Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,923

Heavyarms55

I just pulled off my first full burst chain attack using blades with maxed out affinity charts and some of the best core chips and my party at level 70... Let's just say I understand why the Aegis did so much damage 500 years ago! Seriously, so worth it! I don't understand how people can be speeding through the game, they are skipping so much awesomeness!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@Inertiacreep The only way I would do new game plus is if we can keep our blades, or the make it much much easier to get them. I adore this game, but I am not grinding out all the blades again... at least not this year. lol

Feel free to add me

scubydo

@Heavyarms55 Hey do you happen to know what some of the different boosts are for some of the rare blades? I can't really find anything definitive anywhere. Also, I am in chapter 3, just starting it. So does that matter also? I currently have Azami, Godfrey, Electra, Gorg, Perun, and Kos-mos, aside from Nia, Dromach, and Pyra of course.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

iLikeUrAttitude

So the update is only good for people who bought the expansion pass?

Good... good
Let the weeb flow through you...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1693-4995-1592

Heavyarms55

@scubydo Kos-Mos in chapter 3, you lucky potato!

The boosters have a very small affect in pushing what element type blade you get. For example Justice boosters increase your chance of light and dark. Just look at the colors to see which boosters push what element. But they do not have any describable affect on your chances to pull a rare blade. The only thing that benefits that is using rare or legendary core crystals, but even then, it is not a big increase. The more rare blades you collect, the harder it is to get more.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

MsJubilee

What's with the difficulty spike in chapter 4? I beat all the beginning bosses in said chapter like nothing,but for some reason these Xenoblade X rejects just slaughter me. So stupid.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

scubydo

@Heavyarms55 So what is so special about Kos-mos? I find I am using Pyra more than most...but maybe its just me, and I don't have my head fully wrapped around the affinity development for Kos-mos.

Grumblevolcano

@scubydo KOS-MOS is only special to those who have played the PS2 Xenosaga games (a previous franchise Monolith Soft worked on). So in a way it's kind of like the F-Zero representation in Mario Kart 8.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jtmnm

@scubydo KOS-MOS is broken. She has a 20% Ether Mod, so she's perfect for a driver that can capitalize on that the most, like Nia. If you stack critical and Special I augments (aux cores, accessories, and weapon) on her, she can one-shot all normal enemies and even some superbosses. Her Special II also heals 50% of the party's health. Considering she's already an OP attack blade, that's ridiculous. The stat-building stuff is pretty endgame, but it's something to keep in mind. She can probably carry your party through most of the story. Also, if you're a fan of Xenosaga (like me ), she's great for nostalgia.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Heavyarms55

@scubydo @Grumblevolcano Not only was she from Xenosaga, which I didn't play but wish I had, she is the only other light type blade in the game. AND she is really powerful. Also I like beam (ether) cannons and female androids. #noshame

Feel free to add me

Heavyarms55

@MsJubilee I have no idea, I did not notice a spike in Chapter 4. What area are you in and what enemies are you having trouble with?

Feel free to add me

Inertiacreep

@scubydo she is the ultimate weapon and shouldn't be in this game it makes no sense for her story line and it makes no sense that she would stand back and let someone less effective and way less powerful fight for her

Inertiacreep

scubydo

JTMnM wrote:

@scubydo KOS-MOS is broken. She has a 20% Ether Mod, so she's perfect for a driver that can capitalize on that the most, like Nia. If you stack critical and Special I augments (aux cores, accessories, and weapon) on her, she can one-shot all normal enemies and even some superbosses. Her Special II also heals 50% of the party's health. Considering she's already an OP attack blade, that's ridiculous. The stat-building stuff is pretty endgame, but it's something to keep in mind. She can probably carry your party through most of the story. Also, if you're a fan of Xenosaga (like me ), she's great for nostalgia.

So i should overdrive her to Nia for best driver/blade compatability?

Inertiacreep

@scubydo half the time i run her with 3 healers because she switches to the attack blade at the worst times, but sometimes ill run 1 attack blade on her

Inertiacreep

jtmnm

@scubydo Yeah, that's what I did. I had 3 healer blades on Nia: knuckles, rings, and bitball weapons. The knuckles weapon doesn't have a dedicated healing art, so I replaced it with KOS-MOS. Nia got a significant ether boost and a great attacker as a result. Most healer blades have ether mods, so it should be easy to stack while keeping your favorite healers.

For more information on the setup, you can check out Nn Li's video. I didn't copy his build, but it was informative. (Spoilers, obviously!) It should help you understand how to properly capitalize on KOS-MOS's power.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

darkfenrir

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-...

Update is out, and the first wave of dlc quest is also out! (Only can do around 4 out of 5, since I haven't reach chapter 10 yet, but so far, so good- although I haven't started it and only grabbed it. The Chapter limited ones seems promising too with the missing nopons from tour and the ghost feast)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Tsurii

Ugh, had a mini heart attack earlier. Downloaded the update, started the game add didn't pay attention to the screen for a second because I had to get the phone. Came back to the game and was greeted by the title screen for a new/wiped save :s

Turns out I hit the dpad before confirming the profile I wanna play on lol
I think I would've legitimately teared up, if I lost another save tho. Only recently realized that my Generations save isn't saved on the cartridge after all... >.>

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

Can now skip voices in the menus. Farming trust just became a whole lot easier.

@Tsurii
Ya, Generations save is the extData on the microSD. But if you have your SD, it can be retrieved.

That's why I like modding systems later in their lifespan. I used JK Save Manager to back up all those saves, and then backed them up again by copying to PC.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Tsurii

@JaxonH don't have the SD card because the thing got stolen a while ago. Never checked if I was right till now, but I assumed it saves on the game itself for physical releases (and I think there are games that do that)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic