Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 3,602

GoldenGamer88

@iLikeUrAttitude I‘m pretty sure you want to aim for the inner circle since you‘d always get a yellowish-golden response and Rex would do a flip before jumping into the Cloud Sea and such. Now, I don‘t know if that‘s the proper way of doing things but I always figured the amount of loot you get and whether there‘s a monster or not was randomized. I‘ve spent hours salvaging, always doing it with the inner circle (and not on some line or something, though, that may or may not help with an even better salvage, don‘t really know) and the amounts of treasure chests and color of loot would differ.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Anti-Matter

RR529 wrote:

@Anti-Matter, he's a random summon, so theoretically you could get him as early as Chapter 2, or never get him at all.

Ow...
Can i use Load Data Trick to get him ?
I mean, if i can't get him from the Crystal, will Load the files all the time could make it work ?

Anti-Matter

Late

@Anti-Matter The game saves each time you bond with a blade. So no, that won't work. My first rare was Godfrey and I think you'd like him as well.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

darkfenrir

While I haven't finished the game, I reaaaaaaaaally loved it so far, and so when I saw someone made a skin for Switch with XC2's theme, well...

I end up buying it. That link shows how the Switch looks like with it XD Really loving it even though it's only 1 hour after applying!

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir wrote:

While I haven't finished the game, I reaaaaaaaaally loved it so far, and so when I saw someone made a skin for Switch with XC2's theme, well...

I end up buying it. That link shows how the Switch looks like with it XD Really loving it even though it's only 1 hour after applying!

Oooh... nice !
Where did you buy that Vinyl sticker for Switch ?
And how much ?

Anti-Matter

GoldenGamer88

This looks amazing! Honestly, though, it looks that amazing, I‘d be too scared of ruining this majesty to touch my Switch ever again, lol!

darkfenrir

@Anti-Matter I bought from a local skin maker in Indonesia! it's around 250k and he applied it for me as well. (Although there's no extra sticker for dock). The sticker is really well made and from 3M sticker apparently? Not exactly sure but really smooth to touch

@GoldenGamer88 it's really good! I tried to rub it slightly and you can feel the smoothness, there's slight gap, but after a bit you won't really see those anyway since it just looks so good

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

@darkfenrir
Wait, are you from Indonesia ?
Where did you order from ?
Kaskus or can you mention it ?
Btw, i live in Surabaya, East Java.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tsurii wrote:

I finally got Dahlia lol
Seems to be pretty good, she's a real sight to behold during battles (no, not just because of her design), her specials look pretty rad. And I like that throw she does for the first tier

I can bench KOS-MOS until I get the fifth party member now. Next stop, lucky core and member #4. It's so much more straightforward to put "teams" together when you know what suits whom the most and how you get certain blades. I think I only really need/ed two Overdrive Protocols for Dahlia and Adenine to go to Nia. Still wasted the rest because I'm stupid like that

Ugh.... Dahlia.
Her big boobs, tho...

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir

@PepsiHero it's ok, if I see it on someone else's I'll be jealous as well

@Anti-Matter and yes I'm from Indonesia owo i order it from just messaging the person at facebook, although I don't know if he can apply it if you are at surabaya since I'm at Jakarta. I'll pm you the guy's fb though!

Edit: can't find how to pm people here :/ I don't feel comfortable just posting it here though...
Edit again: I dm'd you through your dA in your profile @Anti-Matter

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii I also got Dahlia the other day. Right when I summoned her my dad walked into the room and the first thing he saw was a shot of her boobs. He‘s familiar with Xenoblade, though. He picked up the original after I somehow managed to delete my 80% finished save file. I always have two save files in these kinda games ever since (unless the game doesn‘t let me).

Beedrill4Smash

Going back to the topic of this game's combat, I find it at best serviceable and flashy, but at worst a slow slog. Overall I'd say I enjoy it, but I avoid most of the combat I can because I think it's a waste of time. I believe I like XCX's combat more, but for XC, I played the game for an hour so I can't say.

First of all, in line with calling it a time waste, anything of decent size takes forever to kill. This makes standard grinding impractical, which saddens me as I personally enjoy grinding in RPGs. To be fair, I did have this problem with XCX, but I think it is worse. I don't know if that's just me or time has made me forget how bad XCX was.

Every time I go into battle I get a sense of unease because the main healer in the game, Nia, is one of the worst healers I've ever seen. I know this is fixable, but at the same time it makes me wish I could go into the menu to set a character's blade. Making them stick to a specific blade that I want them to.

If I'm honest, this issue probably has more to do with the fact that I suck. I hate aggro in this game, or more specifically how it resets when someone falls in the middle of battle. Let's say Tora is defeated. The enemy will never lock back onto him, instead going after the second highest damage who is usually Rex. Because of this I avoid that three bar super move, I don't even know what it's called, in case I need to revive all three of the current party members because if Tora falls then it is only a matter of time before the other two fall with him.

Lastly, I just can't get over the inability to move and attack at the same time. I feel like the combat lost a level of interaction.

Edited on by Beedrill4Smash

Beedrill4Smash

JaxonH

@Beedrill4Smash

I can't say I agree with any of that, but I am willing to offer some tips that might help you overcome whatever this hurdle is that's preventing you from enjoying the game.

If your team is falling in combat, you are either under leveled, taking on enemies too strong, or need a little bit of help learning the ropes of combat properly. And while combat isn't instant, it doesn't take that long, so I think you just might need to learn how to combo properly, which will drastically speed up your fights.

So, starting with the basics, your auto attacks go in a rhythm. For Rex and Pyra/Mythra, it's sets of 3. With the third being the strongest. You always want to use your arts at the exact moment your auto attack lands a hit. This is called "cancelling". If you do it correctly, you will see a blue circle radiate outward from Rex. You don't have to do it on the third hit, but do make sure that you time it with a hit (preferably the third if possible, although there is a caveat which I will get to shortly).

You also want to time your specials with the rhythm of your auto attacks. As soon as you get to Lv. 1, use your special to get the combo going. So you start with fire from Pyra. Ok. Now you're going to need teamwork to get the rest of the combo completed. As soon as Tora reaches Lv. 2 with Earth or Nia reaches Lv. 2 with Water, you will see a prompt on the screen telling you to press ZL or ZR to use their special. You can use either one, but note the elemental tree in the top right corner. Once you start the combo with a special, you'll see all possible paths mapped out in the top right corner of your screen. You might want to go with water from Nia, because that puts the ball back in your court for the final Lv. 3 special. As soon as you perform that first, Lv. 1 special you will see a bar at the top of the screen it starts to deplete with time. That's your window of opportunity to activate the next special in the combo. Fail to perform a Lv. 2 (or higher) before that bar depletes, and the combo will end. But I usually wait until it gets low before activating Nia's Lv. 2 special, if possible. Because that gives you more time to charge your arts and get ready for the Lv. 3. If you activate her special right away you've got like 30 seconds (maybe less?) to perform the next level of the combo. I find it strategic to get a head-start is much as you can, that way when you activate it you will already be at Lv. 1, maybe even Lv. 2. Which will give you plenty of time to raise your special that final level needed.

Now, remember that caveat I mentioned earlier? Let's talk about that. It is best to time your arts with the 3rd hit, if you don't use this technique I'm about to tell you. But I find this technique far superior to regular auto attacking. What do you want to do is just nudge the analog stick ever so slightly as soon as the first auto attack lands and you see the damage number appear. By doing so you reset the auto attacks and Rex will start over with another Attack 1, but.... but but but but but... he will do so very quickly. And if you keep doing this every time the attack lands (attack lands > nudge the analog > attack lands > nudge the analog > etc) he will attack over and over and over and over again in rapid succession. Now sure, The first attack in the set of three is indeed the weakest but when you are attacking 3-4x faster than normal, and charging your arts that much faster... it works to your benefit by a wide margin. No longer do you have to fear using your Topple Attack before a Break, because you can charge it back up within literal seconds using this method. And by charging your ats fast, you'll be that much more likely to get your specials charged in time to keep the combos going as well.

Also be mindful of Break > Topple > Launch > Smash. Not only does it down the enemy but it extends the meter for your elemental special combos.

And you shouldn't be moving in combat that much. Don't chase healing potions unless you absolutely need them, and aside from that you should really only move when you have an attack that deals extra damage from the side or the back. But even then, you should do it strategically. Wait until you perform an art, and then quickly move to the side/back. You can also use the fast charging technique I told you about earlier to move around the enemy gradually as you attack. Just nudge the analog in the direction you want to move each time, and as you attack you will slowly move to where you want to go.

If you put these techniques to good use combat should go very quickly and very smoothly. And then there's the chain attacks. Once you get good enough that you are trapping elemental orbs with full Lv 3 combos, you can start integrating chain attacks into your combat to break those orbs and do absolutely incredible damage. You probably won't do full Level 3 combos with regular level enemies, but with higher-level enemies or bosses... you will.

I would also equip some accessories on Nia, to lower aggro as much as possible and raise HP. And I would raise HP on Tora with an accessory as well. There are accessories that ensure a fallen team member keeps some aggro, but if you learn the combat properly you should ever need an accessory like that because your teammates should not be dying in combat that often.

As an absolute last resort, you can always keep a healer blade (HLR) in one of your 3 Blade slots so that if you are having trouble with an enemy, you can swap out Pyra for a 2nd healer. It may take a little longer to kill the enemy but it will drastically improve your chances of surviving, if you're in a situation where your teammates are actually dying.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Yeah, he did mean it in a more light-hearted, humorous way. I‘m neutral about her design, there are certainly a lot bigger stinkers among the rare Blades, that‘s for sure. Didn‘t know there was a controversy about her, though. If I was ever to be forsaken with a child, I‘d rather show them Dahlia than let them play COD, GTA or something similarly gory and violent.

Beedrill4Smash

@JaxonH Oh no, don't get me wrong. While I don't care for the combat, that's it. I don't hate, and most of the time I enjoy it because of how flashy it is, but I will stand by my stance on it. In no way does my ambivalence towards the combat effect my over all opinion of the game. I mean it is my GOTY. I say I avoid it, but I don't mean that I hate it when I have to fight. Being honest I think I did over exaggerate how long it takes to kill the bigger enemies, and by big I mean literal size instead of importance like bosses. Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure sure I get the combat, but that nudge trick sounds useful. I've just always preferred simpler battle systems, and at the end of the day, this is all coming from someone who's most played Switch game is Fire Emblem Warriors.

Beedrill4Smash

EvilLucario

Well in XCX, even from early/mid-game it's pretty easy to make builds that disintegrate even big enemies like ciniculas and millesaurs on foot in under 30 seconds. Hell, once you get into postgame for XCX it's easier to first create a ground build that kills 90% of Tyrants within 1-3 minutes over a level 60 Skell that can kill most of them in 10 seconds.

I need more time with XC2, but I've already found OP things to take advantage of combat like items.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

Hey guys I'm currently in chapter 5. I was just wondering if there is anyway to replace pyra as your primary blade as you progress further into the story.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

RR529

Man, it seems like I'm stuck in a loop of starting sidequests that I can't yet complete for one reason or another.

• Firstly a (quite longwinded) quest from a Nopon in Argentum about locating her son. After a variety of tasks I've found him, but I need level 2 Keen Eye to get to the next step, and none of my Blades have Keen Eye.
  • Next up also in Argentum, with a Nopon trying to earn his wings. According to the marker, he's wound up in a section of Gormott with enemies quite a bit stronger than I am.
  • In Gormott, a quest from the notice board. Found it's marker on the map (it wasn't appearing on the compas thing), but nothing is there (I've even tried fiddling around with the time of day to no avail).
  • In Uraya, a quest that leads you to an area with level 60 monsters... yeah, no thanks.
  • Also in Uraya, found a note, but the spot it marks on the map is on an island I can't get to. There's no cloud sea here, and no Field Skill area either, so I have no idea how to reach it.

Ugh... at least I can still get extracaricular EXP from Merc Missions.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic