Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 3,602

NinjaAceTrainer

By the way, does anyone know the best way to increase blade affinity? I know of several ways, but which one is the absolute best? I have so many rare blades that I need to increase affinity with...

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

NinjaAceTrainer

@Inertiacreep Really? I maxed out Boreas' affinity chart which was literally just spamming loads of food pouch items, and I even spammed his two favourite things, but I still don't have the one thing on his chart that requires 9800 trust.

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer Each item will only give 5 trust (or 9 if it's favorite), so it's... quite a long journey. I end up going to argentum, buy those cheap food/drinks that is below 90G and keep spamming A lol.

darkfenrir

NinjaAceTrainer

@darkfenrir Ok, thanks. How much affinity do battles and other means such as sidequests give?

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer Not sure about sidequests (but it feels a lot), but in battle I think reaching gold make it rise by 15? (this is just approximation).

darkfenrir

NinjaAceTrainer

@darkfenrir Thank you kindly. Sorry to ask more, but do you know about Merc Missions aswell?

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer Merc Mission DOES increase affinity. But it's not super much and since I kind of ignore them after reaching Level 5 and finishing Ursula's... don't really remember hueh. Sorry.

Probably around 10~20, not sure.

darkfenrir

NinjaAceTrainer

@darkfenrir Thanks for your quick response. I suppose spamming pouch items and completing sidequests is the way to go then.

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer No problem! Try to do it while doing other things because you'll get bored pretty fast if you are on pouch items spamming XD

darkfenrir

AndyD

Yeah, the pouch item method is ok, but gets very tedious when there are a lot of other ways to raise affinity while enjoying the rest of the game.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

EvilLucario

Just so everyone's aware, you're all describing trust, not affinity.

Affinity is actually that colored bond between the Driver and Blade in combat. When it turns gold, you hit max affinity, allowing you to reach level 4 Special Arts, or take advantage of some skills or Aux Cores that depend on it that increases your damage or accuracy or evasion or whatever.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NinjaAceTrainer

By the way, what do people feel is the best line in the game? Just curious.

For example, I found these lines amusing:
Mythra: Maybe we'll make it out of this one alive after all...
Rex: I like your attitude!!

And also when you jump off of a cliff as Zeke, he yells,
"Not again!" and if you jump off of the end of Genbu Port you get the message,
"It is not not wise to venture out any further than this." before you die.

edhe

@NinjaAceTrainer

In a similar situation, I find it funny when Rex says something to the effect of "Phew, let's have a rest" after winning a battle, and Mythra says "Let's keep going!". I don't know if it's intentional.

One of my favourites is during a heart-to-heart at a public bath where you find out Tora believes Morag is a man, and he says "Come on Morag! Drop clothes like man and jump in hot spring! Tora not have all day!".

Another favourite, although I can't remember the context is when poppi says "Poppi not born yesterday. But not much more long ago than yesterday. So not really understand." From another heart-to-heart, I think.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

NinjaAceTrainer

@edhe Yeah, those are both good ones. The Poppi one is from Kora's heart to heart.

NinjaAceTrainer

@scubydo Generally you should be about 10 levels lower than whatever chapter that you are on x10 so in chapter 3, level 20, chapter 4, level 30 etc. In other words you are crazy overleveled...

EvilLucario

@NinjaAceTrainer If you jump off a cliff with Jin in Chapter 8, he just says "Very funny".

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic