Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,613

AlternateButtons

I figured it out and beat Chapter 4! Thanks for all your help everyone! I really appreciate it.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Heavyarms55

Update! Mission accomplished! I have spent almost 20 hours over the last week or so grinding and opening core crystals to get the last 2 rare blades! And I finally did it! I got every last one! OOOOOOHHHHHH Man! Patience is a virtue! Now I can finally get back to the actual gameplay! Feels good man! Feels good! Newt and KOS-MOS round out the pack, but approximately 700 crystals later(just for those last 2) I did it!

Heavyarms55

scubydo

Is there a pattern for the rare blades? I am on chapter 2, and got the first core crystal and unlocked one of the generic blades uppin (robot looking) or something like that.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

RR529

Well, I'm a level below them (based on what I've heard), but I think I'm going to give up on what sidequests I have going and try the final boss (hopefully good pouch items can make the difference).

Two of the sidequests I have going would have me going up against enemies still out of my reach (a level 80 & a level 90 enemy, respectively), and a few others are having me traipse across Alrest looking for this or that & I'm getting impatient, lol.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Heavyarms55

@scubydo The very first crystal you use will always be common(and I have heard it's always wind). From there on, until you have them all, it's always a RNG based chance if you get common or rare. Rare or legendary crystals do not give rare or legendary blades, they increase your chances of getting a rare. Boosters (supposedly) influence your chances of getting specific element types. However after collecting all the rare blades and opening hundreds of commons, I can't say boosters have more than a tiny effect.

Heavyarms55

RR529

Finished it last night! Although it was a bit rough around the edges, it was a fantastic experience, and the ending was great! Based on what I had heard, I was expecting Pyra/Mythra to be gone for good, but was very pleasantly suprised to learn that wasn't the case!

I may go back to it when the story DLC releases (if it picks up where the main game leaves off in terms of difficulty, as I don't think I'm going to challenge the superbosses, or even the lvl 80 or higher unique monsters), but for now I'm going to take a much deserved break with some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

scubydo

@Heavyarms55 i read where you didnt like wiki guides to much...did you not use one for xc2?

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

maelis

Hello,

i have a question regarding unlocking the level 2 of the "bond ring" of a rare blade : it's the nopon that looks like a big grey balloon (a healer), i forgot his name. under the description it says that i need to go to the storehouse of the titan that i first visited (the one where there is a bazar, like a hub) and buy grilled meals/pouch or something....
the thing is i cannot locate this storehouse neither what to do to unlock the level 2 bond ring

Could somebody help me a bit on this please?

Edited on by maelis

maelis

bluemage1989

Finally have my copy ordered should be with me soon!! Any advise for a fairly experienced jrpg gamer but who doesn't have any experience with the series. I'm hearing a lot of different terms does it all make sense once I get going??

Currently playing Mario Odyssey, Arms and F Zero.

Inertiacreep

@maelis it's on one of the decks on the first level.. i think if you go out the door where the guy let's you send money back home, take a hard left.

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@bluemage1989 it's easy to pick up and throw 10 hours in it.. i think the only thing most people need help after investing some time in the game is a little clarification on how the combat works.

Inertiacreep

Heavyarms55

@scubydo Only very sparingly and after trying to find the answer myself. The overwhelming majority of XC2 can be figured out in game without much difficulty.

Heavyarms55

Grumblevolcano

I've got all the rare blades now, my final one (KOS-MOS) was obtained via the combination of rare core crystal and very high justice level. Boosters do work but for it to be meaningful you need to know the element of the blade you want.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

Now that I've had time to settle, my final opinion is that it's a fantastic game, but it has a few issues.

My biggest issue with the game would undoubtedly be the implementation of Field Skills (A certain area in Chapter 7 particularly drags on because of them, too). Outside of that, the only other issue was the portable resolution, but it didn't bother me as much as others (even in the field in Gormott & Torigoth, I was awaiting this terrible blurriness that, by my standards, never came). It certainly dipped at times, but maybe because I was largely 3DS only until now, it didn't bother me.

Other than that, everything else is gold. Great story, fantastic characters (including an enjoyable romantic element, though it's not one of my favorites in games), rewarding combat, wonderous locales, and I even really liked the Blade concept.

Inertiacreep

@RR529 I just beat it tonight @125 hours in w/ party lvl 65 (boss 70) I only used the inn for 1 level in the beginning of the game... I agree, its an amazing game with minor issues and I also think the field skills is the most annoying thing. The tedious switching around of party members. The merc missions are annoying too. KOS MOS inclusion is character concept ruining and immersion breaking.

I would give this game a 10/10 because theres so much good to outweigh the bad and when it comes down to it, its an amazing experience and honestly, this is the most impressive graphics experience Ive ever seen. Sure, PC is technically the best but for someone whos been using hardware since NES, the immersive visuals and varied environments all being pushed by a 6 inch screen with the only limiting factor towards graphical fidelity being a low resolution... this game knocked my socks off for 125 hours. I am living in the future.

I would say the story isnt the best thing ive ever seen, but i also wasnt expecting it to be.. I just expected a high quality story with some awesome cut scenes and thats what i got.

I finished missing 10 blades and even 3-4 that I found I never really used once. Whenever I decide to do another playthrough I have that to look forward to. I never found the fake KOS MOS, Im already like 6 hours into Xenosaga 1 getting the real fix and shes such a terror in this game its sad to me seeing people waste hours and hours just to have her bake cookies for you in XBC2 on some fake ass sh*.

Inertiacreep

edhe

Let me tell you about field skills!

I'm at a point in the story where I currently have one character with the focus field skill; Wulfric[/spoiler], and in order to meet the check, I need one more level. Unfortunately, in order to get it, I need to raise his affinity level, and it's locked behind a mission, that I'm unable to trigger because [spoiler]those characters aren't currently available.[/spoiler]. So my only recourse would have been to [spoiler]rescue them, by which time, they'd contribute the missing skill to meet the check any way.
In this example, it didn't even matter though, because the checks in question were concerning the interviews for the candidates for the Garfont administrator, and the only thing I was missing out on was flavour text.
But that didn't stop me from desperately bonding with over 30 common crystals in the hope of getting a blade with the relevant skill. It did reveal to me that I could have over 90 summoned blades at my point in the game, so that was useful.

I had spent some time yesterday training up the common blades, as it seems quite lucrative. For anyone who isn't aware, if you complete an affinity chart, you get an item that can give you a boost to your WP that you can use to upgrade your arts. Then, if you're done with them and you have a blade that can replace it's skill (I.E, you're not throwing away your last Dark Mastery blade), you can release them, and get a few boosters (more so, apparently, if it's fully trained) for when you summon the next one.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ryu_Niiyama

Finally started this. As usual I am bungling the battle system but I'm having fun so far. Had to hop onto JPN voices immediately... geez Rex sounds like he is being hit by a car in English. And Poppi/Hana is less weird in JPN imo.

Just started chapter 4, Focusing more on grinding and building affinity right now (since I'm always bad at the xenoblade battle systems for like 30 hours in I try to seriously over-level to compensate for me not pulling combos). Do you get anything for sending money home?

I love they mythos of the xenoblade series...the fact that divinity is just uber advanced science resonates with me way more than "magic cuz I said so" does.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

darkfenrir

@Ryu_Niiyama There's one side quest that will be unlocked around chapter 7 or 8 after you send another 90k iirc, forgot the exact amount but Max will tell you that you already sent enough for now anyway

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338 | 3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

Tsurii

@Ryu_Niiyama you don't need to grind at all, if you're doing a lot of the side quests as you go through the story. You won't become overleveled at all because the quest experience goes straight into sort of a bonus pool you can use up whenever you rest at an inn, if you really need that extra bit of strength. Best of both worlds.

Also, you need to give a few of the cutscenes a listen in english once you're done, because Poppi's VA is on point during a lot of the really emotional moments. Would be a shame, if you missed out on that

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

TheLZdragon

Is there a trick to the quest button (Y) on the field? It only works half the time for me

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic