Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,494

Wichtel

Now played through the game too. Still have some of the Blade Quests left to do though.
I think the weakest part of the game is the beginning. Especially when you travel to Gormott alone and everything kills you, because you don't have a group.
Also some areas were difficult to find in the beginning. Later it gets easier, since you get used to the layout of the Titans.
Still a great RPG. Nice characters, great japanese voice-acting and beautiful environments.
Loved the interactions between Nia and the other characters.
Also the german subtitles are hilarious sometimes. Really well written (for the most part).

Wichtel

zionich

Chapter 7 should be titled "The Feels"

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Ciaran3012

I've been really enjoying Xenoblade 2, but I've hit a few walls that I need to grind to get past. I have spent about 5 hours stuck on Aeshma's Core now and I'm at the point of giving up.

Ciaran3012

Tsurii

@Ciaran3012 you have to destroy the cables, those have attack spikes tho. Basically means they reflect a large portion of your damage when the cables are below 50% health. Just get them to around half HP (or until you start seeing purple numbers pop up) and focus on the robot to build up your party gauge to hit the cables with a chain attack. Rinse and repeat, if they don't go down right away

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano You think so? It took me around 900 crystals, about 300 of which were rare to get all the blades, and the boosters only seems to have a minimal effect, so small that I can't tell if it was just a co-incidence or not.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@RR529 You like Dahlia but don't like Finch?! Wow your tastes are like the polar opposite of mine. lol, Dahlia is by far my least favorite design in the game.

Feel free to add me

scubydo

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Grumblevolcano You think so? It took me around 900 crystals, about 300 of which were rare to get all the blades, and the boosters only seems to have a minimal effect, so small that I can't tell if it was just a co-incidence or not.

I have been wondering this myself...when I used the boosts I got normal blades, but when I didn't use boosts I ended up getting Kos-mos and a few others...so I am wondering if they matter at all???

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

JTMnM

Incoming content!

Twitter Translator wrote:

Tomorrow at 19, (Friday), xenoblade 2 Ver. 1.2.0 update data and delivers expansion passes additional quests and items too!
Please click here for more information about adding content too! https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/dlc/index.html

Edited on by JTMnM

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

EvilLucario

Looks good, I'll postpone my Rare Blade grind for these quests.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Oh good news indeed! I will be looking forward to this! I was wondering when we'd hear more about the expansion pass!

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@scubydo I don't think they make it less likely to get the rare blades, but I think I have enough experience to say they provide little discernible benefit. I mean, around 900 Crystals and using the boosters vs not using them I saw no significant difference that couldn't be attributed to the usual RNG.

Feel free to add me

Tsurii

@scubydo @Heavyarms55 boosters don't raise the odds for rare blades actually, they raise the odds for specific elements afaik. I think your highest idea/thought cloud (what an idiotic name for that, BTW) stat determines which element you're most likely to roll.
So, if you want Zenobia, like me, you wanna use the boosters for wind and ice on a character with a high level in the corresponding stat.

The actual luck stat and quality of the core crystal is still more important for getting rarer blades (actual rare blades and lvl 4 common blades)
It's pretty easy to raise that one stupid high towards the end of the game, too. One of my characters sits at around 600-700 at lvl 85 right now, and I actually do get many more of the better common blades with the odd rare blade in between (4 to go, two of which are among my favorites, ugh. I'd rather just trade KOS-MOS for Zenobia and Electra)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Heavyarms55

@Tsurii That's what I was talking about. If they actually do have an effect, it is small because I still more often got the wrong element than what the numbers said I should have been getting.

Feel free to add me

Inertiacreep

@Tsurii zenobia would be awesome if you got her in the beginning of the game... I got her 120 hours in so I didnt even bother.. but if new game + lets you keep blades im going to use her first.

Inertiacreep

Heavyarms55

I just pulled off my first full burst chain attack using blades with maxed out affinity charts and some of the best core chips and my party at level 70... Let's just say I understand why the Aegis did so much damage 500 years ago! Seriously, so worth it! I don't understand how people can be speeding through the game, they are skipping so much awesomeness!

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@Inertiacreep The only way I would do new game plus is if we can keep our blades, or the make it much much easier to get them. I adore this game, but I am not grinding out all the blades again... at least not this year. lol

Feel free to add me

scubydo

@Heavyarms55 Hey do you happen to know what some of the different boosts are for some of the rare blades? I can't really find anything definitive anywhere. Also, I am in chapter 3, just starting it. So does that matter also? I currently have Azami, Godfrey, Electra, Gorg, Perun, and Kos-mos, aside from Nia, Dromach, and Pyra of course.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

iLikeUrAttitude

So the update is only good for people who bought the expansion pass?

Good... good
Let the weeb flow through you...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1693-4995-1592 | 3DS Friend Code: 3453-9931-7768

Heavyarms55

@scubydo Kos-Mos in chapter 3, you lucky potato!

The boosters have a very small affect in pushing what element type blade you get. For example Justice boosters increase your chance of light and dark. Just look at the colors to see which boosters push what element. But they do not have any describable affect on your chances to pull a rare blade. The only thing that benefits that is using rare or legendary core crystals, but even then, it is not a big increase. The more rare blades you collect, the harder it is to get more.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic