Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 3,601

RR529

I really hope the new story DLC picks up where the endgame left off in terms of difficulty (and builds from there).

If they build it for the people who've built themselves up to level 99, I probably won't play it (I'm currently level 70 and may go back and do a few more sidequests one day, but there's no way I'm going to grind myself to level 99, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

@AlternateButtons In 250 hours I only grinded about 20 in total. Most of which was for core crystals, not exp. But if you really prefer killing the same enemy over and over - all the power to you.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@bellow I can't believe anyone who likes this game doesn't like the story... but to each their own I guess. I found all the the sidequests quite entertaining. Baring one or two. Lots of world building and character development going on.

EvilLucario

@scubydo Tora.

Morag's the worst character in the game tied with Nia, but don't take that as they both suck. In a world where the other three characters are like S+ ranks, Morag and Nia are simply only S ranks and can very much destroy anything, even solo.

Tora just has way better DPS and tank capabilities than Morag, and after you get through like Chapter 7 or 8 you don't need Nia healing anymore and can just kill everything by killing them quicker before they kill you.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bellow

@Heavyarms55 I didn't say I didn't like the story. I loved the story. I said the side quests were weak.

bellow

darkfenrir

Oh wow, I find the sidequests absolutely fun in this game- I enjoy those tidbits (and the most problematic I have is only Zenobia's one... Lv9 for two element mastery are too hard for me DX Really need to fire it up to send some to mercenary time :T )

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@subpopz it appears randomly after you sleep in inn. After which they'll be gone after you sleep in inn again.

Thankfully there's that one sidequest (not sure if expansion pass locked or not) that will allow you to craft premium cylinder with a nopon instead of spamming inn (you can do the spam at rex's hometown too tho)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@darkfenrir Said sidequest is Season Pass only.

Also compared to Xenoblade 1, these sidequests are way better. Not as good as Xenoblade X's sidequests though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@EvilLucario Aahh, gotcha. Tfw I already bought 99 Premium cylinder anyway that the crafting won't be useful (as well as maxing my salvager rank already anyway)

Still love this sidequests where I got stories though. I always enjoy those little pieces of lores compared to other things (Especially when I didn't even get gated... but if I am, I don't mind leaving it until around a few chapters later where I remember I need to do it lol)

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@AlternateButtons You clearly need to get more blades. I almost never ran into the problem you describe. About 3 times. All specifically for Fortitude.

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I know of that exact quest involving Bana you're mentioning. The game indeed DOES give hints where to find them, with two options on getting them:

1) Go do the Merc Mission that pops up and you'll get the Switch Parts info.

2) You can just directly buy the infos from the Informats around the world. You won't know which informat has the info until you go out to search for it though.

Then, go to your Item List and it'll literally tell you where you can get the item. For example, for Switch Part 2, the info tells you to go salvage at the port in lower Mor Ardain.

I have my fair share of issues with the sidequests as well, but this particular one isn't one of them.

EvilLucario

@AlternateButtons I did the quest long ago, but I remember the quest log telling you "search for the part locations using Merc Missions". So after doing it and receiving the stuff, then the log updates for you to go find them, and that gets you to look in your item list to see more information.

Whenever you catch on is a different story, but the game does give you the tools to find that, at least.

If anything what I find more egregious that would most likely require looking up: generic "collect these" steps can suck as you won't really know where to find them, and different places have different collectables. For example, even if you found this one place that gives fish, it may not give you the fish you really need. Stuff like that is really the worst part of sidequests imo.

NinjaAceTrainer

I got my ancient salvaging suit from a gold cylinder... But I had to look up where to salvage it. By far the worst quest is the nopon doubloon one. I have 8/11 and I really can't be fussed to go and search for them in obscure location X. That and Ursula's quest. You have to send her on merc missions at 10 minute intervals for potentially 47 and a half hours (I did the maths), if you don't use extra blades to speed it up or use the level 3 lessons. So probably about 30 hours in total of selecting the same blades again for the same merc mission. If you want to use Ursula, you technically can't use Ursula for 30 hours. So ridiculous.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

bellow

Bad side quests and annoyances like blade switching for field skills aside, I'm of the opinion that this is the greatest Jrpg of recent years.
I didn't really like the side quests but the game is so generous in all areas that I grabbed 100 hours just doing what I liked doing. Game's a bloody masterpiece.

bellow

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer I agree on her mission is so ridiculous-- but I'm glad I did it (especially since she was one of my first few Blades!) since she's just so powerful, and a Fist weapon!

I hope they changed her mission mercenary missions in future update but I doubt it. But I'm glad I can use her around the last 3-4 chapters ish since I was diligent in doing her missions (even leaving my switch running while I work at home)

darkfenrir

Heavyarms55

@AlternateButtons I really experienced none of the difficulty you are talking about. I enjoyed unlocking the skills on the rare blades. That was a big part of the game. If you don't like doing quests, leveling your characters or using unlockable skills, I am shocked you like any RPGs. JRPGs or otherwise. I had the door you are talking about open before I even got to that side quest. shrug I guess I could see how you would be annoyed, if all you want to do is just barrel through the main story with little interest in experiencing everything the game has to offer. In that regard I would say you are probably playing the wrong game.

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario One of the few things BotW does better than Xenoblade 2, I would've liked if Xenoblade 2 had something similar to the Hyrule Compendium. Something you'd have that could remind yourself where certain items and enemies are (the latter would especially help for affinity charts).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic