Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 301 to 320 of 902

MegaTen

Nice! That was a huge undertaking. Can't wait to hear that glorious soundtrack.

Done with gaming. Farewell people!

Octane

Still more than four months left to delay the game. I believe it when I see it

Octane

EvilLucario

I mean yeah, considering X's release and how much that got delayed, but they seemed to stick by the 2017 deadline ever since its unveiling, so I'll just wait and see.

EvilLucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tsurii

@Octane afaik, the game has been in planning/early development since around 2013 or 14 (don't think they ever said an actual number but Takahashi talked about how they sorta, kinda worked on both Xenoblade games simultaneously for a while) and with them using X's engine they wouldn't need anywhere near as much time for 2 as for that.

I'd honestly be shocked if they push the game outside of 2017. They would've already done that if there were any bigger issues that could force such a delay.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Luna_110

If only they would give a specific date so we can do away with the chances of a delay... I won't have any semblance of free time when this releases in December if the lengths of the original and of XCX are any indication.
The only shame is no mechs to wreck stuff, but I still hope that we'll get XCX2

Massive backlogs are a gamer's worst enemy
Now playing: Bravely Default, Zelda Twilight Princess HD

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

MFD

Can't help but feel this game is going to be a disappointing when considering XC1's story. "Boy meets girl" and looking at Rex compared to Pyra..... I don't even.

MFD

SKTTR

I play Xeno for the free exploration, for its unique worlds, its fresh stories, and for its music.
It helps that the graphics are among the best of their generation too and that the gameplay is modern, and the battles are fast-paced and rather deep.

I hoped that the collectibles (the blue dots and crystals) would now be more like the materials in BotW, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Xeno2. I also don't like the character art style as much as in Xeno1 and XenoX, because for me they look like... hmmm.. Tales of Symphonia characters maybe. Not a biggie for me though, a few hours in I'm sure I will change my mind and get accustomed. The game is going to be great. I think it will be better at Xeno1 at least, if not better than XenoX.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Snaplocket

@UmniKnight Xeno1 and X's stories really weren't very good at all. Xeno1's story was super cliche and slowly paced while X's plot was intentionally given a backseat to focus more on the world and characters (which in my opinion, was a change for the better). By the way, the art style in Xeno1 and X was one of the most bland and generic anime art styles I've seen in a long time. Maybe it's just taste, but Xeno 2 artistically seems to be a far stronger game just on concepts alone.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

MFD

@Snaplocket It's your every-day bog-standard Anime style. Artistically better how? Yes, XC1 and 2 look aged, but they had their own look about them, instead of looking so generic, it couldn't get any worse.

XC1 had a great story. It led you astray the whole time, only then to break the story itself with a cool twist. When I hear "Boy meets girl" I can only imagine it'll be that cliche anime story that gets all the kiddies in.

MFD

MFD

@SKTTR Better than Xeno1? With that plot for a story? Do allow me to laugh myself into a C position.

MFD

Snaplocket

@UmniKnight It's your opinion, I'm just voicing mine.

In all seriousness, Xenoblade 1's story was super predictable and very slowly paced. At least X's story wasn't that. X had a stronger cast of characters too.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Snaplocket

MFD

@Snaplocket I enjoyed both of them, but the twist is what made XC1 as great in my eyes. I don't believe that "Boy meets girl" as a premise, with the change of art style to get a "broader demographic" will amount to very interesting story in XC2. I feel they're going too juvenile in trying to get more people on-board with the game.

That said, I'd gladly be proven wrong, but Rex in contrast to Pyra rubbed me the wrong way. That and his English voice... blurgh...

Edited on by MFD

MFD

CrazedCavalier

@UmniKnight The first Xenoblade's story wasn't that great to begin with; the first half of it moved too slowly and after the "twist" (which most people saw coming and was just really well executed in that one scene), the game goes the way of info dumps and astronomically raising the stakes.

I don't see 2's story being bad. Unremarkable, yeah, but really so was the original's.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MFD

@CrazedCavalier I quite liked the original XC1, and would daresay it's one of the better stories out there. Given, I wasn't as old back then as I am now, and not as good at predicting stories. Hell, any story that can break expectations, or allows the protagonist to see things like a betrayal and twist them in their own advantage gets my vote.

But I can't see XC2 amounting to much. That trailer showed the tragic bits with Pyra falling down, separating from Rex, having him fight without her for a while, and she's obviously going to end up captured or corrupted and he has to save her, same old stuff we've seen all so many times before.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

CrazedCavalier

@UmniKnight XC1 didn't do anything really new, either; when it came out, most of the hype was around the gameplay with story opinions being more "eh". It wasn't until around we started getting Xenoblade X info (and Chuggaaconroy's LP of the first game) that people suddenly started acting like the story was the best thing ever.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MFD

@CrazedCavalier I always thought the story was pretty damn good, and wasn't all that impressed by the gameplay instead. Guess I got the message backwards

MFD

SKTTR

UmniKnight wrote:

@SKTTR Better than Xeno1? With that plot for a story? Do allow me to laugh myself into a C position.

Don't get me wrong, I played the heck out of both.
I love the design of both Xeno worlds, I liked all the characters more or less (but definately more than in most RPGs), and was surprised by the crazy twists in both.

It's just personal taste that I like the survival and exploration on a foreign planet to build up a new colony more interesting due to its realism, than adventuring on the bodies of frozen-in-time giants to fight godlike entities to become God.

Anyway, I see the appeal of Xeno2's floating titan worlds and the humongous tree. It will be a lot more like Xeno1 than Xeno2, with bits of Secret of Mana and Skies of Arcadia.

I wish Xeno games could somehow incorporate co-op though. There's so much more fun to be had when you roleplay together, as seen in Secret of Mana, Phantasy Star Online, Diablo, and the many mmorpgs.

I hope Xeno2 brings the online introduced in XenoX forward somehow.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

MFD

@SKTTR But all of that is built on the juvenile premise of "Boy meets girl" Or should I say "Generic-Kid-Protagonist boy Nr.982 meets Adult-looking-save-for-face girl"

MFD

SKTTR

UmniKnight wrote:

@SKTTR But all of that is built on the juvenile premise of "Boy meets girl" Or should I say "Generic-Kid-Protagonist boy Nr.982 meets Adult-looking-save-for-face girl"

I doubt this is really the case, because I know that girl can transform into the Xenoblade, and for that you're being hunted by a military empire. I don't know how many games started off like this but for me it's new. Most of the game, I assume, will be finding ways around the empire, visiting all of the floating titans and befriend party members from different species, including a Nopon. And so the adventure continues from one titan to another, until they finally reach the tree of life. That might not be the end of the game though, but that's what I expect and nothing more, I leave the rest open to surprise me.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic