Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 3,602

Garolymar

Could anyone tell me if you can still play the game after you beat the final boss? I'm on chapter 8 and I really want to continue the story but I don't want to miss out on all the side quests because of New game plus. Does the game end after the final encounter or can you still do stuff after the story is finished?

Garolymar

jtmnm

@Garolymar After the credits, you're prompted to save your game. That save state has your party just before the final boss, meaning you can beat the game multiple times and are free to do whatever else.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya. Nice and easy... no rush... smell the roses and all that (actually there is a rush, I have one month until my beloved Monster Hunter and gosh dang it, I need to finish Xenoblade before that day comes!)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

does a mission and fights a group weak monsters
This shouldn't take long.
gets interrupted by a boss
...Ugh, fine whatever, at least I can handle this one...
half-way through a high leveled monster shows up, dies
...I think I'm done with this game for the night.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

EvilLucario

Just going to say, the connections to XC1 was gonna happen right as Monolith said "you'll know why we called it Xenoblade Chronicles 2 by the end". That phrase "by the end" really says a lot in hindsight, don't you think?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

SilverEdge92

@Late Yeah, I've been holding onto it for a while now. Thanks.

I still stand by my previous statements about Field Skill checks being pace-breakers however.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

JaxonH

You'll get better at avoiding high level enemies.

You have to strategically throw a rock to get an enemies attention and draw them out. I always draw enemies away from the high-level enemies and I always observe the high-level enemies roaming patterns before hand so that I know where they're going to go.

Even so, every now and then I still get enemies the flock to me while I am in the middle of a fight. But usually it's enemies that aren't that high level and I can take on, just makes it a really good fight and I love that.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rewindxrepeat

What about the new patch? What are your thoughts about it? I haven't tried it yet!

rewindxrepeat

Inertiacreep

@rewindxrepeat oh yess.. i was wondering why nobody was talking about the patch here.. my internet was out last night and I was playing xeno thinking "wait, isn't that new patch supposed to be out?"
I'm about to go download it now

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

@GoldenGamer88
Dude that's awesome!

Good for you. I hope I can be as lucky.

Ralizah

@GoldenGamer88 Cool. Use any boosters? What kind of core crystal did you use?

It all seems so random to me. I opened a few rare core crystals and got commons, but my first extra rare blade came from a common crystal.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GoldenGamer88

@Ralizah Gave her Driver some luck-increasing gear, didn‘t use any Boosters and she came from a Rare Core Crystal that I got as an Expansion Pass gift.

Yeah, I‘ve always been pretty unlucky with Rare Core Crystals until her, too. Seem to have a much better luck with Common ones, though, this may be simply because you typically have a larger number of them than Rare ones.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JaxonH

I used a +20 Luck and +20% Luck accessory before bonding with my crystals. And I got 5 rare blades out of 60 common/9 rare. That seems pretty good to me.

I plan to save up again until I have another 60 common and at least 10 rare, and I'm going to do the same thing again where I equip the +Luck accessories and open them all at once.

The DLC just gave me 10 rare crystals and 1 legendary, so I just need to build up some commons.

Speaking of the update, The map now opens to your current location which is fantastic, and the in game mini map has a new zoomed out option. It's the perfect size to show the entire area on the screen rather than being so zoomed in you can't see anything around you.

Joeynator3000

@Galenmereth The thing is I didn't see them at all until later in the original battle...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Inertiacreep

Can legendary core crystals be farmed in game?

Inertiacreep

zionich

It's amazing how that map patch makes all the difference!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

iLikeUrAttitude

Hey everyone I have not played the game yet cause I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas but in your opinions how would you say this game compares to the original Xenoblade game? I played the first one and loved the story, gameplay and scenery.
I would prefer if you wouldn't spoil anything also.
Thanks.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Ralizah

@iLikeUrAttitude I vastly prefer this entry. The story is way faster-paced, the art style is lovely, the combat is more engaging and involved (there's a big focus on timing attacks just right and comboing various elemental attacks together), the environments are more evocative, the characters are fun, side-quests are more substantive, etc.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic