Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 3,574

edhe

I've beaten it after 125 hours. It was so satisfying to defeat the final boss with a full burst (although maybe a little overkill, but if you misjudge these things, you risk falling without any party gauge to be revived with), although I didn't utilise the final special ability that you get when you enter the final chapter.

I am curious to see what's in the expansion pass, but I'll pick it up when the last of the content is released later this year. I had concieved playing through in Japanese, but in order to do that, I need to experience everything - including the blades I currently lack and their associated quests, so I'd probably play through Xenoblade Chronicles and Chronicles X before I did that.
I never did see everything both of those games had to offer, and I never did beat Rotbart and Gonzalez in the original...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody find the quest menu stopped working? It remains blank no matter what quests I have or what is active. Trying to decide if it is worth it to start over. Only 35 hours in.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GrailUK

@Ryu_Niiyama Oh no! I've never had that problem. Have you tried turning the Switch off? (Sorry if it sounds a daft question but you know, where you actually power it off - you know what I mean I'm sure lol)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

@Ryu_Niiyama All the quest menu being blank means is you've completed all the quests you've accepted. You can sort to view your completed quests if you want but it just works out fine to keep things how they are and when you next accept a quest, the menu won't be blank.

If you're instead talking about the bar which shows you blue/pink warning signs, that being blank is normal too as there are some quests that don't give you the specific location you need to go to (these are generally quests involving finding items that can be obtained by salvaging or collection points).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tsurii You got it. I had it set on main quest (even though that still doesn't show up but whatever...I only need to see the side quests). I thought I'd gone through all the filters but apparently I when I set it to All and it was still blank I tried Main Quests and forgot to go back and check the rest. Thank you. Was gonna pull my eye out and toss it across the room if I had to start over.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

Turns out New Game+ is coming in mid-February.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

scubydo

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Turns out New Game+ is coming in mid-February.

no!! I just now got to chapter 4...

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Grumblevolcano

I'll probably time my 2nd playthrough with a game drought region, so like late spring/early summer. Dark Souls Remastered seems too big of a get for any big 1st party games to be released between Tropical Freeze and late June so that'll probably be a perfect time for a 2nd playthrough.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

Good bye another 70+ hours of my life.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

ya I am going to wait until all the DLC has been released for my 2nd play through. that will be my completionist play through. theres a lot of stuff I didnt do before or after beating the game, like 10 rare blades I didnt find + the DLC blade, then all the DLC quests + after that the new story line... my second play through is going to be hella fun.
do you guys think the new story line is going to be a new map where all the titans merged into the same land mass at the end??? that would be amazing and could be like 60+ hours gameplay

Inertiacreep

Grumblevolcano

@Inertiacreep I think the new story line is going to be an alternate outcome of chapter 10 so like maybe time doesn't run out when you defeat the current final boss and afterwards you head back to Klaus, he tasks you getting his other half back with the help of the DLC blade (which I think will be Shulk). You explore some new areas of existing places, there ends up being a new final boss and the ending changes.

Grumblevolcano

EvilLucario

They said you can play the DLC without beating the game, so that would make absolutely no sense. It only enhances your enjoyment from the story, they said.

Either it's an epilogue, a side story that focuses on the other different characters, or a completely unrelated story.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Inertiacreep

Tsurii wrote:

@EvilLucario considering they join your party anyway, and have arts they "learn", I could imagine a sidestory of sorts for Jin and/or Malos. Would also tie into the whole thing about getting to use "those blades"

This is also highly likely.. actually the best damn thing in the world would be if it took place 500 years ago with adom

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii You'd still have to beat the game before you could access the DLC though if that was the case as extra blades are a New Game+ feature. I don't know much about New Game+ in games but I'm pretty sure for every case you have to beat the game once to access the New Game+.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

AlternateButtons

The Spirit Crucible Elpys is the worst designed level in the entire game. Dear God it's SO confusing with its layout, your path forward is crawling with tons of enemies that can kill you VERY easily and to boot your blades are weakened. I just want to get to the center but EVERYTHING wants to kill me! I've spent a good few hours in here already and it just sucks the fun right out of the game. I just got to the bridge where the wooden gate opens up, thinking it was the end but NOPE an extra 1000 feet for you! Why does this game INSIST on being so frustrating?!

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Inertiacreep

@AlternateButtons idk, the only trouble i remember having was that i couldn't defeat the boss mobs in there. Maybe you need to make some adjustments and also make sure you have some good pouch items

Inertiacreep

AlternateButtons

@Inertiacreep Adjustments where? I'm level 46-51, I'm using Tora because he's the only one who can take any hits from aggroed enemies and on TOP of that I just learned I need to burn down a big Spider web which of course I CAN'T do because field skills is a horrible mechanic that's hard to grind for. So now I'm back in Argentum trying to to grind Brighed's Fire mastery and Keen Eye. It's really making my blood boil with how asinine this part is.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic