Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,601 to 2,620 of 3,980

Heavyarms55

Whoa whoa whoa! I just had a Blade get S1 level Affinity! I didn't know that was a thing! How do I see the level and what is the actual cap? Is there one? I had assumed S for a complete chart was maxed out!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

jtmnm

@Heavyarms55 S+ is the cap. You reach that after S9. I have a few Blades at the S+ rank. They're pretty broken. LOL! To view a Blade's rank and additional information, cycle the menu on the bottom-right while viewing a Blade's stats.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

edhe

What benefits do these higher affinity levels offer? Faster switches? Higher damage?

I noticed that too, and couldn't figure it out.

On a semi related note, I was looking at some affinity charts - Zenobia's in particular, with her requirements being to be in the party when you defeat various unique opponents, and I thought to my self what the map needs is a filter for all of the grave stones for fallen monsters. lso, it would be handy if the grave stones told you the monster and its level.
Although, I suppose I could easily just check online.

My last activity before I removed the card from my switch (and move on to Fire Emblem Warriors) was to beat Territorial Rotbart. I don't remember getting anything decent from it though...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Tsurii

@edhe I'm not sure what else I'd affected but the blades raw attack power gets boosted. It's a pretty significant boost, too, but I can't tell you any actual numbers.

I figure stuff like affinity and block rate get affected by it as well, but I haven't really looked into it all. Attack's just the most noticeable when you suddenly see auto attacks hit for twice as much as before lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

AlternateButtons

I feel like I complain too much in this forum and I really hate that I do that, so I'm gonna say some nice things about this game because BELIEVE IT OR NOT I actually really love it despite how frustrated I get.

Damn this game is beautiful. Even in portable mode where the resolution takes a hit, it's still gorgeous to look at. Character designs are cool, monster designs are as awesome as ever, I love how detailed the foliage is and this game makes great use of particle and environmental effects.

The characters themselves are all super interesting as I see them develop. Even Tora with how annoying he can be, has his moments where I actually feel something for him. Nia is such a cool character, she's probably my favorite aside from Rex. And Pyra and Mythra lend themselves well to both dramatic and humorous moments despite their serious disposition and backstory.

When they were taken by Jin and Malos at the end of Chapter 6, I was PISSED. Like damn I've never been more motivated to save a video game character before. As soon as Chapter 6 ended, I wanted to continue and beat Chapter 7 IMMEDIATELY because I couldn't stand the thought of leaving the game on that note. (Though I had to due to having work the next day.) I'm almost through Chapter 7 now, about to beat the Phantasms. Despite how frustrating the Spirit Crucible Elpys is, the thought of saving Pyra at the end of it will make it worth it.

And finally, the battle system is probably the best its ever been. It's concise, easy to understand and I always feel like I have full control over what happens. There are times where the game tries to switch it up and throws in a weird mechanic in a boss fight but overall, I really love the combat. Still getting used to the whole breaking orbs thing but other than that, I feel like I have a solid grasp on how everything works. That's a first for a Xenoblade game for me.

Overall, I really do enjoy this game. It's frustrating as heck at times but the characters and story keep me going. It's flawed but fun.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Grumblevolcano

@AlternateButtons The key regarding getting a specific blade element is the chart which shows Compassion, Trust, Bravery, and Truth in addition to boosters. For example if your driver has a low Bravery level compared to the other 3 and you use no Bravery boosters, it's rare that you'll get fire/water blades.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AlternateButtons

@Grumblevolcano ...That's what those things do? Shoot. I just kept applying boosters randomly thinking it was applying some sort of added effect to a vanilla crystal. I had no idea it was referring to the characters themselves.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Grumblevolcano

I'm trying to complete Poppi's affinity chart but can't get 50,000 points in Tiger! Tiger!, anyone got some advice?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spidey-Scrub

So, I'm near the end of chapter 8, and have everyone at at least Level 60, but I'm stuck at the final(?) hallway of the World Tree where there are a few teams of the motorcycle robot enemies, the giant robot enemy, and a few others. I unfortunately keep dying at this part and can't even beat 1 team of 3 of the motorcycle enemies, any suggestions? Do I need to simply level up to beat them, or am I missing something? On Rex I got Mythra, Roc, Wulfric, on Nia I got Dromarch and 2 common healers, and on Zeke I have attackers I believe, along with Pandoria.

Deku-Scrub

Spider-Man, Spider-Man, why the heck can't I be Spider-Man.

edhe

@Grumblevolcano

Do you know you get bonuses for a perfect run - that is, no damage, all treasure, all ether crystals and all enemies defeated.
You can play it on easy, with no penalty to your score. I achieved a score of 75,910 on the first stage.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Grumblevolcano

@edhe All enemies defeated doesn't seem to count towards perfect, I managed to get perfect just from no damage, all ether crystals and all treasure.

Grumblevolcano

edhe

@Grumblevolcano

I can't confirm this, but if defeating enemies adds to your score, it'll be multiplied when the perfect bonuses are applied, and you'll get a greater score than you would if you didn't kill any. I can't remember if defeating the enemies actually gives you score, so correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the best score you can get though?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Grumblevolcano

@edhe I only defeated some of the enemies and got 74,782. I know there's a special bonus unrelated to perfect that involves not killing any of the enemies.

@NintenNinja16 I'd recommend leveling up some more so basically side quest and merc mission completion. Don't forget that increasing the dev level of regions opens up more of these.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

edhe

So you managed it?

I just looked it up on reddit, and from what I understand, you get points for kills and items (even duplicate spanners or oxygen tanks or whatever).
Furthermore, you get a bonus to your score by:

• Finishing the level with full health (although you should be careful not to get hit without having collected the spanner upgrade, as you will lose a treasure chest)
  • Achieveing 3 medals.

You can get other medals by collecting all ether crystals (which will reward you with a further 100 crystals), collecting all treasure chests (which will reward you with a further 300 crystals), and, apparently, by not killing an enemy, although, in my understanding, you need to either kill all enemies or avoid all of them for the optimal score. It's not something I was aware of.
There isn't a medal for killing them all, after all.

I found this information on the Xenoblade reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7hz41i...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/7ilgo9...

I never really bothered with Poppi - I installed a Tank III mod on her, but the more advanced gear was locked out, so I didn't really feel compelled to bother with it, when I wasn't able to outfit her with the best gear. I've since gotten all of the tech manuals, so it might be something I'll look in to, now I've beaten the story.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

EvilLucario

Yeah, Poppi is by far the single best Blade in the game. She's the fastest and easiest way to solo superbosses, and can really give Rex a run for his money in terms of DPS/DPM, even with him maxed out. I used Tora for the entire game, he carried me so hard during Chapter 7 lol.

Poppi is probably my favorite character in XC actually, overtaking Melia from XC1 as my past favorite.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Mossii

This £29.99 at Argos right now. Amazon too but they are sold out, you can order from Amazon but it won't be fulfilled for 1-2 months.

Mossii

RR529

@AlternateButtons, I believe my entire party was around level 60 at that point. Just for reference.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

meleebrawler

@AlternateButtons It never gets easier, friend, and unlike Xeno X there's no magic enemy level-down feature if you're getting repeatedly beaten down by story enemies. You can't just stop fighting if you're currently evenly matched with opponents, otherwise later ones WILL pull ahead.

...Forgive me for asking, but are you actually using the experience you accrue from quests by sleeping in inns?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons When you discover new Locations/Landmarks, complete sidequests, and (I think) finish Merc Missions, you get bonus XP. When you rest at an Inn, you can cash in on that XP to instantly level up. If you haven't claimed any XP at all, you'll likely have enough XP to go up like 10+ levels or something.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Fooligan

@AlternateButtons In every Xenoblade game I've played (XC, XCX, XC2) the easiest way to level up is to complete quest. Yeah the ones in this game are long and require you to do multiple things to complete but it will be more efficient to do them than grind on enemies for the same amount of time.

Merc missions aren't as bad as you make them out to be. You send off some blades you aren't using and go about doing your business in the game, in 15-30 minutes they come back with exp, items, and upgraded field skills. You keep sending off groups on new missions and all that experience adds up.

I don't know what else to say that can help you out. You say you understand how the battles work. Maybe try a different team set up. Try out different blades on your drivers that benefit their role. Make sure your blades are equipped with the latest and strongest core chips you have found or bought.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic