Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 4,004

Pahvi

Well, dismissing four common Blades didn't net me an Overdrive protocol. And I dismissed probably closer to eight Blades.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

kyleforrester87

@Pahvi He means a common blade with a level four rare rating, not just any four common blades.

I've yet to get a common blade beyond a three mind you so not been able to try.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

CroRock

Pahvi wrote:

Well, dismissing four common Blades didn't net me an Overdrive protocol. And I dismissed probably closer to eight Blades.

I think someone said that dismissing one 4 ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️ common gives you OP not dismissing 4 common blades. But I could be wrong

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

kyleforrester87

Does equipping a luck boost accessory prior to bonding help i wonder?

kyleforrester87

CroRock

@kyleforrester87
I read on IGN guide that luck stat increases chances for better blades. That should include items and gems with luck boost. Guess we can’t know for sure because no official guide ofc

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Inertiacreep

@maelis leveling at the inn is up to you how hard you want the game to be also maybe dependent on how many side quests a person wants to do.

I am chapter 6 and have only taken 1 level at the inn and have so many level ups i could take at this point it's funny. Other thing is i do every quest and try to be as complete as i can.

I am at about the same level as the enemies.. but things like, there was this boss fight i couldn't figure out. After i looked online i saw it was another enemy that needed to be killed first but instead i was wasting my time trying different elements on the boss.. well after i learned the strat i win no problem and i was about the level of the boss... well later i read people online posting about it and they say their heroes are like 10 levels higher than mine were and even knowing the strat they are still losing asking for help.

So i guess it's your choice about using the inn.. for a player like me, i don't know if the game gets to a point where everyone needs to use the inn to beat the game.. but you'll want to use the inn for post game content to max out your level.

Inertiacreep

kyleforrester87

@Inertiacreep those pesky cables

I'm chapter 6, 60 hours, levels 40-50. I like levelling at the inns and getting overpowered with plenty of grinding in games like this!

kyleforrester87

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX Question: If you have been taking on the superbosses, what are the best chips you found for highest critical and block rates? Thanks!

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Frosty_09

@JTMnM sorry for the late response, busy schedule...

Anyways, I haven't beaten all the superbosses, so I'll let you know if I find anything better but here are the best ones I've gotten from superbosses

Dilaton Chip (World Tree via key from Artifice Ophion, Cliffs of Morytha) for Blocks

Moon Matter Chip (Cloud Sea King Ken, hazy weather in Tantal) for Crits

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

GoldenGamer88

On the matter of leveling up at the inns, I take free use of them. Thing is, if I had all the time of the world, I‘d avoid the heck out of it and grind my way through countless of enemies in countless of hours, similar to how I do it in Pokémon. Especially because both battle systems require little attention when at an higher level than the enemy so I can listen to podcasts or watch something on Netflix or YouTube in the meantime. But I don‘t have all the time of the world. I‘m already itching to get back into Splatoon and the next big jrpg, in the form of Ni No Kuni 2, is already lining up for its release at the end of January, at which point I should be done with Xenoblade.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX No need to apologize! We all have our own lives. Thank you for the reply. Information will be scarce as the Wikis are steadily developing.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Fooligan

@GoldenGamer88 Ni No Kuni 2 just got delayed again until March 19 so no need to rush.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

GoldenGamer88

@Fooligan God freakin dangit, again!? Honestly, I‘ve been expecting this. January‘s already jam-packed as it is for whatever reason so it won‘t hurt much but still, kinda sad now.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Frosty_09

Update patch v1.1.1 coming December 22, next Friday

-easy mode for tiger tiger added
-pressing X goes to the location you are currently on the map
-the huge map pressing the L button getting better

seems they plan to further improve the mini map with next year's additional quest and new game + updates.

There are some bug fixes with certain quests and event theater mode.

w/ this patch, people that bought the expansion will be getting 10 rare cores, 1 epic (legendary in english? i haven't seen an epic) core, 3 overdrives, 30k ether crystals, then 2 pouch items for pyra and nia with 5 of each (tea for pyra wood carving for nia or smth)

some things they are working on that will hit next year
-new game+ mode. It won't require expansion pass
-you can recruit "those blades" on new game+
-You can send story related blades Like Pyra and Dromarch to merc missions
-You can unlock certain blade's Lvl 4 move.

sources:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-2-ot-beyond-the-sk...
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/production-notes/inde...

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

kkslider5552000

CroRock wrote:

Tbh.. after no support at all after release of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I don’t expect any game fixes or content updates from Monolith Soft beside Season Pass

Knighty_IX wrote:

Update patch v1.1.1 coming December 22, next Friday

"modern AAA game by Nintendo won't be updated unless you pay money" was not the best prediction in the world

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Galenmereth

This is awesome news! Thanks for sharing

Galenmereth

Pahvi

I'd like to be able to review heart-to-hearts in the event theatre — even if only to record a Blade calling named monsters tyrants.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

JaxonH

It's fantastic they're updating the game and fixing things.

That's the good thing about a season pass. It means continued attention on the game

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Yeah, that's what came to mind. Post-launch content (e.g. free content updates, standalone paid DLC, season passes) increase the chance of free fixes where needed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Frosty_09

Here's a better translation of the patch notes in full detail from Perfectly Nintendo
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-prod...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Production Notes #6 (Ver. 1.1.1 update)

The latest Production Notes blog post for Xenoblade Chronicles is from Tetsuya Takahashi (General Director), who’s here to talk about the next update for the game: Ver. 1.1.1. It will be released on December 22nd (December 21st if you’re from North America).

First, the update will bring various bug fixes, for the following issues:

if you watch the “Something in Common” (Chapter One: Encounters) cutscene in the Event Theatre, then return to the game, a glitch will make the camera sway and it will stay like that until you restart the game. If you happen to save, then you will be stuck in swaying camera hell. Therefore, if you happen to watch the cutscene, make sure not to save, and restart the game instead (even if that means losing progress);

if you get the quest item Healing Herb (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 12:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);

if you get the quest item Pure White Helmet (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 7:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);

various other bugs.

But the update will not be exclusively about bug fixes. The developers have also added various enhancements:

Easy Mode will be added to the Tiger! Tiger! mini-game

pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;

improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings.

Speaking of the mini-map, an update to be released next year alongside the set of additional quests (in January) will bring further improvements to it.

There will also be additional changes/additions for the game, such as being able to befriend specific Blades or add Pyra and Dromarch to a mercenary team, but also LV4 skills for Blades.

Those changes will be part of the update releasing alongside the DLC Pack, which will be available to all players, not just those who purchased the Expansion Pass.

Back to Ver. 1.1.1: players who purchased the Expansion Pass will receive a second set of bonus items:

Driver’s Essentials Set:
Rare Core Crystal (x10), Legendary Core Crystal (x1), Overdrive (x3)
Materials for Poppy: Ether Crystals (x30 000)
Pyra’s Favourite Pouch Item: Jenerossi Tea (x5)
Nia’s Favourite Pouch Item: Ardainian Bear Carving (x5)

Edited on by Frosty_09

Frosty_09

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic