Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 3,602

meleebrawler

@RR529 For the last one, just keep climbing the path until you find a tunnel with a water current you can slide on, then expertly jump onto the island.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

GoldenGamer88

@RR529 For the most part, it looks like you simply need to advance in the story. The first one pretty much solves itself once you reach a certain point in the story. Unless you happen to summon a rare Blade with Keen Eye. I do think Gorg has it.
For the second, maybe sneak/run past those stronger monsters? I believe the monsters that Nopon pilot is facing are quite a bit weaker than the ones around him. Or just advance the story and level up.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JaxonH

@RR529
Just earlier today, I realized I needed Keen Eye +2 and had not a single Blade with the skill.

So I opened all my crystals that I had accumulated from my last opening binge... I think it was 33 common, 11 rare and 1 legendary, and I got 3 more rare Blades. 2 of them had Keen Eye. Well, Gorg didn't have it right off the bat but is soon as the first tier of his affinity tree unlocked, he had it, which was within a few minutes. Adenine also had it.

So collect a bunch of crystals and then equip 2 Luck accessories on Rex (+Luck and +Luck %) and go to town. You'll get it eventually.

When trying to rescue the Nopon, if you have a separate blade to use instead of Pyra, that's a healer... do that. It'll be a tough fight most likely but... I couldn't beat them with Pyra myself, until I swapped to a healer Blade and won.

As for the mark on the map it could be a difference in elevation.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@RR529 Yeah, that one on the island is currently inaccessible to me because I don't have the jumping skill required to access it. So it just sits in my quest log.

I've noticed several side quests where I don't get a marker at all because it has bugged out or something. Had a heck of a time finding the quest giver for Buoy Can't Swim.

Also just did a quest that first requires you to run right past a level 90 enemy that kills you more often than not and then also requires you to collect an herb in an area patrolled by a level 70ish enemy.

I'm enjoying the game, but they need to put less of these high level enemies in early areas. Or at least make it where they don't aggro so easily. Ugh.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

Thanks for all the replies!

I did get the one on the island, thanks to @meleebrawler's tip, and as for the others, I'll just wait until I'm stronger.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@Ralizah

You actually slide down the waterfall and then jump the gap over to the island. No leaping skill involved (if you're talking about Uraya).

And I know exactly which quest you are referring to with that high-level enemy. Those moments aren't too common. It can be a little frustrating but in hindsight I like it every now and then. Makes the world feel truly dangerous (and it is!). The only other spot like that I've encountered is during chapter 4 there is a section where you have to run past a whole crap load of level 80 enemies. But I made it my first try, no I was targeted by about 17 of them all at once lol.

edit
Time of day is almost always the culprit behind a missing marker. If you check the quest it will show you icons for the times of day the quest is accessible. It might have a moon symbol and then a morning symbol and a midday symbol. So you just press minus and pass the time to match one of the symbols from the quest.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Pretty interesting read. Nintendo Everything translated a 4Gamer interview with the almighty Takahashi

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Director On Development, World & S...

EvilLucario

@iLikeUrAttitude Not until NG+ comes out next year.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Alright, after trying something a friend hinted me, it seems that there's easy way to farm money

1. Buy Gold Cylinder in the Titan you want to increase the development level for
2. Just keep farming in Mor Ardain as long as you don't max out on the stash
3. Sell these stuff to the trader in Mor Ardain

Repeat these steps until you got the amount of money you want

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

@darkfenrir That reminds me of a good way to increase each titan‘s development level, provided you have enough money.

Step 1. Buy 99 Golden Cylinders on the Titan of your choice.
Step 2. Do loads of salvaging with said Cylinders.
Step 3. Sell your loot at the salvages at the Trade shop until you‘ve maxed out the Titan‘s development level.
Step 4. Max out your numbers for Golden Cylinders.
Step 5. Teleport to any other Titan, sell the Cylinders for the same price you bought them there.
Step 6. Teleport back to the first Titan, buy 99 Golden Cylinders, rince and repeat until all Titans‘s development levels are maxed out.

Literally did this in a few hours. You may also use other items but I found them the fastest to buy and sell.

darkfenrir

@GoldenGamer88

Ah, that sounds good as well, I'm kinda doing mine because I can salvage with half a mind and watch a Let's Play xD I actually max out mor ardain first with only normal cylinder by just keep salvaging for farming them common cores... Might do that once I have more money than I can shake my fist at XP

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

@darkfenrir Yeah, salvaging ain‘t that hard once you done it a hundred times or so on the same spot and even the monsters go down in seconds so you won‘t have to pay attention to them, lol. Didn’t know you could get Core Crystals from salvaging but then again, they haven‘t been something I paid much attention to. I also like to listen to some podcasts while doing some mind-numbingly mondane things in games like training for XP in Pokémon, doing anything in Minecraft or salvaging Xenoblade.

darkfenrir

@GoldenGamer88 Nah you get them from the monsters you dragged in, although that's waaaaaaaaaay rarer in Golden Cylinder version. I know since I was salvaging using pure normal cylinder for a bit, had to burn through all 99... (and then had to sell 270~ ish for the 300G trade LMAO)

Trying to burn through my Golden Cylinder is harder though apparently. Wish I can make all the resource 999 max

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

Tsurii wrote:

You're probably way past the point where that's useful tho lel

As in done with the game lol? Well, I wouldn‘t mind finishing the Rare Blades collection so thanks for the tip. I shall do that before it gets patched out.

darkfenrir

Oh my god, I just bought that 500,000G Blade. If you want to max her... you have to spend another 1,000,000 G.

THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

@darkfenrir Oh my god, 1M G? What a bargain! Seriously, though, before going to face the final boss, I sold everything I was sure I no longer would need and got almost 2M G, and that‘s after finishing the Nopon Doubloon quest, which requires 1M to finish it.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

darkfenrir

@GoldenGamer88 Oh my god another 1M G?! I guess I'll farm until I have 5M or something... man, I really can't stand not having tons of money in games

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Past Level 60, you say? Oh please go on, my party of the lower 70s should handle that no problem.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Then I'm thinking of the wrong spot. Guess I'm going back to Uraya.

No, being forced to run by high level enemies happens quite often in these games. But this is a generalized problem with the series. Being forced to run by an enemy that can kill me when I'm falling in midair doesn't make the world feel dangerous, it just makes the quest feel poorly designed. You can sometimes avoid his aggro if you hug the wall while falling, but it's still a really stupid design choice. They could have been a level 40 or 50 enemy there so that you're not guaranteed to die in one hit from it.

I wasn't aware some quest givers randomly appeared or disappeared given the time of day. That'd explain why his marker just popped up on my map at one point. I'll try changing the time first next time.

Thanks for your help!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Hmm ... I see. Don‘t know whether my Tora‘s ready for it but it won‘t hurt at least trying.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic