Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,601

EvilLucario

@Ralizah It's not quite "the power of friendship", though it may seem similar. Just finish the chapter and it might all make sense.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-...

2 New Blades, one for Expansion Pass people, the other for people that have finished the game.

There'll be also:
Other updates in version 1.4.0 include:

On and after your second playthrough, Traveling Bards will be able to exchange EXP for Poppi Parts.
New sorting option added to the menu.

(And future plans:
Starting in May, we plan to add new quests, as well as even more new Rare Blades, challenge battles, an “Extreme” difficulty mode, and more for users who purchased the Expansion Pass.)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Extreme difficulty interests me the most out of all the free updates. I can't wait to do yet ANOTHER playthrough to see how that stacks up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

I probably will do NG+ once all the updates hit (and hopefully that will be free time!)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

One great thing is that the DLC Blade will come with its own quest, and I really hope that sidequest is good. After batch 2 of the DLC quests, I'm optimistic for this one to be at least decent.

Powloon

Does anyone know anything about the "Brand new story content"-part of the expansion? Kinda hoping for some new areas to explore.

Powloon

Grumblevolcano

@Beluganator We know pretty much nothing outside of it releasing in fall 2018.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FX102A

I am on the verge of completing this game, just started Chapter 10. Yet now gone on full side quest mode and trying to complete all I have so far (with some FAQ help for a few long ones requiring me to search across Alrest). Also want to nab that second crystal like blade.

On another note, I began to wonder if Nintendo may at some point planned to include Microtransactions in the game for the Core Crystal mechanic. I am having trouble figuring out why such a chance based mechanism was used when no chance to make more money. Don’t get me wrong, overjoyed no digital gambling is in the game but just felt so weird and wonder if it was yanked as the animosity towards the practice began to grow.

FX102A

Powloon

@FX102A There has been a lot of (especially japanese) games of late, that could have had microtransactions. Some examples here: Xeneblade (of course), Monster Hunter, Ni No Kuni.
I think japanese developers is more about creating the best possible experience for you. And what I've heard, Japanese people (in general) take a lot of pride out of what they have done, let's say a game.

Powloon

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons Sounds fair, especially since there'll also be a lot of new Blades coming out too. That'll be the perfect time to jump back in.

EvilLucario

Well since I'm a shameless shill, I'll be continuing playing the game once 1.4.0 hits tonight.

Anyway, new sales figures for Xenoblade 2, at 1.31m units. It's now the best selling Xeno game, outpacing the old record of Xenogears selling 1.19m from the PS1! Speaking of, that's also another fantastic game, even if it aged pretty badly.

Hopefully Xenoblade 2 can eventually hit 1.5m by the end of 2018. But regardless, that makes me really, really happy to see.

Ralizah

Good to hear it's selling decently well. It's certainly the best Xeno game I've ever played (a massive step up from both previous Xenoblade games, for sure).

Anyway, current plan is to continue side-questing and leveling up affinity until I get to level 70, and then to continue the story where I left off and complete the game.

I'll probably revisit the game in a year or two after the DLC launches and complete it fully.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

@8-Bit_Superman I hope you mean Xenoblade 1's story and not Xenoblade X's. Because as much as I love Xenoblade X (and prefer that over Xenoblade 1 or 2), it has the worst story out of all the Xeno games. Xenoblade 1's story is really good though yeah, though Xenogears edges it out depending on my mood.

That said, Xenoblade 2 has the best cast of characters, imo. Xenoblade 1's characters are awesome too and Xenogears' main protagonists (Fei, Elly, Citan, Bart) are the best written protagonists in Xeno, but the dynamic between everyone in Xenoblade 2 while just being fun really sells me on them more than anyone else in the series. Especially love Zeke, he's my favorite character in the game.

Edited on by EvilLucario

EvilLucario

@8-Bit_Superman They could add a "change party members" terminal in NLA to make it easier to deal with. I didn't mind it terribly personally, though it seems like a really common complaint everywhere I go so yeah.

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@Caniswolfred I think you'll appreciate the references in the new Xenoblade DLC lel
Some good old Gainax mecha posing, her name's "Hanabuster"

I caught that, thanks for the mention. I'm reminded that I'm getting ready to play through all of my Wii U games in alphabetical order, in preperation for getting a Switch either for my Birthday, unless I snag a good deal on Cyber Monday...hopefully Xenoblade 2 holds up, because I'll have 2 Xeno games fresh in my mind by then.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

1.4.0 is out now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

T-elos' Blade Quest is pretty meh. Poppibuster's quest is meh as well. It's not bad, just underwhelming.

Also a PSA: a pretty nasty bug was introduced to 1.4.0 that will crash your game if you do this. Beginning of Chapter 10 spoilers: If you use Pyra + Nia's level 4 Special Art with Pyra (this does not crash your game if you use it with Nia), it will crash your game.

Putting that out there so you don't lose any progress.

Grumblevolcano

The expansion pass notifications along with a NoE tweet have given us some info about upcoming content:

• There'll be 3 DLC Blades (all 3 are original, 1 is the already released Poppibuster)
  • The new harder difficulty is called Bringer of Chaos
  • The challenge mode isn't the harder difficulty, they are 2 separate things

Here's the tweet by the way:

Grumblevolcano

SilverEdge92

I just got T-elos from the second Legendary Core I opened with Morag. Little disappointing that she's just a Greataxe-user, I though her scythe was a new weapon type, and I was expecting her voice to be deeper. She didn't have glasses in Xenosaga, did she?

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

EvilLucario

@SilverEdge92 She didn't have glasses initially, no. Fun fact though, KOS-MOS's VA also voices T-elos too.

She is extremely common, though. I got her on my third Legendary Core on Zeke and I didn't even bother with equipping my Luck-boosting Blades/accessories.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic