Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 3,898

scubydo

@Tsurii Cool? I guess. I am working on the Chapter 2 quests that they added right now.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

zionich

@Tsurii Ancient Cilinders maybe? I never found one just talked to an npc about them.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii Premium Cylinders, they can be purchased at the salvaging shops. It's luck based whether they appear though so just like with Rare Blade summoning, you have to deal with RNG. The DLC quest gives you a method which doesn't involve RNG.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

scubydo

okay just made it past the ship part at the beginning of chapter 3...this game just gets bigger and bigger...I have so many things I can do, I don't know what to do next...lol level my blades, develop, quest, main story, salvage etc...

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

edhe

I've played over 99 hours so far - currently on chapter 9, I think ("Rain"), and I'm experiencing a considerable difficulty spike, despite the recently acquired story related blade really tearing up the enemies (providing you can stay alive long enough to get the combos going).

The difficulty comes when you've got these tough enemies that start summoning other allies. I don't mind a challenge, but I like to try avoid getting into battles against 4 or 5 different enemies. I think the targeting is my main issue - when you've got multiple targets to worry about, and the targeting reticule highlights some other enemies in the near distance, it can get a bit hectic.

I thought I was going to be able to finish the game soon, but I think a bit of grinding is in order. I've still got some quests that need to be done. I'm also keen to get a blade with Nopon conversation skills. I'm guessing one of the silhouettes in the blade gallery is a nopon with the relevant skill, and I'd really like to get it because theres some sidequests in Goldmouth that I'm really keen to check out.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

EvilLucario

If you get enemies that constantly summon reinforcements, apply a Dark seal to prevent them from calling them.

It makes one of the superbosses that rely on it even more of a joke than it already is.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

edhe

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@edhe you want the blade Kasandra, can be obtained from a quest

Thanks. I was wondering about blade quests - so far I've only obtained Vess & Wulfric through quests, although the latter was from a core crystal you get in the main story.

EvilLucario wrote:

If you get enemies that constantly summon reinforcements, apply a Dark seal to prevent them from calling them.

It makes one of the superbosses that rely on it even more of a joke than it already is.

Is that an accessory? I don't think I have one of them yet, but I'll look out for it. Fortunately, the particular area I was struggling on did allow me to bypass the brunt of the enemies, after beating one of them.
If I can paint a picture (if you're far enough in, you might recognise the area), there were two giant robots on raised platforms, a channel between them leading to an elevator, and an even bigger robot emerges between the two. The smaller robots summon bike robots (from nowhere), and there are masts (with two more bike robots) that rally any nearby enemies towards you.
In this case, I went after on of the robots on his pedestal, he summoned his friends as usual, but I was able to deteat them, and slip behind without engaging either of the two other large robots.

And that's not even mentioning the preceding area with its gauntlet of flying enemies that all seem to attack you at once.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

kyleforrester87

@edhe Dark seal is when a dark art is used as the final stage of a blade combo. As for that area, the enemies are kind of tough, don't forget you can draw enemies toward you by throwing a stone at them, it's easier to pick them off one at a time. And if all else fails it's actually pretty easy to just run past everything lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

edhe

@kyleforrester87

I'm not aware of those effects - I'll look in to that. Am I to assume the other elements inflict different effects? Wind for example (my most commonly used finisher) inflicts blowback unless the enemy resists it.
There's so much to take in during the battle, I'd probably missed any such effect - although to be fair, I seldom finish a blade combo with dark anyway.

I'd recently sussed out driver combos though, and when combined with blade combos, they're handy for filling up the gauges.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

kyleforrester87

@edhe when you start a combo it might say "seal" or some other word, I actually didn't know it worked like the other poster said but I'm assuming what he's saying is if you end a seal combo with a dark art it'll have that effect

Do try and lead single enemies to you with the stone throw if possible to make it easier though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

edhe

@kyleforrester87

I think I'm on the brink of understanding every mechanic now. The only thing that confuses me is, during a party combo, how your party choose different seals to target. Sometimes, I've hit a seal twice, then the last party member goes and targets the undamaged seal. Again, with the chapter 8/9 mechanic, breaking seals is now a lot easier (provided you make the preparations), but many a time, I've fudged it up by not thinking ahead.
At least the seals keep their condition for the next attempt.

As for the lure command, I use it whenever I can, although there are some situations where a whole group aggros when you hit one of them.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Tsurii

@edhe getting Kassandra's core crystal isn't part of a quest. You have to buy info about a unique monster (something with Morlin or Marlin in the name) and then do some salvaging to find said monster.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Grumblevolcano

@edhe The blade you pick for the chain attack always goes for the opposite orb if there is one, so:

• Water blade targets Fire orb
  • Fire blade targets Water orb
  • Electric blade targets Earth orb
  • Earth blade targets Electric orb
  • Light blade targets Dark orb
  • Dark blade targets Light orb
  • Ice blade targets Wind orb
  • Wind blade targets Ice orb

Even if there's an orb with only 1 attack needed to break, undamaged orbs will be targeted if they're the opposite element. There's only 1 exception to this rule, a certain blade you've already met that targets all orbs.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

edhe

@Grumblevolcano

I knew that much (elemental weaknesses and the blade that targets all seals), but there are instances where you don't have an engaged blade of a relevant opposing element, whereby, they seem to target at random. In any case, at the beginning of each turn of the party combo, I've noticed even before you've picked the blade to attack, the seal they ultimately target flashes, so I assume in the result of a stalemate, they target the flashing seal (based on their original blade).

But again, the blade that targets all of the seals really simplifies things - provided you can break at least one seal by the end of the first round, you're home free.

Regarding seal effects, I finally sussed it out. I'd never actually read the text at the end of the branches, but I know what to aim for with certain enemies. I'd fought a unique monster that would detonate twice, knocking large amounts of HP off each time, but it turns out there's a seal effect that can prevent that - providing you don't shatter it.

Now 102 hours in, and still learning...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

kyleforrester87

@Tsurii @edhe Yeah it's not a quest, apologies. There is a process though and at the end she's guaranteed.

kyleforrester87

EvilLucario

Finally got my final RNG Rare Blade (KOS-MOS) after 160 hours! Now to finish up the rest of the sidequests and build trust to S+!

@Grumblevolcano And to add to that, there is an Aux Core that let you instantly destroy Orbs if you use the appropriate element. If you manage to destroy three Orbs within one turn using them, you can get a Full Burst instantly and melt enemies. Yet another Aux Core exists that lets you simply target damaged Orbs if you're not using any specific element.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

So I found that the recent update did not actually make "Riddle on the Wall" completable regardless of story progress. The last part, obtained in a certain late game location from an enemy - said enemy will still not spawn until after you enter the following area.

This could be because I had started the quest before the update however. Either way, all I had to do was enter the next area and then double back and the enemy was chilling right where he was supposed to be, despite having not been there before, with the only difference being that I entered the new area.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic