Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,581

Grumblevolcano

The switching blades affinity chart task for Pyra is really annoying, I only started switching blades in battle quite late into the main story (I only really starting using it when I understood the orb system) so by the time I had completed the main story I was only at around 2000/4000 as a result of my other party members being the main source of switching. Pretty sure she would be at S+ by now if not for that preventing S rank.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Tsurii Ehh, a couple levels. But most named enemies are. The update said it made the quest completable regardless of story progress. But the enemy would not spawn until after I progressed the story.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

So I just did Electra's heart to heart and something went very wrong with Pyra's model. Really not sure how else to describe it: it broke and then d out hard core. Shaking like crazy from the waist up. In 212 hours of gameplay this is the only time I have seen such a glitch. It was honestly pretty funny, but I hope it doesn't pop up again. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Edited on by gcunit

Feel free to add me

Ryu_Niiyama

I got caught up in raising the dev level in torigoth and I got my first game crash...I so wish I had saved...

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Heavyarms55

@Ryu_Niiyama 212 hours and I never had a crash, what were you doing when it happened???

Feel free to add me

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 I've had one crash before and that was after the credits which made me think a system like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time was implemented where you have to close the game after completion to go back into the game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AlternateButtons

This game has a nasty habit of introducing party wiping attacks midboss battle.

What do I do about the Power Cables in Chapter 5? I can get its health down to 1/4 but then it does an attack that just wipes out every party member. Attacking the Core Robot does nothing.

I hear the gimmick of this battle is to build up your party gauge so you can do a chain attack and kill it in one strike but I fail to see how that's possible when the game literally won't let me build it up. I got a Chain attack off ONCE and it wasn't enough. I've been at this for an hour.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Keep an eye out for those attacks and evade/block them with an appropriate Art. For example, Rex has Roc with Wild Scythes and Morag has Brighid with Azure II: Judgement that grants them complete evasion during their Art. Tora also has Rigid Shield that increases his block chance.

This section is a bit useless in hindsight since you're apparently getting one-shot, but you can also elect to play more defensively and attach a healer/tank Blade to Rex. Or play some Tiger Tiger to make Poppi better to create some Mods that would really help. For example, Teamheal RAM that heals your party for x% of damage on your Special Art is really good (depending on the rank), or Flank Force RAM that can do 100%-150% extra damage per Special Art if you attack from the side, or flat out extra damage with max Affinity as a passive skill (when you have a gold connection between your Blade and Driver, also allows you to build up to level 4 Special Arts).

Chain Attacks can only one-shot bosses if you burst enough orbs. For that boss, I recommend getting two orbs on, then Chain Attack to burst at maybe 33%-50% health.

Alternatively, if you're not above using exploits, finishing a Blade Combo or using a level 4 Special Art or Chain Attack gives you invincibility frames that lets your entire party survive/block hits during the animation.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Well I haven't finished the main story yet, so I haven't seen the credits. If it happens to me I will let you know.

Feel free to add me

scubydo

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Well I haven't finished the main story yet, so I haven't seen the credits. If it happens to me I will let you know.

wow, after all the hours you put in...lol I thought you had finished the main part? Of course, I am planning to try to farm for all the rare blades and then build their affinity skills before dealing with the end...whenever I get there...still in chapter 3...wondering around.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkfenrir

https://i.imgur.com/NpCmjB2.jpg

Does anyone have idea on how to get to that ? place? I'm at Chapter 9 at Gormott, and it's just... I tried from the left or the right and both have no way to get up... I tried to get down to the lake and still nothing @[email protected] I have no idea anymore.

Edit: Nevermind, got answered in another forum. Glad I'll manage to reach this questgiver yay!

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Heavyarms55

Anyone else having an issue with Gorg's quest where it says you don't have space for rewards? They are key items, it's not like you can get rid of key items!

Feel free to add me

edhe

Borealis was the blade I was thinking about when looking at the sihouette, and while he isn't actually a nopon, he does have the nopon skill which allowed me to open a few of those locks in Argentum. I got him via a legendary core crystal

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ryu_Niiyama

@Heavyarms55 I just walked out of Torigoth. That's it. I wasn't in a battle or anything. Just exiting the city and it just crashed. lost 3 hours of work. Had to put it down for a bit after that. Playing stardew and fire emblem warriors right now for a little while.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Please tag me before you sent a Friend Request. Thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Imerzion

Went ahead and bought this game today, went against myself not to buy anything until MH World but the struggle was too much.

Any tips for a newcomer to the series? I’ve just got onto chapter two (crash landed on the Titan) enjoying what I’ve seen so far, a lot more than I’m enjoying Breath of the Wild.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

darkfenrir

@Imerzion As fellow newcomer to the series, I would say that keep in the skills with extra stuff in them, like knockback, launch, break, topple are good. Even if they do nothing else, those are really, really useful.

Then I guess just screenshot and pay attention to tutorial, and you can also throw questions here if you have some!

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Heavyarms55

@Ryu_Niiyama Weird. I am in Torigoth a lot, never happened to me.

Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic