Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,687

Nekoo77

@Late You can use 3 eventually, but you should be able to replace Pyra. Maybe you cant early game? not sure. Very cool Program btw.

Switch FC: SW-5982-6570-5215

3DS Friend Code: 5343-8418-9364 | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Late

@Nekoo77 Tried to replace Pyra again just in case. Says: "This blade cannot be disengaged." My guess is, you can switch her out once the third blade spot is unlocked or something. And thank you for your kind words.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

erv

The turkin is not as awesome as an evello.

There's nothing in this game as of yet that is close to being as awesome as the existence of the evello.

Though I've got to admit, the character design is absolutely great and some of the best in years.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Inertiacreep

@kyleforrester87 that is not about the orb breaking (not sure what breaking the orbs is called) but if you do a driver combo (break,topple,launch) and then mix it with a blade combo (auqa, steam bomb, volcano) that's what aqua break is, etc.. and you'll hear gramps announcing them all.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

I saw that. Really interesting stuff for sure.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

nikoamii

The first big cut scene with pyra just single handedly threw me into the game. I’m invested now omg, that was so epic.

nikoamii

RR529

As someone who mostly plays handheld due to my schedule, is it worth getting this (with it's handheld mode hiccups)?

I've never played a Xenoblade game before, but I LOVE JRPGs, and this is really the only one out for the system at the moment (other than some smaller scale digital games, like I am Setsuna & Cat Quest).

I get paid on Friday, and after a bit over 600 moons in SMO, I feel like it's time to move on, so I'm looking for something new. I could always look for something else with JRPG elements like DB Xenoverse 2 (I'm a huge DBZ fan too) or Fire Emblem Warriors (I've played Awakening & Birthright, so I know most of the characters here) until I get the TV time needed to really appreciate this game.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

JTMnM

@Knighty_IX Does that quest only appear in Chapter 8? I did the heart-to-heart already, though I'm in Chapter 7. Please help. I need Poppi QT Pi.

JTMnM

Nintendo Network ID: JTMnM1991

Knighty_IX

@JTMnM No, you can beat the game and come back to it anytime you like. You just need to reach Chapter 8 or above in order to be able to complete the quest.

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

Ralizah

@RR529 I think so. I play a good chunk of the game in handheld mode, and while it's not as much of a looker as other first-party Nintendo games on the handheld, it still performs perfectly well otherwise, and the art-style and scale of the environments help to make up for the lower resolution.

Of course, I think waiting to play this on the TV/for patches to release that fix the resolution issues is also a valid strategy.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CroRock

Just wanted to share some advices from ign guide regarding getting new Blades..

“Luck is one of the most important stats in the entire game. As you progress through the game, you’ll unlock the ability to use core crystals in order to bond with new blades. The quality of that blade is determined by your lack stat, meaning you’ll want to boost it as much as possible before you use a rare core crystal. Each character has a skill on their affinity tree that can grant them a boost to luck. Unlock these as early as possible to get the best blades you can. Before bonding with a blade, equip any of your existing blades with aux cores that add luck for the best chance.”

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JTMnM

@Knighty_IX Ah, so you're saying the quest doesn't even appear until Chapter 8? It won't show for me.

JTMnM

Nintendo Network ID: JTMnM1991

Knighty_IX

@JTMnM Essentially, you need to reach a certain place that only becomes available after you beat Chapter 7.

Knighty_IX

CroRock

@RR529
Let me tell you I never take Switch outside my house. Playing 90% docked and 10% handheld on couch or in my bed or when kids want to watch Nickelodeon. And that was before XC2 came out. Now I play 60/40 in favor of TV which can tell how much handheld resolution DOESN’T bother me. Just can’t get enough of this game.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

I'm in chapter 3, inside the cave like area (don't go into detail beyond that for fear of spoilers, But people should know what I'm talking about).

I'm level 21, and there's this green acid lake with a Level 23/24 boss down there. I can almost beat him if I use my HLR blade instead of Pyra, but the fight always ends up moving over to the acid and my crew lose their health. I lure him out but 3 times now that's happened.

Am I under leveled for this part of the game? After getting wrecked up by Dawnview Grotto, I'm beginning to think I should be gaining 10 levels per chapter.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Operative2-0

Man, that guy seems so open and honest. It's refreshing to see him speak matter-of-factly about his game, even acknowledging his own limits. Gotta say, whether I end up enjoying the game or not, I respect the developers immensely for being so honest with us.

Operative2-0

Anti-Matter

Btw, how many Male characters can i use in the game, both Main Roles and Blades ?
Because i'm Not Fan of Lolita or Moe girls,
Especially Pyra, Tsuki (Ew... her big boobs, tho...)
Except KOSMOS.She's look Cool.

Anti-Matter

buddakeks

Having a great time with the successor of an already great game.

One question regarding the blades affinity chart though:
You can level up your special abilitys (I,II and III) in the affinity chart (the red dots with the sword). My question ist: When do these upgrades apply? Always when your character attacks? Only when your blade attacks with exactly this special? Some Upgrades say something like "critical attacks do 20% more damage". Does this in this case mean, the upgrade only works, when this specific special attack is critical?

Some of the mechanisms of the game are not explained very well I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-0483-5718
Wii-FC: 5710-9774-9328-9640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic