tree or something, and there is the Titans, which seem to be much larger and higher than Bionis and Mechonis. But XC2 could take place hundreds of years after XC1, although I doubt it. Or its just a whole new world which has nothing to do with the other two games.

TheGreenMiner13

Dezzy

@TheGreenMiner13

Which do you think looked bigger than Bionis and Mechonis? I haven't seen anything that big.

And we don't see anything about the new world at the end of XC, except the remnants of Bionis, so I don't think we know enough to see whether they're connected or not.
I'm just thinking they will be based on the fact they called it Xenoblade 2. That wasn't the logical name to go with after Xenoblade X.

TheGreenMiner13

@Dezzy I was just thinking with the sea of clouds thing, the titans seem to be much higher. Also maybe the stories are set in this order: Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles and then Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

TheGreenMiner13

EvilLucario

We'll probably see something like Xenoblade Chronicles X2 or something, like how Mega Man handled it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

This game probably needs to sell quite well for them to continue the series. It can't have been a very profitable series so far.
I know Nintendo devs are good at doing things cheaper than other devs. But still. Xenoblade X must've cost quite a lot to make.

EvilLucario

Thankfully Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is mostly based off of X's engine and work, from what I've heard, so the budget shouldn't be as big. A lot of the work in X came from the engine, so XC2 should be mostly fine.

That said people need to hype it up a lot, show Nintendo where the money is at for games like that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Q: Where is the money at for games like that?

A: In the Final Fantasy series, irrespective of their quality.

EvilLucario

I was more referring to more Xeno titles, though other big RPGs like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy wouldn't hurt either.

Grumblevolcano

I could definitely see a XCX port and sequel coming to Switch especially since the Miiverse shutdown announcement. If Nintendo are going to wreck the functionality of many Wii U games I hope they at least bring the games to Switch somewhat keeping that functionality.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic