Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 2,583

CroRock

I actually did break one orb once I guess because I was allowed to proceed in second round of Driver Combo. It’s so satisfying when I hear in English things like Driver Combo, Excellent, Great etc.. (playing with Japanese voices) it really lift up tensions in battles. Also reminds me of some shooters like “Monster kill”, “Triple Kill”, “Unstoppable” if you know what I mean..
Btw anyone getting Metroid vibes when bounding with cores? That music is from one of the Meteoid games, I swear..

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Tsurii

@CroRock not getting Metroid vibes from the resonance theme but there's an area in, I think, chapter 4 with a theme that sounds like it came straight out of Metroid Prime.

And yeah, you get to extend chain attacks when you break orbs.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

edhe

Does anyone have tips on bonding with blades? I understand there are 3 tiers of crystal (common/rare/legendary), and that you can apply boosters, (which each character has an inate bonus for) but to what effect?

I haven't played much so far, and I've so far bonded with a few blades, but the ones I've gotten so far are nothing special. What effect do the boosters give? Can you get a unique blade with a rare crystal, as opposed to a common one?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

FX102A

Don't know how but my play time just shot up. I don't think I left it running unless it didn't record the sleep mode properly. Jumped up from like 20hrs to 50hrs.

Always feel a little off when the time recorded isn't my actual proper playtime.

FX102A

Tsurii

@edhe I think you can raise the odds for rare blades with three things

One's, of course, the rarity of the crystal itself
Then there's those four stats you can boost, the higher those are, the higher your odds for rare blades.
And I think a character's luck Stat also plays into that whole thing.

Ultimately it's just a matter of luck tho. You can end up with a dozen rare blades from your first dozen crystals or with none at all. I got my first rare blade around 10h into the game and even that was just one of those unique crystals lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

It records while in sleep mode. It's technically still running. You'll want to hit HOME first before going into sleep mode to stop the in game timer.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

cambotero

@FX102A just happened to me, 20 -> 38 :/

@JaxonH really??? I don't think this is an elegant implementation... some times I just hit the power button and put the switch in the pouch when the train arrives to the station... now I need to worry about going to the home menú first??

cambotero

JaxonH

@cambotero
It's one simple button press of a button you're gonna hit already for sleep mode. Wouldn't exactly categorize that as a "worry". And even then, only if you care about a play timer.

It's good practice for all games, not just this one. I always back out to the home menu first.

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

FX102A

@cambotero I have a suspicion it happened when I for once decided to do the hold down button to activate sleep mode rather than go to the home menu first.

A minor annoyance and arguable a bug, but hardly a big one.

FX102A

Galenmereth

@Knighty_IX Special Attacks actually go to level IV for some Blades And there's a late-game addition to this complexity too.

Like I said, I agree that it's an oversight to not have an ingame manual or at least reference to the simple tutorial messages. It seems like a puzzling oversight, especially when you consider that even the physical edition doesn't have a manual either - like most games these days. Here's to hoping for a patch with that put in; maybe it got left on the chopping floor during pre-launch crunch

Galenmereth

GoldenGamer88

Okay, I did the boss in the middle of Chapter 5 with just Nia and Tora. It was close but I managed to beat him. Had Mòrag as the team‘s main tank ever since she joined so when she refused to fight Zeke, I had two active party members and one passive. Didn‘t realize you had to press Y for the passive one to join in. Can‘t they just automatically put in the third member instead of having me do it myself?

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Have good day/night!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88
Currently playing: Splatoon 2 (NSW)
Most anticipated: Monster Hunter World (PS4), Dragon Ball Fighter Z (PS4)

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

maelis

Hello!

i have some questions on this excellent game. i'm at the beginning ( torigo city). Please no spoilers :

• what is called the red gauge that slowly fills the art icons when i hit successfully a normal attack? Is it "hate" (i found some items that help build hate or reduce it and i don't really know to what it refers^^).
  • my first blade makes me hit rapidily with 2 fists..which is great but i have a really hard time timing the arts with the exact same moment the fist hit the target...it seems like sometimes even if i hit at the same time, the bonus doesn't activate .
  • Do you passively upgrade the field skills of your blade or do you need to do it manually? i already encountered some chests or things that i couldn't open since my level was to low, but when i go the skill ring of my blade, i can just look at it..
  • what happen when i launch a special attack? i see that the ennemy is covered with an aura that is of the same element of my blade, but there is also at the upper right corner some indications that i don't really know what to think of it^^
  • Finally : when i have a companion (who has a blade) and during combat i see that his special attack is ready, what should i do? i don't really remember the tutorial so i don't know if i should activate at the same time than mine or not^^

Also^^ i always fail the salvaging QTE...^^ am i bad or is it really difficult? it seems super fast^^

thank you very much for your help if you wish to explain these little things to me

Edited on by maelis

maelis

Inertiacreep

@maelis that gauge has no name... I have not seen any "hate" stat. are you playing english? maybe thats a difficult term translated.

but with the fists.. it is way different from the sword. for me it seems like the sword is to do, but the fists because even though he does 3 sets of punches, the 2nd set does like a double punch so it takes some learning and practice to learn the pattern.. it also seems to me you have to hit the button longer after Rex attacks compared to the sword.

when you do a special, it all depends on which element you use first.. then in the top right corner, that shows what elements can combo... when you see your party members specials, its up to you to decide whos going to start the combo and which element you want to combo to turn into... when someone can combo they will show up, if they are on a blade whos element cant combo, it wont even show up... youll also notice Rex will show up down in the middle if he can or cant depending on his selected element.
the number of little orbs circling the characters for combos is representative of what level special they have ready.

Inertiacreep

CroRock

@Galenmereth
Tbh.. after no support at all after release of Xenoblade Chronicles X, I don’t expect any game fixes or content updates from Monolith Soft beside Season Pass. Booted today XBX and it warns you every time you enter game that Miiverse don’t work anymore. Can you imagine how many people and how many hours would take to make patch to that?! My guess is one man, few hours. But noooo!!! And I don’t want even repeate myself on never released small text fix. I literally stop playing XCX because that. That’s the part of Monolith I don’t like at all... completely ignoring fans and lack of support for released games.

We can only hope they’ll listen and eventually implement things in paid dlcs. Something like map feature in BOTW (that shoud have been in the core game at first place). In the end.. if they fill in all content they did for XC2 they couldn’t change us £30 more for same game over the next year
I’m against season passes in all games (didn’t buy and never will BOTW dlc) but XC2 is special to me for some reason and this might be first time I’ll bite.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Pahvi

"Hate" might mean aggro — meaning, raising that will draw enemies to attack that character.

As for timing triggering the arts with autoattacks, it's not so much at the same time the attack connects but just after.

The field skills are learned the same way other skills — you'll first need that arc unlocked (often requires trust) and then meeting the requirements that skill has (move the pointer over that and you can see those). You'll need to fill each spoke in order, though. If the requirement is just ?????, you probably can't learn that level of skill yet.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

ThePunkDriver

Have anyone figure out blade combos? I'm having a hard time doing them

ThePunkDriver

CroRock

@ThePunkDriver
Go back page or two.. you have picture explaining Battle screen and link under it wit very useful explanations

Btw anyone know why can’t you teleport to some fast travel points?! Those points are named in purple (or blue whatever) not in white text like normal points you can telepor to. I’m having a hard time finding my way to location for side quest. I’ve been there but can’t find way back and travel points on that map are all unaccessible. To be precise it’s Lower Level in Gormott Province

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Buizel

@ThePunkDriver How far are you? Chances are you won't be able to execute one properly until you have a full party, and are facing some tougher enemies.

A combo is initiated when a party member uses a special art (A button for the player character, ZL or ZR for the other party members). Upon initation a combo tree will appear in the top-right of the screen. The symbols in this tree correspond to blade elements, e.g. fire, water, earth. Execute a level 2 special in the left side of the tree and the combo will advance. Finally, execute a level 3 special in the right side of the tree and you'll end the combo with a powerful attack which grants a status effect on the enemy. The key thing is triggering the specials in sequence (level 1 to 2 to 3), with blades of the correct element.

Note that you can trigger specials in all party members. If either of your other party members have a special built up which will add to the combo, a 'ZL' or 'ZR' will appear by their picture in the middle of the screen. Note also that there's a time limit to executing the combo - this is shown by a meter in the top right corner of the screen.

Hope this helps! Like many things in the game it is tricky to get your head around and it took a few attempts for me to understand.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch), Dragon Age Inquisition (PC), Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (PS4).

JaxonH

And it doesn't have to be Lv 1, Lv 2, Lv 3...

It has to be Level 1 or higher, Level 2 or higher, Level 3.

So first special can be a Lv 1, 2 or 3. Second special can be a Lv 2 or 3. Third special must be a Lv 3.

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic